Using rc
1457 15 2018-8-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansdb17f747
lvl.2
Mexico

If I open Dji 4 Go app I see " go fly" but then I cannot use the RC, only the app. Hi can I use the RC?
Screenshot_20180818-140426.png
2018-8-18
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

hmm what you mean?
2018-8-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi ,thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for the troubles. Kindly refer to the video below for a better understanding. We're here to help you. Thank you.

2018-8-18
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

You sure you have the RC linked? If so, can you explain what you mean by "can't use the RC"?
2018-8-18
Use props
fansdb17f747
lvl.2

Paul_IA Posted at 2018-8-18 07:33
You sure you have the RC linked? If so, can you explain what you mean by "can't use the RC"?

I am not sure at all. If I see the video above I do not see any explanation about connecting RC.
I have seen in another video that you must press 3 buttons all together in order to link the RC to the Mavic Air.
My question now is: is it possible drive the Mavic Air using the joystick of the RC and see the smartphone imagine? How?

Many thanks
2018-8-18
Use props
fansdb17f747
lvl.2

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-8-18 04:34
Hi ,thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for the troubles. Kindly refer to the video below for a better understanding. We're here to help you. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgKV3-Kn18g

The video is missing the RC connection! If I move the joystick as shown nothing happens!
How could I connect RC?
2018-8-18
Use props
fans6723924a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 65203 ft
Sweden

fansdb17f747 Posted at 2018-8-18 08:41
The video is missing the RC connection! If I move the joystick as shown nothing happens!
How could I connect RC?

The screenshot you shared shows that you indeed have a connection . If you mean that nothing happens when you move the controls on the remote, that is as intended.

You must do a "take off" sequence before the motors start spinning and you can use the controls.
Tap the "Go Fly"-button to get to the main view where you should see the camera view from your mavic air.

To the upper left corner of the screen you have a take off-button that when pressed pops up a slider that when you slide it spins up the motors and hovers the MA at approx a meters height. After that the controls are all yours.

Hope this helps.
2018-8-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fansdb17f747 Posted at 2018-8-18 08:41
How could I connect RC?

Hello there. Could you please try to link your remote controller to your aircraft? After that, you may now connect your phone to your remote controller. For reference, kindly watch the video tutorial below. Thank you.

2018-8-18
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14843274 ft

Or maybe.... read the manual???

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... 20Manual%20v1.0.pdf
2018-8-18
Use props
fansdb17f747
lvl.2

fans6723924a Posted at 2018-8-18 09:14
The screenshot you shared shows that you indeed have a connection . If you mean that nothing happens when you move the controls on the remote, that is as intended.

You must do a "take off" sequence before the motors start spinning and you can use the controls.

You wrote: "You must do a "take off" sequence before the motors start spinning and you can use the controls."

So you mean that you cannot move the joysticks down and in to start the motor? I have read that in the manual: moving down and in the joysticks will start the propellers.

Thanks, I'll try your suggestions asap.
2018-8-18
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

If you are asking whether you can use GO-4 App on SmartDevice to see Live view Video Stream and at same time control drone with Remote Control, then answer is Yes.
2018-8-18
Use props
LordoftheFlies
lvl.3

READ THE MANUAL
2018-8-18
Use props
Zam44
lvl.2
Flight distance : 60958 ft
Malaysia

Read the manuals. Or go through the tutorials on how to fly MA. That will enlighten you.
2018-8-20
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Another possibility is that you have connected your mobile device directly to the aircraft via WiFi. In that case the RC has no function. You should switch off WiFi on your mobile device and connect it via cable to the RC. Then you need to manually pair the RC with the aircraft as described in the video posted above and as explained in the manual: https://www.dji.com/mavic-air/info#downloads
2018-8-20
Use props
fansdb17f747
lvl.2

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-8-20 01:27
Another possibility is that you have connected your mobile device directly to the aircraft via WiFi. In that case the RC has no function. You should switch off WiFi on your mobile device and connect it via cable to the RC. Then you need to manually pair the RC with the aircraft as described in the video posted above and as explained in the manual: https://www.dji.com/mavic-air/info#downloads

It was exactly that problem! You spotted it! I was a bit confuse by RC and wifi connection. Now I understand that wifi is for driving the drone using only the smart phone, isn't it? Thanks.
2018-8-20
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

fansdb17f747 Posted at 2018-8-20 23:10
It was exactly that problem! You spotted it! I was a bit confuse by RC and wifi connection. Now I understand that wifi is for driving the drone using only the smart phone, isn't it? Thanks.

Glad it is solved! Yes, if you wish so, you can fly only with mobile device (but with certain limitations, RC is much better).
2018-8-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules