Insurance advice
923 12 2018-8-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alyna Zain Joosab
New

Hi! I'm about to buy a mavic air refurb from an authorised reseller (as I can just about afford this!) It comes with a 3month dji warranty, but after having checked with DJIs customer services, I understand I can only purchase care refresh for it if it hasn't previously had a care plan attached to it - I asked the seller for the SN so I could check this with DJI but the seller is unable to share a serial number as they can't guarantee which particular unit i'll receive on purchase - i.e. i'll only find out when i get it!

SO- my question here is, in the event I cannot get care refresh, can anyone advise of gadget insurance providers that might be able to cover? This will be my first drone, and as much as it has RTH and obstacle avoidance etc, accidents happen and I don't want to tempt fate!!!
2018-8-16
Use props
DonB1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 23698 ft

If in U k Try Eversure Insurance, they cover drones under a camera policy, 38.75 a year for mine, everything except flyaways. Join FPVUK to give public liability cover for twenty quid.
2018-8-16
Use props
Gazmg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 195358 ft
United Kingdom

If your in the UK then use these ive been using them for years with my aircraft and helis...

https://bmfa.org/
2018-8-16
Use props
Grumpy D
First Officer
Flight distance : 18245 ft
United States

If in USA check into State Farm Insurance. Cost less than DJI Refresh and you are not required to provide a corpse and NO deductible.
2018-8-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry, if you purchase a refurbished unit from authorized re-seller then you should be able to register it with our DJI Care refresh plan. Please let us know if you need our assistant. Thank you.
2018-8-16
Use props
gadgetgirl27
New

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-16 10:12
Hi, thanks for the inquiry, if you purchase a refurbished unit from authorized re-seller then you should be able to register it with our DJI Care refresh plan. Please let us know if you need our assistant. Thank you.

Thanks Tony - I was told otherwise by Jeff in your CS.
2018-8-16
Use props
gadgetgirl27
New

DonB1 Posted at 2018-8-16 09:45
If in U k Try Eversure Insurance, they cover drones under a camera policy, 38.75 a year for mine, everything except flyaways. Join FPVUK to give public liability cover for twenty quid.

sounds great, thank you!
2018-8-16
Use props
gadgetgirl27
New

Grumpy D Posted at 2018-8-16 09:49
If in USA check into State Farm Insurance. Cost less than DJI Refresh and you are not required to provide a corpse and NO deductible.

Thanks! in the UK though
2018-8-16
Use props
LordoftheFlies
lvl.3

It would be under personal "property insurance".
2018-8-16
Use props
Kingram
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84085 ft
United States

Here is a sample State farm PAP-

http://www.400agl.net/PDF%20Files/State%20Farm%20PAP.pdf
2018-8-16
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

If it is an authorised reseller, DJI warranty should be one year and of course DJI Care Refresh possible also on refurbished units. Better double check with DJI who this "authorised" reseller really is!
2018-8-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

gadgetgirl27 Posted at 2018-8-16 10:20
Thanks Tony - I was told otherwise by Jeff in your CS.

Hi, sorry for that. You can check as well the store using our website in any case that you're not going to buy refurbished unit to our online store. Please see the link below.

https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy/retail-stores
2018-8-17
Use props
Brian Olsen
New

United States

i insured my drone through state farm. it was 60 dollars for the year. can't beat it
2018-8-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules