Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
[Mavic Pro] AC - RC does firmware have to match?
1419 6 2018-8-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bob Brown
Captain
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does the AC and RC firmware need to match versions?  01.03.0700 AC > 01.04.0200 RC
Seems to connect and take off OK but wondering what others have done. Please share your exp.

2018-8-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thanks for reaching us. It is not suggested to fly when the firmware versions are not consistent. You can check the firmware versions under release notes: (https://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads). If you encounter any difficulties in upgrading, feel free to contact us, we'll try our best to help.
2018-8-18
Use props
Paul_IA
Captain
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

As a software engineer, I would not advise running different versions of firmware. The RC may have a firmware version that relies on a certain AC firmware version (or vice versa). Someone may chime in and say it doesn't matter, but unless they are an engineer from DJI, I would use caution doing this as a standard practice.
2018-8-18
Use props
Bob Brown
Captain
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

I upgraded the RC to 01.03.0700 and it is working great. Just wanted to confirm the logical choice.  Thanks!
2018-8-18
Use props
rolling56
Captain
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Bob Brown Posted at 2018-8-18 13:15
I upgraded the RC to 01.03.0700 and it is working great. Just wanted to confirm the logical choice. Thanks!

It's a pain but hook up both your RC and AC when using NLD and flashing the RC. It will give you the run around about needing to plug in the AC to get the info but if both are plugged in you can turn on and switch fast and get it done. With NLD you don't need to change the Firmware but only the AC is all. Does that help? You only need to flash the AC in other words with NLD.
2018-8-18
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

I have flown with mis-matched firmware for purpose of trying to isolate which side was 'sensitive' to FW.
2018-8-18
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

Paul_IA Posted at 2018-8-18 07:26
As a software engineer, I would not advise running different versions of firmware. The RC may have a firmware version that relies on a certain AC firmware version (or vice versa). Someone may chime in and say it doesn't matter, but unless they are an engineer from DJI, I would use caution doing this as a standard practice.

Agree, not a good idea for standard practice.  
If you are having problems, getting no where (even with DJI's input), and you are willing to take risk, then mis-match away.
2018-8-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules