Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
sooo disapointed with my new ronin s
1206 4 2018-8-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Manos
lvl.2
Flight distance : 102779 ft
  • >>>
Cyprus

I was in the begining so sad to find out that the shater of my Sony a7III was controled by an optic cable , and Not usb.
But most important the stabiliser is not smooth at all when Paning , even on a tripod trying to pan with the aplication on my iphone
or sticks .... it hopps speeds for a 2 -3 seconds then it becomes stable. I tryed evrything calibration recentering auto tune balance test system calibration .. evrything looks normal
i am using the kit lens 28-70 the setup is so light .... and still paning is really horible ....  heeelppp

2018-8-16
Use props
Roland Schulz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2166962 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Unluckily same here. Panning can be smooth at some times, but speed jumps quite often and smooth panning is impossible.
Hope DJI finds an improvement in their software!
2018-8-16
Use props
lenzwizard
lvl.2
Flight distance : 314406 ft

Have you tried changing the "Smooth Track" settings. I was able to get some "smoother" panning by slowing things down a bit. I slowed the pan down to 10. With that said... the Ronin S is not as smooth as my slider.
2018-8-16
Use props
CreativeSky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21241217 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am not sure if this will help or not but with the Zhiyun Crane, there was a setting that had to do with telling the gimbal the weight of the camera. Not literally, but it was a small, medium, large kind of thing. Since the Ronin-S can handle a wide range of camera weights, I am wondering if there is an equivalent setting. I am still waiting on mine.
2018-8-16
Use props
Roland Schulz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2166962 ft
  • >>>
Germany

The weight of the camera is automatically calculated and considered by the Auto Tune function, so no need to tell the gimbal the cameras weight.
I also played with the SmoothTrack parameters but the more you lower the pan´s speed factor the greater the control error becomes, means the offset to the angle where you hold the grip to so you have to oversteer a lot what I don´t like, especially not when following pan and tilt!
Again, "wrong" PT1 behaviour is the problem "I" see (...as an electrical engineer), but I may be wrong with this.
2018-8-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules