Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
My first video & question on 360º video rotation
435 7 2018-8-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ElevatedDroning
lvl.1
United States

Hello all,

I got my first drone (Spark) yesterday for my birthday and took my first set of videos yesterday and today, the results are at the bottom of this post - lots to learn for sure, but I'm happy with the results for a newbie . I've picked a name and made a quick logo so I can brand my videos, maybe in a few months, I can build up some subscribers to my channel.

I do have a question though, which after searching the forum seems to be "use POI" as the answer but I'm not quite sure how to do that yet.  Is there a relatively simple way to rotate the drone 360º? When I use the joystick controllers on the remote the image seems to be 'stuttered' or I simply move it too quick and the video comes out quite nauseating!

Look forward to answers on the 360º question and any comments you have on my first video!

2018-8-18
Use props
Warriewoodlad
First Officer
Flight distance : 625230 ft
Australia

Have your tried the tripod mode - that slows most movements considerably. Nice video by the way.
2018-8-18
Use props
Rustic17
Captain
Flight distance : 2716936 ft
United States

Yawing to pan the camera is tricky at best. In time with practice you will learn how to make very small yaw inputs to yaw/pan slowly, but it's really hard to pan at a constant, slow speed to avoid the jerkiness inherent in faster panning.  You can also use Tripod Mode which slows movement down...many use this technique to get smoother panning.
2018-8-18
Use props
ElevatedDroning
lvl.1
United States

Warriewoodlad Posted at 2018-8-18 21:33
Have your tried the tripod mode - that slows most movements considerably. Nice video by the way.

Ah, I have not, just Googled it though and it looks like it may do the trick!  I will try it tomorrow when I head out with the Spark again.

Thanks for the tip and thanks for the positive comment on the video!
2018-8-18
Use props
ElevatedDroning
lvl.1
United States

Rustic17 Posted at 2018-8-18 21:36
Yawing to pan the camera is tricky at best. In time with practice you will learn how to make very small yaw inputs to yaw/pan slowly, but it's really hard to pan at a constant, slow speed to avoid the jerkiness inherent in faster panning.  You can also use Tripod Mode which slows movement down...many use this technique to get smoother panning.

Thanks I am going to try Tripod mode tomorrow.
2018-8-18
Use props
Greg F
Captain
Flight distance : 944308 ft
Australia

Nice Video....   The Spark's weakness is panning (Turning left or Right).  Video tends to be very jerky.   Not a good look as you want everything smooth.   On the other hand flying upwards/Downwards or towards/away from an object is far better way to shoot video.    Having said all that you can still turn but has to be slow and steady.     Also use Tripod mode as a few have mentioned
2018-8-18
Use props
Rustic17
Captain
Flight distance : 2716936 ft
United States

On other technique when panning is to move the gimbal downward.  I have found panning is much smoother even with just a little down gimbal.
2018-8-19
Use props
CharlieZ
Captain
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

Thanks for sharing!
2019-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules