Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Messed up dji mavic pro gimbal
1099 15 2018-8-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Superdad
lvl.1
Flight distance : 386194 ft

United States

so when I was on vacation I really wanted to go and take some pictures of the waterfall it was amazing I got some pictures then a few secs later. I got gimbal vibration abnormal then compass error, motor error ( my guess the blade got fractured by the strong winds as it did damage the side of my drone with the tip of the blade smacking it) The drone with out of control I was flying  away I couldn't bring it back I tried my best but no response it just drifted faster and faster all I was facing the direction it was going and floored it away from the river to an open field . at this point, I was in a panic I was sweating I tried to lower it down but it did slowly and... the blade snapped off and my drone crashed and that I followed the GPS I found it all I saw at that point was broke blade and landing gear. I power it on the next hour I get home and the gimbal does its little flip around (like normal) but then it stops... and doesn't move I'd touch it and it was hot but when I touched the gimbal it flipped around then stopped again. whats the problem here? I'll show you some picture's  ( i cannot show a video of the drone's gimbal just yet but ill post one soon)

file:///E:/Doneandfamily%20pics/2018-07-23%20dji/dji%20014.JPG ( picture taken one hour before the everything went wrong)

file:///F:/dji%20023.MOV (the video of the drone going crazy)

So can anyone help me?

2018-8-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to hear about the crashed. Actually, it is not advisable to fly the drone on strong winds because this will damage the aircraft and will lead to crash. I highly recommend you to send it in for repair. You may start up a case online: https://repair.dji.com. You can also contact our support team by dialing +1 (818) 235 0789 for further assistance. Thank you.
2018-8-16
Use props
Paul_IA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

You're better off just sending it in for repair. Sounds like the gimbal is messed up for starters and you might have other issues you don't even know about.
2018-8-16
Use props
Superdad
lvl.1

United States

Yeah the drone didn't tell me until I got the compass error and it told me to land ASAP but I couldn't... and I don't have any money im only 16 and I don't have a job just yet. this is my 2nd DJI drone the first was a phantom 3 it went off course while on waypoint flying into a tree ( i didn't touch the controls) So im hoping I can sell that phantom for some money and then get my precious mavic repaired and get beautiful pictures once again (i get video from the gimbal its self i just cannot control it so im thinking its wiring or gear/motor?
2018-8-16
Use props
Superdad
lvl.1

United States

Paul_IA Posted at 2018-8-16 16:50
You're better off just sending it in for repair. Sounds like the gimbal is messed up for starters and you might have other issues you don't even know about.

I do agree with you on that one there might be issues not even visible
2018-8-16
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

I haven't had any problems with my Mavic Pro gimbal except adjusting the horizon, I'd suggest you send it in to DJI for troubleshooting, etc.
2018-8-16
Use props
Superdad
lvl.1

United States

Yeah ill do that i guess
2018-8-17
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

Superdad Posted at 2018-8-17 04:55
Yeah ill do that i guess

Hope everything works out and your back flying soon.
2018-8-17
Use props
Superdad
lvl.1

United States

Quick question can anyone see the picture and the video?

2018-8-17
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Superdad Posted at 2018-8-17 07:51

No, not visible. The picture you can upload directly here if it is less than 2MB and the video you have to upload to one of the common platforms like e.g. Youtube or provide a public Dropbox or Google Drive link.
2018-8-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Superdad Posted at 2018-8-17 07:51

Hi, you can upload images and videos by using google-drive or Dropbox and provide the link here so for us to see.
2018-8-17
Use props
Superdad
lvl.1

United States

The video from the drone

Okay ?dl=0 (one hour before the crash

?dl=0 The picture right before it went south

?dl=0  Another photo (Most photos are on the laptop that i do not have with me)

?dl=0 Another photo (Most photos are on the laptop that i do not have with me)

(Im not sure if the video has bad quality for you too i think its because i used youtube?)

2018-8-17
Use props
Superdad
lvl.1

United States

?dl=0 (Another photo (Most photos are on the laptop that i do not have with me)

2018-8-17
Use props
Superdad
lvl.1

United States

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aqrn31fnqoz9qqs/dji%20014.JPG?dl=0 (one hour before)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lonpukvrg1f5sp7/dji%20019.JPG?dl=0 (a picture)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oxr6pg67kx7u0zw/dji%20022.JPG?dl=0 ( right before everything went bad)
2018-8-17
Use props
Superdad
lvl.1

United States

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x2793rq31ncw5et/dji%20003.JPG?dl=0

This form really hates me It keeps losing half of what i post and doesn't post the links right
2018-8-17
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

you should get a repair
2018-8-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules