Is this a memory card or what?
1204 11 2018-8-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
andy10
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4585692 ft
  • >>>

On my last trip I used P4P twice on a different locations. Everything went smooth as usual and that concerns flying and filming.
But next day, when I came home more than a half of the filmed material is missing on the card. Not everything but seems that recording stops after few seconds. Only one or two files were longer than, lets say, 2 min. all other are somewhere around 300K or less. Usually my recorded files are around 2 to 4 Gb.
But on the RC everything is there (at lower res of course). What could be the problem? Pretty curious I think.

Today I was checking the system (without the props attached) and always after 2-3 min it stops recording (visual and sound indicator that video has stopped recording). If I then push the button again, it continues but after a while it stops again!? I tried with another SD card with the same result.
But if it stopped recording by itself why are files on RC? So it was recording all but not on the SD card??
Imagine if I go to Iceland for instance and get the same result when I come home! Disaster!
2018-8-18
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

What card are you using?
2018-8-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're very sorry for the inconvenience that you have faced. Regarding your concern may I clarify if you have the RC with the built in Device since you're mentioning that all the videos goes to the Remote and also what Type of SD card are you using? Class 10 or higher would be recommended to use, will wait for the further information and much appreciated thanks!
2018-8-18
Use props
andy10
lvl.4
  • >>>

It is the Sonny 64 Mb 100Mbs. This card works well before that more than 3 months.
2018-8-18
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

Presumably, the camera stops due to buffer overflow, ie. Data cannot be writing fast enough. However, that should give an error message in DJIGO4  But sorry, DJI software can not be 100% trusted. Try and format your SD card in your P4P and see if it does help. Alternatively you can also try to format the card on a windows computer.

Regards Leif.
2018-8-18
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The obvious first thing to do is to work out whether the problem is the SD card or something else.
Try another card and see if you get the same issues.
Do you still have the card that came with the Phantom?
How does that perform?
2018-8-18
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

andy10 Posted at 2018-8-18 14:14
It is the Sonny 64 Mb 100Mbs. This card works well before that more than 3 months.

64 Mb card?
Im presuming you mean a 64 Gb card.
The reason you are getting the videos on the rc is because you have cache to device turned on.
This will copy a low quality version of the video and photos to your device not really suitable for post production work.Have you tried using a sandisk extreme sd card?
You shouldnt have an issue with the samsung card but have you tried puting the card into a computer and scanning for errors?

2018-8-18
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Lots of people have complained about similar issues over the years, but for whatever reason, when they pony up the cash money and buy the Sandisk extreme pro 64 GB SD card, their troubles melt away.  That includes me.  Yeah it's kinda pricey at almost $50, but it's worth it in trouble free performance.  

Good luck
2018-8-18
Use props
Dave in WI
Second Officer
Flight distance : 407415 ft
United States

I concur with Mark's last statement.  Was having your same issue.  Switched to a Sandisk Extreme Pro 64gb, and my problems haven't occurred since.
2018-8-19
Use props
P4P+_Brazil
lvl.4
Brazil

I am using Sandisk Extreme 64Gb too, indeed an excellent microSD card.
2018-8-19
Use props
andy10
lvl.4
  • >>>
Slovenia

OK, thanks.
Hellsgate of course it is 64 Gb card. I mentioned cache files on RC only to confirm that the files were recorded so I didn't forget to push the button.
Markthedroner and Dave  you say just what I wanted to hear, that very likely the problem is the card. It worked just fine for a months or so but yes, it happened once or twice last month, that a part of a file was missing.
The sony 64 Gb card is by characteristics fast enough too and it works fine on my MavicAir which is supposed to transmit the video signal even faster than the Phantom.
I will try now with a brand new SanDisk extreme card and let you know about it.  Thanks!
Best regards Andy   
2018-8-19
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Yes, Sandisk won’t Let you Down, when you are Up.... haha

97BBCC4A-E0E8-498F-9A5E-209BE76A9D5C.jpeg

RedHotPoker
2018-8-19
Use props