GPS tracker
1489 13 2018-8-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Allen Rheinholtz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21877 ft

What are some of the best GPS trackers out there ?
2018-8-17
Use props
Alex Batalov
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Dunno about the best but I’m using tk 102 , so far all is working good and no issues.
Safe Flying.
Alex.
2018-8-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry, I would like to ask what seems to be the reason for using this GPS tracker? Please keep us posted
2018-8-17
Use props
Joller79 DK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26447 ft
Denmark

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-17 11:58
Hi, thanks for the inquiry, I would like to ask what seems to be the reason for using this GPS tracker? Please keep us posted

Tony.  Seriously?? You ask why he wants to use a tracker, after 100"""1000 flyaways!
Com.on
2018-8-17
Use props
Warriewoodlad
Second Officer
Flight distance : 625230 ft
Australia

Just trying to get the problem in perspective. We are talking about bluetooth or gsm trackers? And we need these for fly-aways where Find My Drone does not work?
2018-8-17
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Warriewoodlad Posted at 2018-8-17 14:31
Just trying to get the problem in perspective. We are talking about bluetooth or gsm trackers? And we need these for fly-aways where Find My Drone does not work?

Find My Drone will only show the last location that was recorded in the log on your mobile device. Lost drones are rarely found at that location. If you attach an external tracker that has its own battery, it will continue to run and broadcast its location even after the drone is powered down.
2018-8-18
Use props
OhTello
lvl.3
Sweden

I am using a ReachFar V8s

https://de.aliexpress.com/w/whol ... 8101311&needQuery=n

2018-8-18
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

What is right place for it on Spark to avoid interference with Spark own GPS?
2018-8-18
Use props
Warriewoodlad
Second Officer
Flight distance : 625230 ft
Australia

msinger Posted at 2018-8-18 05:44
Find My Drone will only show the last location that was recorded in the log on your mobile device. Lost drones are rarely found at that location. If you attach an external tracker that has its own battery, it will continue to run and broadcast its location even after the drone is powered down.

I was trying to assess the risk and the likely success rate of the tracker solution.
I assume that the chance of a fly-away is slight, since DJI is still in business.
For a bluetooth tracker, you need to get within 30m to get a response.
A gsm tracker (+/- gps) needs a good phone network signal where the drone goes down and requires a monthly outlay.
So to me, unless I am missing something, a tracker appears to be an uncertain solution to an unlikely problem.
Given my tendency to land drone is water, I would be better off adding floats.
2018-8-18
Use props
Greg F
Second Officer
Flight distance : 944308 ft
Australia

Been reading in other places that GPS Trackers can be affected by the Drone.   Plus you have to be careful not to place the Tracker close to the Drone's GPS Antennas to cause any Interference.    Would be cool to see someone  take a picture of their Spark and the GPS Tracker they have..
2018-8-18
Use props
Alex Batalov
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Mine is attached with Velcro to the bottom. The Velcro is attached to the battery. No interference issues whatsoever. The only monthly cost is 5 euros for the SIM card, that’s it!!! And I think 5 euros is nothing when it comes to losing your drone or not!!
  I lost one spark, thank you enough.
I won’t take the chance again and i am very happy with the gsm tracker!!
Safe Flying.
Alex.
2018-8-18
Use props
MikB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13346 ft
France

It would be really useful if DJI organised the Spark to give an loud audible beep every 10 seconds, rather like the sound made by a Scop's Owl (google) whenever contact is lost. We might get fewer lost drones and perhaps more owl lovers.
2018-8-19
Use props
Ryan Olivas
lvl.4

United States

I'm Using Trackimo which I initially bought for my car but since I'm hearing a lot of news about flyaways, I decided to attach it to my drone just for reassurance(Specially I'm still considered a newbie in drone flying).
2018-8-19
Use props
Papachylo
lvl.2

United States

Today, almost everyone uses some form of global positioning system (GPS), whether it's a mobile phone, a computer device, or a car navigation system. I recently read gps tracking device reviews and decided to order the Matrack GPS Tracker, as it is a compact, great real-time GPS tracker that has excellent battery power.
2021-6-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules