Assistant 2 installation Warning on Mac
2327 1 2018-8-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rex Maximilian
lvl.2
Flight distance : 27264 ft
United States

Aloha all... I wish my first post to the forum was more uplifting (sorry for the pun) but I felt a strong need to alert other users to a potential disaster waiting to happen.

I'm a new owner of a Mavic Pro Platinum drone and the DJI Goggles. I got them in a bundle from Costco. So far, so good flying the drone with DJI Go 4 on my iPhone. However, I tried activating the goggles (based on the movie in the Academy) using Assistant 2 on a MacBook Air running High Sierra. First off, I got warnings for both the Assistant 2 install and the for the HoRNDIS kernel install. Usually a simple "OK" to install is sufficient, but this time my Mac made me go to the secirity settings for each to override the security setting. This should have been my first clue to NOT install it. Basically, the HoRNDIS kernal file caused my Mac to not boot up from that point on. I couldnt even boot up in safe mode (shift-key down durig start up). I was able to boot up in Recovery mode (Cmd-R) because it is a separate partition. I then had to install a fresh MacOS on an external drive, then boot up from it (by holding down the option key during boot up and choosing the external drive). You MUST have the same AppleID as the one your machine uses with the new OS. Once booted, the Macintosh HD was like any other attached drive. I went into the Users folder, then the home folder, then the System/Library/Extensions folder and removed the HoRNDIS kernel extension and deleted it. I was then able to boot up.

This was not a quick process, but something that resolved itself 22 hours later and the solution was figured out "on-the-fly." Hopefully this can help someone else if the same thing occurs. Is Assistant 2 incompatible with High Sierra?

I'll now try to activate the goggles with Go 4 app.

Safe flights! Rex
2018-8-17
Use props
obnasrM2P
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1091473 ft
United Arab Emirates

Hi Rex, I'm facing the same problem. Did DJI confirm that this is caused by their 3rd party software HoRNDIS?
2019-5-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules