New Ipad
855 6 2018-8-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gazmg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 195358 ft
United Kingdom

Hi peeps if youve set your dji UP using say a Samsung s8 Plus, i am now purchasing a ipad mini 2 will i have to go through all the settings ie rth hight, leds,gimbal settings etc ?

Thanks sorry if a dumb question....

2018-8-16
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

Yes every new monitor connected, has to go initial setup procedure
2018-8-16
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Most of the settings are stored on the drone/batteries/RC, so you won't have to set most of them when changing mobile devices. A few of them (like the video cache settings) are stored on the mobile device and will need to be set up again.
2018-8-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hello there, thanks for reaching out DJI Forum. Yes, I recommend you to do all the calibration process to your iPad mini 2 for reliability purposes. Also, please connect your iPad mini 2 to your remote controller and re-link it to your Aircraft. You may also watch video tutorial on our YouTube channel for reference. Should you have further question, please let us know. Thank you.

2018-8-16
Use props
Gazmg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 195358 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-8-16 09:50
Hello there, thanks for reaching out DJI Forum. Yes, I recommend you to do all the calibration process to your iPad mini 2 for reliability purposes. Also, please connect your iPad mini 2 to your remote controller and re-link it to your Aircraft. You may also watch video tutorial on our YouTube channel for reference. Should you have further question, please let us know. Thank you.

Basically set it up as new out of the box to be on safe side...imu calibration etc etc
2018-8-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Gazmg Posted at 2018-8-16 10:10
Basically set it up as new out of the box to be on safe side...imu calibration etc etc

Hi, sorry for the late response. It's recommended to calibrate the IMU and compass especially if the application will ask you to calibrate it, however, if you're about to use different devices I'm afraid that the preferred settings on your previous device will not be carried to a new device, meaning you'll be needing set it again to your preferred settings. Thank you.
2018-8-16
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

Yes you need
2018-8-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules