Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Latest Tello update made my drone unstable (not worth flying)
Home / TELLO /
14013 10 2018-8-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
P2-I1-P4
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2630909 ft
  • >>>

I updated my Tello app to 01.04.35.01 and updated the Tello drone. When taking it off, the drone will not maintain an altitude (2 to 6 feet differences), nor will it stay within 3 feet of its original position. It fluctuates so greatly that it lands on the ground by itself. I calibrated the IMU's and I does the same thing. I feel this update was ruined my drone and I am not too happy. Can I return it back to the original firmware? (before the update?)  Also, the app said the drone overheated for the first time after trying to fly it in the house (75 degrees f) for 2 minutes. I wonder if the update is causing it to do that?
2018-8-17
Use props
Alwin Vestergaard
New

Netherlands

yep..... same here
2018-8-18
Use props
Alwin Vestergaard
New

Netherlands

yep..... same here
2018-8-18
Use props
P2-I1-P4
lvl.3
  • >>>

I received the below reply from Ryze, but it did not fix my issue.

Jeff (Ryzerobotics)
8月18日 CST07:44

Dear Aaron,

Thank you for contacting Ryze Technical Support.

We understand that you are having issues with your Tello drone maintaining its altitude and is also drifting from its original place. Don't worry as we will do our best to assist you with this concern.

In this case, may we ask if you could try to do a Center Gravity Calibration? To do this, please do launch the drone and let hover. While hovering, the Center Gravity Calibration should now be available to be tapped on. Do this and see if this would fix your concern.

We will be waiting for your response.
Thank you and may you have a nice day.
You will receive an email survey two days after this email if not responded. If you happen to be away and won’t be able to answer this email timely, please disregard the survey and reply to us directly.

Best Regards
Jeff
RYZE Customer Support
2018-8-18
Use props
P2-I1-P4
lvl.3
  • >>>

Second Email from Ryze:

Jeff (Ryzerobotics)
8月19日 CST08:15

Dear Aaron,

Thank you for your response.

We do apologize as there is no way to downgrade or do a factory reset on the Tello drone. What we can do for you is submit this issue to our Engineers so that they can investigate this issue and have it resolved as soon as possible.

In order to do this, please fill out the information below so we could submit this to our Engineers.

Name:
E-mail:
Contact Number:
Mobile Device:
Firmware version:
Aircraft S/N:
The issue you are experiencing with the drone:
Small video clip showing the issue:

We do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you and we hope for your understanding.
You will receive an email survey two days after this email if not responded. If you happen to be away and won’t be able to answer this email timely, please disregard the survey and reply to us directly.

Best Regards
Jeff
RYZE Customer Support

I'll post any fixes they give me here.
2018-8-18
Use props
P2-I1-P4
lvl.3
  • >>>

UPDATE (8/22/2018) I removed the battery from the Tello drone for awhile and reinstalled it. (that must have removed the glitch) The drone flies as advertised, stable like the original firmware. Tello drone is fun again.  
2018-8-22
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Thanks a lot for your great share. The valuable method is highly appreciated. Wish you have a nice time on flying.
2018-8-23
Use props
STech - Hathdert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459094 ft

Same here, remove battery dont work for me, i already tried everything ( imu, center of gravity, reset, etc).

Anyone have a solution? My tello is realy realy instable, before the update it was rock solid hovering.
2018-9-3
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Appreciate your update and positive feedback Hathdert, we're constantly working to improve our product.

In regard to unstable video, please kindly removes the prop guards and fly the drone in a bright outdoor environment with no wind. If it persists, would you be so kind to offer a video showing this issue, plus screenshots of the version of APP, firmware as well as the mobile device?

Thanks a lot in advance.

2018-9-3
Use props
inetflash
lvl.4
Netherlands

I experience the same here, the drone want to land itself! it's terrible! Ryze must fix this very fast!
2018-11-18
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Sorry for the unpleasant experience inetflash, could you please remove the prop guards and fly the drone in a bright outdoor environment with no wind. If it persists, that would be appreciated if you can provide us with a video for further analysis. Thanks a lot in advanced.
2018-11-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules