“Cinematic” Movements On Ronin
981 2 2018-8-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
johannsebastian
New
Germany

Hi there!

I have been using two one-hand-gimbals before I switched to ronin. Both of them had the disadvantage of being too weak for my setup, but while all gimbals have generally a “robotic” choppy movement characteristics, after a lot of effort, I have been able to tweak them with the SimpleBGC software to emulate a hollywood big steadycam rig feel. The biggest factor for it (besides slower speed) is the acceleration behavior. In what curve does the camera speed up and slow down. Recently I got the new Ronin-S and trying to do the same but can’t find the right settings for it. Even when the starting pan e.g. from left to right might be smooth, when I turn the gimbal back to left the ronin robotically chops up and turns back.

Did anyone achieve more fluid movements or know how to access the settings for the speed ramping?

Thanks and best regards!
2018-8-17
Use props
johannsebastian
New
Germany

After more research I know now how to express myself in DJI-Terms: I miss more smoothness in the SmoothTrack feature.
2018-8-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi johannsebastian, glad to know you have figured it out, that is right, please adjust the speed and the sensitivity in the Smooth Track, hope you have a great time with Ronin-S.
2018-8-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules