Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nobbe42
lvl.2
Flight distance : 448573 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hi There,

I've just purchased a Ronin-S anda Force pro and I think this combination is a really great product. However despite of being advertised as compatible devices there still seem to be some compatibility issues - at least at present. So here are my questions:

1)
I cannot get a 1:1 movement although I set the knobs to 65 as stated in the user manual.

2)
I have a GH5s on the Ronin-S which is connected with the camera cable and all functions including the focus whell work great. However when I press the record button on the Force pro I just get a message stating that a camera cable has to be attached in order to use this function. But the camera cable IS attached.

3)
Where can I get a proper power cable in order to use the DJI Focus (I need to power the motor on the Ronin-S) ?

Regards & thanks for any advise!
Norbert
2018-8-16
Use props
nobbe42
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

O.K. Thanks to adamjrichman at least I have a solution for question 1) and I'll post it here so perhaps it helps anyone else.

By the way - here is another similar discussion going on about this topic: https://forum.dji.com/thread-161963-1-1.html

Out of the box all knobs of the Force pro do not work with the Ronin-S - unless - you set all values in the app to numeric values (usually inside the app there is only "low" , "medium", etc. but no absolute numeric values.). Once set, all knobs seem to work fine and 65 gives you a near to 1:1 movement.
2018-8-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi adamjrichman, sorry for the late response and glad to know you have figured out the first issue, for the second one, may I know if the issue happens every time when you press the record button? What is your current firmware version of Ronin-S?
For how to use the DJI Focus motor with Ronin-S and what cable is requested, I will PM you the user manual, please check later.
2018-8-20
Use props
nobbe42
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

Hi Mindy,

thanks a lot for the instructions on how to connect the focus motor and which cable to use.

As for question #2 (Start / Stop camera on GH5s not working when pressing the corresponding button on the force pro hand unit):

--> Yes, it happens all the time. So far I have not been able to start the recording of my GH5s from the Force pro.

I will look up the firmware of the Ronin-S and the Force pro and let you know.

Regards,
Norbert
2018-8-22
Use props
jasonfung
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9426 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-20 03:06
Hi adamjrichman, sorry for the late response and glad to know you have figured out the first issue, for the second one, may I know if the issue happens every time when you press the record button? What is your current firmware version of Ronin-S?
For how to use the DJI Focus motor with Ronin-S and what cable is requested, I will PM you the user manual, please check later.

With the Force Pro connected to the Ronin-S via wireless and the Ronin-S Focus Motor connected to the gimbal, is there any focus control from the Force Pro?
2018-12-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

jasonfung Posted at 12-6 06:04
With the Force Pro connected to the Ronin-S via wireless and the Ronin-S Focus Motor connected to the gimbal, is there any focus control from the Force Pro?

Hi Jason, please note currently, Ronin-S can only connect to DJI Force Pro via the Ronin-MX CAN Cable for Ronin-MX/S, then we can control gimbals remotely with incredible accuracy.
2018-12-7
Use props
JPW
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9426 ft
  • >>>
Canada

To summarize, here are my findings and current issues and from notes I've read here:

My setup:

Ronin-S with Focus Wheel and Command Unit connected to a Wireless Pro using the Ronin-M/MX Can Cable. Sony A7III w/ 28mm F2 connected to the gimbal using the New Sony Multi-USB Cable. I also have an HDMI monitor looped out to an HDMI TX. On the AC side, I have a monitor cage with a 7" monitor fed from the HDMI RX and a Force Pro sitting vertically on top of the cage. Most people using the Force Pro will want to externally monitor, so I've given my notes below on this setup as it pertains to Sony.

Notes:
*Certain configurations disable the camera image feed during record mode, so you have to decide how that affects you. If you want both your operator and AC to be able to see the image feed during recording, you may need to test your setup. [https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/articles/00120915]

*Ronin-S focus wheel can only operate zoom. On a non Power-Zoom lens, like the prime lens I'm using, setting the Sony menu "Clear Zoom" to on will give you a 2x interpolated zoom which is better than using the purely Digital Zoom setting.

*The Ronin-S has to be set to numeric values in the app (not low/med/high, but custom values) to be able to work with the Force Pro

*The Ronin-S axes has to be inverted for the Force Pro to orient properly.

*The Ronin-S has 3 profiles, the Force Pro has 5. On the Force Pro: Default=Ronin-S 1, User 1=Ronin-S 2 and User 2=Ronin-S 3. Keep your Force Pro setup in one of Ronin-S memory profiles, but not all 3, or you won't have a usable configuration when you aren't working with the Force Pro.

*The command unit is invaluable for checking things when testing on the fly with the Force Pro without needing the app. It saved me a ton of time verifying settings from the Force Pro. It also shows the axis movement when in standby mode.

*Sometimes the system gets hung up. When I change a setting on the Force Pro, it reverts back to the previous value after saving, and doesn't update the Ronin-S either. I have to power off everything and restart.

*I set C1 to Pause and C2 to Recenter. Re-center doesn't always work immediately, it takes a few button presses. I think the system is waiting for relatively no motion before it will recenter. That is probably why I saw someone needing to put it in sleep mode first and then recentering because the deadband was set too low and it was constantly receiving inputs.

*The record button the gimbal can start-stop recording properly, but the record button on the Force Pro gives an error "Camera Cable Not Connected." This must be a bug.

2018-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules