aircraft rotates left by itself......
123Next >
4336 90 2018-8-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ariel2020
lvl.2

i have the phantom 4 pro v2.0, and am a new user.......my aircraft has been flying perfectly but recently began rotating left on its own.....it's a slow steady rotation as if i was moving the left toggle to it's left......any advice on how can i correct this circumstance?
2018-8-16
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1824291 ft
  • >>>

All of us with a v2 have been having the same thing happen...have u tried flying straight for a while like 1000 to 2000ft? Mine does not want to stay straight. Anyway tge factory fw and the .1500 fw that came out in june do not help ...i can tell u ive done every calibration known for the drone no help....dji should know by now i have been asking for help for 2 months and there is about 4 or 5 seperate threads on this....they will usually ask "what device u are using and if u are on latest fw" then "what aircraft" or "refresh tge fw please" (doesnt help) in which im sure u will say u are on latest everything and then their response will be "let us give this information to our engineers" nothing ever gets done and u can expect a robot like generic message.....we need a fix big time come on DJI!
2018-8-16
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jimmy hoffa Posted at 2018-8-16 21:10
All of us with a v2 have been having the same thing happen...have u tried flying straight for a while like 1000 to 2000ft? Mine does not want to stay straight. Anyway tge factory fw and the .1500 fw that came out in june do not help ...i can tell u ive done every calibration known for the drone no help....dji should know by now i have been asking for help for 2 months and there is about 4 or 5 seperate threads on this....they will usually ask "what device u are using and if u are on latest fw" then "what aircraft" or "refresh tge fw please" (doesnt help) in which im sure u will say u are on latest everything and then their response will be "let us give this information to our engineers" nothing ever gets done and u can expect a robot like generic message.....we need a fix big time come on DJI!

Aloha Jimmy,

Do you store your P4 Pro V2 in the foam case between flights?

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-8-17
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Aloha ariel,

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-8-17
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

have you tried calibrating the joysticks?
2018-8-17
Use props
Bulcsú
lvl.3
Flight distance : 712218 ft
Hungary

Hello! Almost every V2 phantom 4 pro is bad. There is a lot of complaint, no help. It's unusable for the drone.
2018-8-17
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. We apologize for the inconvenience. Did you try to calibrate the drone? Is there any error message showing in your app during that event? Did it suffer from a hard landing or crashed once?
2018-8-17
Use props
ariel2020
lvl.2

Jimmy hoffa Posted at 2018-8-16 21:10
All of us with a v2 have been having the same thing happen...have u tried flying straight for a while like 1000 to 2000ft? Mine does not want to stay straight. Anyway tge factory fw and the .1500 fw that came out in june do not help ...i can tell u ive done every calibration known for the drone no help....dji should know by now i have been asking for help for 2 months and there is about 4 or 5 seperate threads on this....they will usually ask "what device u are using and if u are on latest fw" then "what aircraft" or "refresh tge fw please" (doesnt help) in which im sure u will say u are on latest everything and then their response will be "let us give this information to our engineers" nothing ever gets done and u can expect a robot like generic message.....we need a fix big time come on DJI!

thanks for your input....i love this aircraft so i am hopeful of learning how to correct this circumstance....patience and your assistance is much appreciated....thank you....
2018-8-17
Use props
ariel2020
lvl.2

Cetacean Posted at 2018-8-17 02:46
Aloha Jimmy,

yes, i do....i tend to take great care with it.....it's a very cool little aircraft and i hope to even out this discrepancy of it rotating left by itself.....thank you for your input....
2018-8-17
Use props
ariel2020
lvl.2

Antonio76 Posted at 2018-8-17 04:13
have you tried calibrating the joysticks?

yes, i tried.....following the instructions on the screen....however, once completed the screen asked me to "finish"....the only choice i saw was 'done'....i am uncertain if the joystick calibration was successful.....i am a very new learner, but little by little......thanks for your input.....
2018-8-17
Use props
ariel2020
lvl.2

Bulcsú Posted at 2018-8-17 05:20
Hello! Almost every V2 phantom 4 pro is bad. There is a lot of complaint, no help. It's unusable for the drone.

i love this little aircraft, and so far it is performing wonderfully with this exception of it rotating left by itself.....thanks for answering my inquiry.....
2018-8-17
Use props
ariel2020
lvl.2

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-17 06:31
Hello there. We apologize for the inconvenience. Did you try to calibrate the drone? Is there any error message showing in your app during that event? Did it suffer from a hard landing or crashed once?

hi wanda, thank you for your assistance.....i have calibrated it for location....i tried to calibrate the toggle switches but when i reached the end the process the screen asked my to check 'finish'....the only choice i saw was 'done'.....i checked that but when i tried to fly the toggle switches were not engaged at all....i had to restore the 'beginner's mode' to regain their use.....now it flys perfectly again excepting that it continues to rotate left by itself.....i have had no accidents with it, no hard landings, etc.  once i flew it into a fog bank and when it came out it had drops of water on it....that's the only irregular circumstance so far....i love this little aircraft and am excited to learn how to solve this one discrepancy, that it rotates left by itself.....thank you so very much for your input and assistance.....
2018-8-17
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
  • >>>

Dji wanda mine like a bunch of other people have been fully calibrated in desperation for it to fly correctly.... it has never been crashed or bumped.... I even exchanged it for a New v2 same problem even going to .1500  didnt solve anything it's not like there was a fix in this recent firmware to help in any way. So far what I have tried is a firmware refresh, a stick calibration, and IMU calibration a compass calibration.... take the app off device, reload
On device (knew it was a long shot) tried a new device. I did a vision calib.... I have basically done every calibration you could do! there is something wrong I keep telling you guys all you have to do is just fly straight for a thousand to two thousand feet...... just fly straight for a good length, and you will see this thing start to drift left.... also and in hover it will slowly start to go left all on its own.... I wish I would have kept my V1!
2018-8-17
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

ariel2020 Posted at 2018-8-17 07:25
hi wanda, thank you for your assistance.....i have calibrated it for location....i tried to calibrate the toggle switches but when i reached the end the process the screen asked my to check 'finish'....the only choice i saw was 'done'.....i checked that but when i tried to fly the toggle switches were not engaged at all....i had to restore the 'beginner's mode' to regain their use.....now it flys perfectly again excepting that it continues to rotate left by itself.....i have had no accidents with it, no hard landings, etc.  once i flew it into a fog bank and when it came out it had drops of water on it....that's the only irregular circumstance so far....i love this little aircraft and am excited to learn how to solve this one discrepancy, that it rotates left by itself.....thank you so very much for your input and assistance.....

Thank you for the response. Is it possible if you can provide a sample footage indicating the problem for further assistance? You may upload it through youtube or Dropbox then provide us the link.
2018-8-17
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Jimmy hoffa Posted at 2018-8-17 08:21
Dji wanda mine like a bunch of other people have been fully calibrated in desperation for it to fly correctly.... it has always been stored in its case never crash or bumped.... I even exchanged it for a New v2 same problem even going to .1500  didnt solve anything it's not like there was a fix in this recent firmware to help in any way. So far what I have tried is a firmware refresh, a stick calibration, and IMU calibration a compass calibration.... take the app off device, reload
On device (knew it was a long shot) tried a new device. I did a vision calib.... I have basically done every calibration you could do! there is something wrong I keep telling you guys all you have to do is just fly straight for a thousand to two thousand feet...... just fly straight for a good length, and you will see this thing start to drift left.... also and in hover it will slowly start to go left all on its own.... I wish I would have kept my V1!

We sincerely sorry for the trouble. Do you have a sample footage that you can provide for further assistance? You may upload it through youtube or Dropbox and send us the link.
2018-8-17
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

ariel2020 Posted at 2018-8-17 07:14
yes, i do....i tend to take great care with it.....it's a very cool little aircraft and i hope to even out this discrepancy of it rotating left by itself.....thank you for your input....

Aloha ariel,

OK, that may be important.  Look at the way your remote controller is stored.  Does the left stick, used for YAW and Power, touch the side when it is stored.  Try an experiment.  Remove the remote controller from the foam box in between flights for a week and see if there is any improvement over time.  Make sure nothing touches the sticks.  You could also do a remote controller calibration after two days out of the box and see if that is an improvement.  Let us know how it goes.

I noticed that my own P4 Pro remote controller sticks would touch the side when it was stored in the foam box.  I liked my sticks long.  You can unscrew the stick handles when they are stored if you cannot store them with the handles on and keep them from touching the sides.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-8-17
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Jimmy hoffa Posted at 2018-8-17 08:21
Dji wanda mine like a bunch of other people have been fully calibrated in desperation for it to fly correctly.... it has always been stored in its case never crash or bumped.... I even exchanged it for a New v2 same problem even going to .1500  didnt solve anything it's not like there was a fix in this recent firmware to help in any way. So far what I have tried is a firmware refresh, a stick calibration, and IMU calibration a compass calibration.... take the app off device, reload
On device (knew it was a long shot) tried a new device. I did a vision calib.... I have basically done every calibration you could do! there is something wrong I keep telling you guys all you have to do is just fly straight for a thousand to two thousand feet...... just fly straight for a good length, and you will see this thing start to drift left.... also and in hover it will slowly start to go left all on its own.... I wish I would have kept my V1!

Aloha Jimmy,

See my Post #16 to ariel.  Look to see if your sticks touch the side of the box when it is stored, particularly the left stick for power and YAW.  Repeat the experiment I suggested to ariel with your own remote controller.  Let us know how it goes.

Be sure you do a Remote Controller calibration after two days out of the box.  The remote controller calibration is the one that requires that the aircraft is off during the calibration.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-8-17
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-17 06:31
Hello there. We apologize for the inconvenience. Did you try to calibrate the drone? Is there any error message showing in your app during that event? Did it suffer from a hard landing or crashed once?

Aloha Wanda,

Please see my Posts #16 and #17.  I discovered this problem a few Phantoms ago.  The most common source of the problem is storing the remote controller in the box with the sticks touching the side and not sitting freely movable.  The metal memory of the stretched or compressed springs distort the input of the sticks causing the rotation of other false maneuver.  

Mahalo for the help!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-8-17
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
  • >>>

Wanda here it is in flight drifting..(mine)

Here is another persons while hovering! Please fix this it is a big problem!

2018-8-17
Use props
ariel2020
lvl.2

Jimmy hoffa Posted at 2018-8-17 18:00
Wanda here it is in flight drifting..(mine)

https://youtu.be/ZnkO3AlcUsw

well done, jimmy hoffa.....i videoed my v2.0 rotating left too.....uncertain how to upload it, but yes, let's see if wanda can suggest a solution......
2018-8-17
Use props
ariel2020
lvl.2

Cetacean Posted at 2018-8-17 15:23
Aloha Wanda,

Please see my Posts #16 and #17.  I discovered this problem a few Phantoms ago.  The most common source of the problem is storing the remote controller in the box with the sticks touching the side and not sitting freely movable.  The metal memory of the stretched or compressed springs distort the input of the sticks causing the rotation of other false maneuver.  

i will try leaving the controller out of the foam container....thank you.
2018-8-17
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

ariel2020 Posted at 2018-8-17 20:51
i will try leaving the controller out of the foam container....thank you.

Aloha ariel,

Please let us know how it goes in three or so days.  Mahalo!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-8-17
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
  • >>>

Cetacean that doesnt make sense because i keep my drone and remote out of the box. So dont think it messes with the sticks lol thats a funny one tho! First i heard of that on a serious note this needs to be fixed ASAP come on DJI these drones aren't cheap
2018-8-18
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Jimmy hoffa Posted at 2018-8-18 15:29
Cetacean that doesnt make sense because i keep my drone and remote out of the box. So dont think it messes with the sticks lol thats a funny one tho! First i heard of that on a serious note this needs to be fixed ASAP come on DJI these drones aren't cheap

Aloha Jimmy,

It only makes sense if I read, ".... it has always been stored in its case never crash or bumped.... ".  That was what I was taking for your input on the problem.  I asked you directly if you kept your P4 Pro V2 in the case.  You did not respond but made that statement above to Wanda.  This may be the first comment you have made to me.  I do what I can under sometimes difficult circumstances.

Meanwhile, ariel did say she kept her P4 Pro V2 in the foam box (and you indicated the same to Wanda).  She is now experimenting for me by keeping it outside the box and the sticks free of any contact.  Metal memory in springs is a real problem.  Fortunately, DJI provides remote controller calibration and stick calibration can help with that problem.  This is a great tool to see if metal memory is part of the problem but we need to communicate in order to help someone that might have a metal memory problem.

You may not have the same problem as ariel.  Your effort to lump it all into a "basket of DJI failure" causes problems in trying to solve your and ariel's different problems.  But first we have to eliminate metal memory as part of the problem you and ariel have.

BTW, when you do a remote controller calibration, do you keep the aircraft turned off?  Have you ever done a remote controller calibration on a device other than a DJI remote controller?  Do you move the sticks completely in all allowed dimensions?  

It is very important that the stick input covers all possible calculations and the only way that can happen is if you cover all possible stick input.  You also have to follow the final instructions as DJI indicates.  If you do not cover all the "bases", your static stick position can cause rotation or drift.  Have you ever noticed the "Tab" options on non-DJI remote controllers?  They are there for similar reasons as this discussion.

Solving the problem is still in your lap, not DJI's.  You have not responded to questions about your problem.  We need those responses so we can help you before we can even try to help you get DJI assistance in a larger problem.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-8-18
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
  • >>>

Yes i have responded i said i done ALL calibrations..really? Its like u are trying to say i didnt do the calib right.. and there is no such thing as " metal spring memory" that is just nonsense that u made up, never heard of that in all my yrs of flying ....anyway yes I did the stick calibration with the aircraft off and I have many DJI aircraft also many RC helicopters with various remotes dx-9 vbar/vcontrol 1000$ setup. So I know all about calibrations and how to do them been flying for 15 years. Have you ever seen the inside of a remote? there is no such thing as sticking the remote inside the case and having the sticks potentially stick from the case...the potentiometers will be ok! Also in my case sticks barely touch if laying case down flat. I only use the case when I am traveling other than that the remote an aircraft stay out of the case again I have done all calibrations this isn't my first rodeo. All means everything....im updated to latest. This is a serious problem and needs to be addressed. I was a beta tester for ikon fbl unit so i know all about finding bugs and going thru the measures to address them (like doing calibrations / proper setup...before reporting.
Also one other note is you are the only case I ever heard of with these "sticky remote controls" from putting the remote in its case.... you probably found resolution because you calibrated it correctly finally. And because i keep my remote out of the case your "sticky remote stick"  theory goes out the window.....i cant believe im even engaging in this nonsense with u ....no such thing but I have to let you know that is the du*best thing i ever heard. U should check out the inside of a remote. Seriously
2018-8-19
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
  • >>>

And solving the problem is not in my lap! and is definitely in DJI's  I have done everything I could we need a firmware fix!!! I paide 1500 $ + the ac should fly straight not crooked. And shouldnt yaw on its own!!!!! P.s. me and ariel have the same problem our aircraft do the same thing....now get out of this thread with your "metal memory " nonsense . And i will be willing to bet money ariel keeping her remote out of her case does squat!!! Complete garbage u made up. Really??? The sticks have metal memory ....u will cause no harm to the springs or p potentiometers....lots of people would be complaing if ir were a REAL PROBLEM..again i do not KEEP MY REMOTE IN THE CASE! ONLY IF I TRAVEL (RARE) I HAVE DONE EVERY SINGLE CALIBRATION!!! ALOHA AND sayonara!!!
2018-8-19
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft

Im with jimmy, cetacean that is the dumbest thing i have ever heard. Anyway my v2 does this also. It will rotate left all by itself in flight and in a hover. I have done remote calibrations and all drone calibrations. Dji this is a real problem.
2018-8-19
Use props
ariel2020
lvl.2

Jimmy hoffa Posted at 2018-8-19 07:34
And solving the problem is not in my lap! and is definitely in DJI's  I have done everything I could we need a firmware fix!!! I paide 1500 $ + the ac should fly straight not crooked. And shouldnt yaw on its own!!!!! P.s. me and ariel have the same problem our aircraft do the same thing....now get out of this thread with your "metal memory " nonsense . And i will be willing to bet money ariel keeping her remote out of her case does squat!!! Complete garbage u made up. Really??? The sticks have metal memory ....u will cause no harm to the springs or p potentiometers....lots of people would be complaing if ir were a REAL PROBLEM..again i do not KEEP MY REMOTE IN THE CASE! ONLY IF I TRAVEL (RARE) I HAVE DONE EVERY SINGLE CALIBRATION!!! ALOHA AND sayonara!!!

certainly the solution to our aircraft rotating by themselves will be accomplished by DJI....in the mean time every idea we can access on our own, as users, is of value.... let's continue to try, while sending our data to DJI....they are as motivated as we are to working this out.....i appreciate each and every inquiry, each and every idea.... and i love the possibility that one of our ideas might just be the one.... anyway, we are in this together...while we wait for DJI let's just see if we can figure it out ourselves....
2018-8-19
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer

Yea hopefully dji see's this thread. My v2 fly's like crap. My friend's original p4p fly's so much better
2018-8-19
Use props
ariel2020
lvl.2

$gambino$ Posted at 2018-8-19 07:58
Im with jimmy, cetacean that is the dumbest thing i have ever heard. Anyway my v2 does this also. It will rotate left all by itself in flight and in a hover. I have done remote calibrations and all drone calibrations. Dji this is a real problem.

by the way, one circumstance i have discovered with my aircraft is that even as it is in a distant location, 1000' feet or more (i have had it away 2 miles over the pacific), and rotating left by itself, if i engage the 'home' button my aircraft overrides the tendency to rotate left and flies straight home....so, this suggests to me that the issue is one of software....although i default to being a beginner, so just a guess....
2018-8-19
Use props
EdM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1491814 ft
  • >>>
United States

ariel2020 Posted at 2018-8-19 08:17
by the way, one circumstance i have discovered with my aircraft is that even as it is in a distant location, 1000' feet or more (i have had it away 2 miles over the pacific), and rotating left by itself, if i engage the 'home' button my aircraft overrides the tendency to rotate left and flies straight home....so, this suggests to me that the issue is one of software....although i default to being a beginner, so just a guess....

Or it's smart enuff to self correct all the way home.
2018-8-19
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer

Yea i notice that if i put it in rth it will def self correct and start to fly straight. Very odd definitely software
2018-8-19
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer

Edm if that was the case it would be "smart enough" to not rotate left in a hover and fly straight when pressing the stick forward.
2018-8-19
Use props
ariel2020
lvl.2

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-17 09:24
We sincerely sorry for the trouble. Do you have a sample footage that you can provide for further assistance? You may upload it through youtube or Dropbox and send us the link.

wanda, jimmy hoffa and others have put on utube videos showing how our aircraft (v2.0) rotate left by themselves......we know it is a common problem as we are all having it happen to our individual aircraft.
these are the circumstances we know:
1. aircraft rotates left by itself
2. it is most common to happen at a distance from the controller (1000 ft, for example)
3. when the RTH button is activated the aircraft flies home in a  straight line. so this rotation circumstance is corrected, or overruled, by the RTH function.
hope these 'what we know' conditions can be of assistance to you as you orchestrate a solution.
please keep us posted....thanks!
2018-8-19
Use props
paul2660
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10331 ft
  • >>>

With the P4 VR2.0, I have found you have to put a bit of pressure on the stick to avoid this.  I have noticed the yaw to the left issue and the drone's tendency to make a hard move to the left ( about 2 feet) on take off.  Not a bit deal unless take is in a tight spot.   I have just gotten used to it as DJI has made no attempt to even admit the issue is there.  If you think it's the case the controller is carried in, and some type of stick contact, I don't agree, not sure about "spring" memory.  I carry mine in either the form case or a backpack as the foam case doesn't lend itself to the field.  Back pack is the Lowe Pro 450AW, plenty of space and no pressure on controller.  

The Vr 2.0 yaws on hover and it has a tendency to continue a yaw after you let go of the stick on a pan.  Again, you have to just keep slight pressure on the stick.  

My P4 Pro Obsidian, has none of these issues just flew both yesterday, to compare noise levels.  The Vr 2.0 is going to slightly attempt to yaw.  

The firmware update for the Vr 2.0 which was to correct the compass mismatch issue did nothing to correct the yaw issue.  

The issue is minor for me, but it's still something you have to work around during flight.  

Paul C
2018-8-19
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
  • >>>

Thanks for your feedback paul c. I agree
2018-8-19
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Jimmy hoffa Posted at 2018-8-19 07:30
Yes i have responded i said i done ALL calibrations..really? Its like u are trying to say i didnt do the calib right.. and there is no such thing as " metal spring memory" that is just nonsense that u made up, never heard of that in all my yrs of flying ....anyway yes I did the stick calibration with the aircraft off and I have many DJI aircraft also many RC helicopters with various remotes dx-9 vbar/vcontrol 1000$ setup. So I know all about calibrations and how to do them been flying for 15 years. Have you ever seen the inside of a remote? there is no such thing as sticking the remote inside the case and having the sticks potentially stick from the case...the potentiometers will be ok! Also in my case sticks barely touch if laying case down flat. I only use the case when I am traveling other than that the remote an aircraft stay out of the case again I have done all calibrations this isn't my first rodeo. All means everything....im updated to latest. This is a serious problem and needs to be addressed. I was a beta tester for ikon fbl unit so i know all about finding bugs and going thru the measures to address them (like doing calibrations / proper setup...before reporting.
Also one other note is you are the only case I ever heard of with these "sticky remote controls" from putting the remote in its case.... you probably found resolution because you calibrated it correctly finally. And because i keep my remote out of the case your "sticky remote stick"  theory goes out the window.....i cant believe im even engaging in this nonsense with u ....no such thing but I have to let you know that is the du*best thing i ever heard. U should check out the inside of a remote. Seriously

Aloha Jimmy,

You have serious issues and none of them have anything to do with DJI products.  Good luck in you endeavors.  It is highly unlikely your problem will be solved because you do not want to solve it.

As they say, you can lead a horse to water but you cannot make them drink.

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-8-19
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Jimmy hoffa Posted at 2018-8-19 07:34
And solving the problem is not in my lap! and is definitely in DJI's  I have done everything I could we need a firmware fix!!! I paide 1500 $ + the ac should fly straight not crooked. And shouldnt yaw on its own!!!!! P.s. me and ariel have the same problem our aircraft do the same thing....now get out of this thread with your "metal memory " nonsense . And i will be willing to bet money ariel keeping her remote out of her case does squat!!! Complete garbage u made up. Really??? The sticks have metal memory ....u will cause no harm to the springs or p potentiometers....lots of people would be complaing if ir were a REAL PROBLEM..again i do not KEEP MY REMOTE IN THE CASE! ONLY IF I TRAVEL (RARE) I HAVE DONE EVERY SINGLE CALIBRATION!!! ALOHA AND sayonara!!!

Aloha Jimmy,

Your problem in in your lap, you just cannot see it.  Good luck.

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-8-19
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

$gambino$ Posted at 2018-8-19 07:58

Aloha Gambino,

Solving problems is a process.  If you do not follow the process, it is hard to solve the problem except by luck.  Good luck facing reality or is that just another dumbest thing?

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-8-19
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

ariel2020 Posted at 2018-8-19 08:17
by the way, one circumstance i have discovered with my aircraft is that even as it is in a distant location, 1000' feet or more (i have had it away 2 miles over the pacific), and rotating left by itself, if i engage the 'home' button my aircraft overrides the tendency to rotate left and flies straight home....so, this suggests to me that the issue is one of software....although i default to being a beginner, so just a guess....

Aloha ariel,

The software in this scenario is that the DJI GO 4 app handed off control of the aircraft to the GPS for the return.  My first thought was that you were on to something, but then I remembered about the GPS.  The sticks are not involved in a RTH.  It would have been a good observation though if they were involved.

Mahalo; of all the contributors to this thread, you are the only one who is trying to solve the problem with what is available to you.  It seems the others just want to blame DJI.

If there is no benefit to the sticks keeping the remote controller out of the box, then we have eliminated a very basic source of the problem, especially since it is such a slight, but irritating, problem.  Still the test needs to be done to eliminate that possibility.  Contrary to what the others have said, I have solved a related problem with earlier versions of the Phantom by dealing with metal memory when storing the Phantom.  My sticks were set too long for the foam support.

If you want to continue working on this problem, may I suggest you follow the interesting observation you made with your RTH theory.  You can try Homelock, Courselock, TapFly and some of the other GPS and Stick (Free Flight Option) Intelligent Flight Modes.  Does your P4 Pro V.2 rotate left in those modes?  Does your P4 Pro V.2 rotate left in those modes without being in the Free Flight Option?  Like RTH, what other modes cut out the slight rotation?  Besides trying to solve your problem, it is a good way to learn more about your Phantoms.  DJI is very interested in the results you get with these kind of tests.

Unfortunately, I do not have a P4 Pro V.2, so I am limited in what I can contribute to solving your problem.  Good Luck!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-8-19
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules