Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ronin S with Nikon D850
1190 6 2018-8-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Vampscunos
lvl.1
Italy

Hi guys, I just bought this fabulous piece of equipment, everything works fine but I have a question... in the Ronin App (Android version) under the camera control menu it only shows the message ''Nikon Camera'' and nothing else, I cannot make any change in the configuration... ISO, Aperture, shutter time.. nothing.
Thank you for your kindness and excuse me for my bad english. Eros
2018-8-18
Use props
ToscanaDrone
Captain
Flight distance : 13833304 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Tha Ronin-S connected to the Nikon D850 works like the software "Nikon Camera Control".
Once connected the D850 enters "PC" mode and it is not possible to make any changes to the settings (ISO, aperture, shooting ...) because these are things that are done through the Nikon software.

To perform these changes, would be needed a combination of keys or an extra accessory (but for now is not possible).
2018-8-19
Use props
Haidozo
Flight distance : 2651 ft
  • >>>
Japan

ToscanaDrone Posted at 2018-8-19 23:14
Tha Ronin-S connected to the Nikon D850 works like the software "Nikon Camera Control".
Once connected the D850 enters "PC" mode and it is not possible to make any changes to the settings (ISO, aperture, shooting ...) because these are things that are done through the Nikon software.

So, it is only possible to use most of the Ronin-S functionality with the D850 in all auto mode? If so this is a nightmare as to shoot video / panoramic stills etc etc you need manual control. I have the latest firmware installed for both the Ronin-s and and the D850 but sadly most the the functionality is bricked as the camera enters PC mode and is bricked ie can't adjust any settings. Am i missing something>
2018-8-21
Use props
ToscanaDrone
Captain
Flight distance : 13833304 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Haidozo Posted at 2018-8-21 16:36
So, it is only possible to use most of the Ronin-S functionality with the D850 in all auto mode? If so this is a nightmare as to shoot video / panoramic stills etc etc you need manual control. I have the latest firmware installed for both the Ronin-s and and the D850 but sadly most the the functionality is bricked as the camera enters PC mode and is bricked ie can't adjust any settings. Am i missing something>

Correct!It works only follow focus, start & stop recording, autofocus and photo shoot.
All settings must be made in advance with the camera not connected.

Today I'll try if is possible to change settings via SnapBridge.

2018-8-22
Use props
Haidozo
Flight distance : 2651 ft
  • >>>
Japan

ToscanaDrone Posted at 2018-8-22 00:05
Correct!It works only follow focus, start & stop recording, autofocus and photo shoot.
All settings must be made in advance with the camera not connected.

Thanks for that. I am unable to set the camera in advance as  the only mode that works is P and the auto video settings are plain weird. The footage not tethered is good but i have already given up and dstarted using a GH4 as the weight is so much more manageable. Maybe the Z6 will be a solution.....
2018-8-24
Use props
djiuser_Z858JECcIOf2
New

Italy

Hi,
I am going to buy the Ronin-S for my Nikon D850, but I have a doubt:.
DJI published a list of compatible lenses and I own any of them! Please give me a feedback about using unlisted lenses such as Nikkior 28mm 1.4E, 58mm 1.4G
2018-10-9
Use props
fansf30112c1
lvl.1
United States

Ronin S falls short in so many categories, you can't even control you camera settings from the handle, which means you have to touch your camera every time you want to make a change. Unbelievable.
2018-10-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules