Info for All the FAA 107 pilots Recurrent exams
1220 22 2018-8-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

I am not advertising for this company nor am i getting paid by this company............No need for IACRA it seems
2018-8-18
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Very interesting, although it does not affect me. Thank you for sharing!
2018-8-18
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-8-18 12:31
Very interesting, although it does not affect me. Thank you for sharing!

I think they should have dropped the price down to at least $100 from $150 but the US Gov are money hungry it seems. Have a good one Andreas!
2018-8-18
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

rolling56 Posted at 2018-8-18 12:36
I think they should have dropped the price down to at least $100 from $150 but the US Gov are money hungry it seems. Have a good one Andreas!

You too Bob, wish you a nice weekend!
2018-8-18
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

I've looked at the 107 certification and just wondered how hard was it for you to complete this? I read some of the sample questions and went "OMG". Is it as hard to pass as it appears or not so much if you find the right study guides. I have a HAM license and went through the same thing and it turned out to be pretty easy come test day.
2018-8-18
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
United States

Paul_IA Posted at 2018-8-18 12:51
I've looked at the 107 certification and just wondered how hard was it for you to complete this? I read some of the sample questions and went "OMG".  Is it as hard to pass as it appears or not so much if you find the right study guides. I have a HAM license and went through the same thing and it turned out to be pretty easy come test day.

To me getting my HAM ticket was easier than my 107 cert. I got a 98 on my Tech and a 94 on my General. I got an 88 on my FAA 107. I think mainly because i had a lot of electronics and transmitter/antenna background from my old 1960's CB days so the FCC tests were easier.

If you decide to take it i would study a lot because the $150 is pass or fail lol I might take my Extra Class HAM test in November but i haven't studied for it yet. HAM fest near me and thought i might test for it just for the heck of it and it's only $15 lol
I love flying my Mavic Pros and talking on HF
2018-8-18
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
United States

rolling56 Posted at 2018-8-18 13:01
To me getting my HAM ticket was easier than my 107 cert. I got a 98 on my Tech and a 94 on my General. I got an 88 on my FAA 107. I think mainly because i had a lot of electronics and transmitter/antenna background from my old 1960's CB days so the FCC tests were easier.

If you decide to take it i would study a lot because the $150 is pass or fail lol I might take my Extra Class HAM test in November but i haven't studied for it yet. HAM fest near me and thought i might test for it just for the heck of it and it's only $15 lol

Good info. Mirrors what I've heard others say as well (test being a bear to pass). Thanks for the input.
2018-8-18
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Paul_IA Posted at 2018-8-18 12:51
I've looked at the 107 certification and just wondered how hard was it for you to complete this? I read some of the sample questions and went "OMG".  Is it as hard to pass as it appears or not so much if you find the right study guides. I have a HAM license and went through the same thing and it turned out to be pretty easy come test day.

Out of curiosity, where did you find some Sample Questions?
2018-8-18
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
United States

Paul_IA Posted at 2018-8-18 13:19
Good info. Mirrors what I've heard others say as well (test being a bear to pass). Thanks for the input.

It's not impossible by any means. Just like any other exam, they try to make it hard i guess. Last i read there are over 100,000 certs sent out now in close to 2 years. The ones that took exams back in Aug 2016 will be taking their recurrent tests soon. That is why i posted this.

I always wondered why there was no expiration date on my certificate. Know i see by the video why no more IACRA etc.
2018-8-18
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

rolling56 Posted at 2018-8-18 13:01
To me getting my HAM ticket was easier than my 107 cert. I got a 98 on my Tech and a 94 on my General. I got an 88 on my FAA 107. I think mainly because i had a lot of electronics and transmitter/antenna background from my old 1960's CB days so the FCC tests were easier.

If you decide to take it i would study a lot because the $150 is pass or fail lol I might take my Extra Class HAM test in November but i haven't studied for it yet. HAM fest near me and thought i might test for it just for the heck of it and it's only $15 lol

If you decide to take it i would study a lot because the $150 is pass or fail lol
Better than taking open water scuba test.  More expensive, and if you fail that, well it's lights out.  

2018-8-18
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-8-18 13:39
If you decide to take it i would study a lot because the $150 is pass or fail lol
Better than taking open water scuba test.  More expensive, and if you fail that, well it's lights out.

ya i bet so lol Always wanted to try the scuba thing out. Never had the time away from the house. This drone thing is both a hobby and a side line money maker.
Edit:
I've been a swimmer for years now and happened to think i received my Boy Scout Swimming merit badge so it has been on my list for a long time

I would have been handy if i had been in Branson,MO when the Duck boat went down last month. Terrible tragedy it was. Happened just south of me.
2018-8-18
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

I have remote pilot 101 and this class just loaded two days ago and because I purchased the first class this one is free .
Even though I just pass mine a few months back I have already started studying
2018-8-18
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
United States

Woe Posted at 2018-8-18 15:54
I have remote pilot 101 and this class just loaded two days ago and because I purchased the first class this one is free .
Even though I just pass mine a few months back I have already started studying

kewls you should be good to go

I just used my own study material before so i think i can handle it. I've been keeping up with the FAA site plus the study materials there and the summer webinars i've been attending live have helped too. I've even been doing the extra credit for manned AC so it has been a fun summer
2018-8-18
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>

rolling56 Posted at 2018-8-18 16:31
kewls you should be good to go

I just used my own study material before so i think i can handle it. I've been keeping up with the FAA site plus the study materials there and the summer webinars i've been attending live have helped too. I've even been doing the extra credit for manned AC so it has been a fun summer

I stay up on that site as well. I get the email notification, I usually attend if I'm not working.
I got a few wings credits.
2018-8-18
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
United States

Woe Posted at 2018-8-18 17:05
I stay up on that site as well. I get the email notification, I usually attend if I'm not working.
I got a few wings credits.

ah k so you know exactly what i am talking about
They've also had these this summer too but i imagine you know about these also https://www.faa.gov/uas/resources/webinar/

2018-8-18
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-8-18 13:33
Out of curiosity, where did you find some Sample Questions?

There's a few sites out there with sample questions that I looked at last year. I bookmarked this one for some reason but can't remember why. Google seems to have a plutora of sample questions though.

Assuming they are like the ones on the real test but would be interested in getting some feedback from someone who has actually taken the test.
2018-8-18
Use props
Optimus_Prime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

Just stupid question, can anyone outside of America join exam and get certificate? Does any country accept this certificate out side US? Thank you very much.
2018-8-18
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>

rolling56 Posted at 2018-8-18 17:10
ah k so you know exactly what i am talking about  
They've also had these this summer too but i imagine you know about these also https://www.faa.gov/uas/resources/webinar/

Yeah, I missed a few of these. Funny I was searching this yesterday after the email of expiring credits. Thanks for this list it makes it easy to find the ones I missed.
2018-8-18
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>

Paul_IA Posted at 2018-8-18 18:23
There's a few sites out there with sample questions that I looked at last year. I bookmarked this one for some reason but can't remember why. Google seems to have a plutora of sample questions though.

Assuming they are like the ones on the real test but would be interested in getting some feedback from someone who has actually taken the test.

Faasafety.gov is a great place for study material. The 107 portal is awesome. You will have to create an account but well worth it.
Btw be sure to search the links they provide.
2018-8-18
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>

Optimus_Prime Posted at 2018-8-18 18:45
Just stupid question, can anyone outside of America join exam and get certificate? Does any country accept this certificate out side US? Thank you very much.

I believe you have to be in the US. (not 100% sure). But the certificate should be equivalent to other country's certification.
2018-8-18
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>

Paul_IA Posted at 2018-8-18 18:23
There's a few sites out there with sample questions that I looked at last year. I bookmarked this one for some reason but can't remember why. Google seems to have a plutora of sample questions though.

Assuming they are like the ones on the real test but would be interested in getting some feedback from someone who has actually taken the test.

This is a good one but lacks a lot in my opinion.
2018-8-18
Use props
LordoftheFlies
lvl.3

I still got time
2018-8-18
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
United States

There's hope for you yet.