What else can i do with my MA and Spark?
428 19 2018-8-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nixuspix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

Hello to the community!
So i have managed to fly about 200km and now more and more often am catching myself on the thought, that i do not know exactly what to do else with my birds.
So far i have tried:
1. Flying in VLOS, making circles and other figures
2. Close the eyes sometimes on breach of the rules and try flying on long distances, using the map
3. Flying over lakes and rivers and sometimes the sea

Sure that i have made some videos during these flights some are better, than others, learned to edit them and so on...
Not thinking at all about flying during night time or with bad flying weather conditions.
So the country, when i am living ( Latvia, EU) is nice and small country, practically flat ( the highest mountain is about 140m) with many forests, fields, lakes and rivers and from the bird's view earlier or later everything start to look the same and flying is getting to become just a boring routine task

Of course i like to travel and am trying to take one of my birds with me, but these endless restrictions and laws in every country, plus the problems ( not always) wth air companies, customs services and so on, makes all these projects less and less attractive

So i feel, that i really need Your advice how to plan and perform my future life with drones, without trying to move them to the loft

Thank You in advance
2018-8-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi ,thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do appreciate bringing this query to us. For better understanding about your Mavic Air and Spark. We have YouTube tutorials about the do's and dont's regarding your aircraft. We're here to help you with this. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL65kukZorPdMj0Uh22SeX-_Jyb_dMJEss
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL65kukZorPdOQ5-qfaYcYPXtkrOCptjwb
2018-8-18
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
  • >>>
Latvia

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-8-18 06:36
Hi ,thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do appreciate bringing this query to us. For better understanding about your Mavic Air and Spark. We have YouTube tutorials about the do's and dont's regarding your aircraft. We're here to help you with this. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL65kukZorPdMj0Uh22SeX-_Jyb_dMJEss

Thank You DJI Gamora
2018-8-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, sure no worries. Should you have more concerns don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you.
2018-8-18
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

Travel. Visit interesting spots. Take video. Rinse, repeat.
2018-8-18
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
  • >>>
Latvia

Thank You Paul_IA
2018-8-18
Use props
Kingram
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84085 ft
United States

Get your 107 license ?
2018-8-18
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
  • >>>
Latvia

Kingram Posted at 2018-8-18 08:46
Get your 107 license ?

Thank You, i am afraid i am too old for that
2018-8-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

nixuspix Posted at 2018-8-18 09:21

Your never to old to get license, it’s not very difficult, but a nice challenge.
Don’t know whether your interested in ground video but Osmo or Osmo mobile make great videos which when put together with your aerial videos, give you two very nice perspectives , and great challenge in editing.

Planning trips using litchi from home is also great past time.
2018-8-18
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
  • >>>
Latvia

Thank You Captain Hallmark! Did like about litchi
2018-8-18
Use props
Kingram
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84085 ft
United States

nixuspix Posted at 2018-8-18 09:21

How old would that be ?
2018-8-18
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

If you wanting some excitement with your birds, put some tinfoil over area where GPS antennas are.
Need more of an Adrenalin rush, tape a small cylinder magnet on birds to where North is always birds nose.

2018-8-18
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
  • >>>
Latvia

Kingram Posted at 2018-8-18 10:39
How old would that be ?

72! this age is not for licensing anymore i guess
2018-8-18
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
  • >>>
Latvia

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-8-18 11:04
If you wanting some excitement with your birds, put some tinfoil over area where GPS antennas are.
Need more of an Adrenalin rush, tape a small cylinder magnet on birds to where North is always birds nose.

Good suggestion, i like this
2018-8-18
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

nixuspix Posted at 2018-8-18 11:12
Good suggestion, i like this

If you want something completely different and possibly a ''feel good''.

You could offer family, friends, neighbors free aerial photo & videos.  

Along with doing free inspections that require an overhead view.  For example: While back, checked out a TV antenna on a tall tower.  Confirming that storm had damaged antenna, and it needed replacing.

Out of that, you may come up with some inspiring (art type) photos or an idea for such.

Happy droning!
2018-8-18
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
  • >>>
Latvia

Thank You Captain HedgeTrimmer!
Not bad at all.
2018-8-18
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

I would suggest to just try watch all of your surroundings through your drones cameras. There are so many things around that you can capture. They don't need to be spectacular by themselves, but your drones allow you to give a spectacular view on them. There are no limits for your creativity, just play around and you might be astonished about the outcomes.
2018-8-18
Use props
LordoftheFlies
lvl.3

Of course drones shot are boring. Imagine watch a feature length film of arial footage. It will put you to sleep. You try telling stories with the equipment you have. Get in touch with your news station, and fly over some sites, I am sure they will be ecstatic because you're doing it on the house without the PART 107.

2018-8-18
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
  • >>>
Latvia

LordoftheFlies Posted at 2018-8-18 22:34
Of course drones shot are boring. Imagine watch a feature length film of arial footage. It will put you to sleep. You try telling stories with the equipment you have. Get in touch with your news station, and fly over some sites, I am sure they will be ecstatic because you're doing it on the house without the PART 107.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DV3aHWCB7e4

Nice idea. Thank You
2018-8-18
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
  • >>>
Latvia

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-8-18 13:00
I would suggest to just try watch all of your surroundings through your drones cameras. There are so many things around that you can capture. They don't need to be spectacular by themselves, but your drones allow you to give a spectacular view on them. There are no limits for your creativity, just play around and you might be astonished about the outcomes.

Thank You Captain Wachtberger!
2018-8-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules