terrible customer service
900 11 2018-8-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Richardwalker
lvl.1

Would love to talk about my Spark but....

The story so far.
Bought a spark in the Hong kong flagship store for the holiday of a lifetime on Bali.
On holiday the Spark developed problems light at the front and various errors. Contacted via chat DJI. Tried various suggestions. Was then told to send it back to the where I bought it.
This i did. I sent it back to the flagship store in Hong Kong and paid 67 Dollars for doing this. Waited 2 weeks. Contacted "service" department, told to ring Hong Kong. ( I am now back home in Germany) Responsibility pushed from one to another. Checked with Singapore post (sent it on the way home) to find out that the Hong Kong store had refused delivery.

this means.... (I hope) that the defective drone will be sent back to me in Germany, at my expense.

Summary.
Bought drone for the holiday of a lifetime and it didnt work
Paid extra to do what I was told
Will (hopefully) recieve the defective drone at home.
Can start all over again...

Service ? Quality ?
Come on DJI get your act together.
2018-8-18
Use props
Richardwalker
lvl.1

Feel free to post this on social media. I will let everyone know once I have satisfaction. This is the only way to get DJI to do something.
2018-8-18
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

I understand your frustrations, but i would not spoil my holiday time, being in Bali and better do it from home, after holidays.
Also it is known that DJI prefer to provide regional warranty - if you live in Europe, buy the drone from authorised DJI partner in Europe.
When i was in Thailand earlier this year and visited DJI Authorised Store, local guy there was trying to give me a very good price, telling, that DJI provides worldwide warranty.
I refused and was lucky with such decision later
2018-8-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Richard, we're sorry to read your post. Could you tell us your case number and tracking number? We'll check with the team and try our best to help you.
2018-8-18
Use props
Richardwalker
lvl.1

I think you misunderstand. I already bought the spark The holiday was great. my problem remains. I dont even have a defective drone at the moment and DJI service are pushing the responsibility back and forth.

2018-8-18
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Richardwalker Posted at 2018-8-18 23:17
I think you misunderstand. I already bought the spark The holiday was great. my problem remains. I dont even have a defective drone at the moment and DJI service are pushing the responsibility back and forth.

We are so sorry about the unpleasant experience you had, Richardwalker. Rest assured that this kind feedback from our valuable customer will keep us learning to provide more professional service and avoid this inconvenience in the future. Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at any time, we're glad to help.
2018-8-19
Use props
Richardwalker
lvl.1

Hello DJI Diana Sounds good the idea about "learning" what exactly are you going to do so that you can "learn" and that I get my Spark back.?..and naturally get it repaired.

Hopefully it will be returned to me. I assume I am going to have to pay for it to be returned and possibly pay tax. Assuming this does happen i will have paid a considerable amount of money to get back a defective drone. As a reminder. I did what the guy on your chat said- sent it back to Hong Kong who refused delivery.
Please organise an official complaint proceedure. To all other reading this . Feel free to post on social media. Maybe this may speed up the "learning" process.
2018-8-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Richardwalker Posted at 2018-8-19 07:40
Hello DJI Diana Sounds good the idea about "learning" what exactly are you going to do so that you can "learn" and that I get my Spark back.?..and naturally get it repaired.

Hopefully it will be returned to me. I assume I am going to have to pay for it to be returned and possibly pay tax. Assuming this does happen i will have paid a considerable amount of money to get back a defective drone. As a reminder. I did what the guy on your chat said- sent it back to Hong Kong who refused delivery.

Hi Richard, we understand your concern and sorry again for the trouble caused, we would like to escalate the case as long as you provide us more info like the case number, the tracking number, your personal info, your email account that you used to contact our support and so on? Please PM me if it is not convenient to post in the thread, thank you in advance.
2018-8-19
Use props
Richardwalker
lvl.1

Good morning. I sent all the details that I have to dji "susan" at djifansforumadmin@dji.com

The delivery not accepted is included above

you should have my email address in the information that i forwarded.

The summary.
I spoke to your chat line.  I dont know if there is a case number for this.
He told me to send it back to the store where I bought it.
This is what I did. DJI hong kong flag store.
They turned it away.
I contacted DJI. They said "we are europe not our problem talk to the hong kong store. Here is the number"
I did this. They said "we will call back"
They didnt.
Emails to the email address return.

Result.
Three weeks have passed
No one at DJI seems responsible.
I have paid expensive shipping to Hong Kong.
I dont have a spark- and if I did it would be defective.
I can hope that it is returned to me in Germany
If it does come back I will have to pay the shipping and possibly tax
The use for which I bought the spark- holiday in Bali - has now passed.
DJI keeps asking me for a case number. I dont have one. I did what DJI told me to do.
2018-8-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Richardwalker Posted at 2018-8-19 21:12
Good morning. I sent all the details that I have to dji "susan" at
[view_image]

Hi Richardwalker, thanks for the details, we care much about your feedback and the related team will investigate the whole process, may I have the email account which you used to contact our online chat? Thank you.
2018-8-20
Use props
Richardwalker
lvl.1
Germany

My terrible service experience continues.... Finally got the spark back and it worked- for a while. Then the GPS stopped working- I then sent everything back , the remote -everything. Shortly afterwards I got a brand new Spark, great, I thought..... but.... the remote control they sent back didnt work anymore.(I even wrote to DJI asking if it is the same one I sent back). I reported this on the same day that I got it. Okay. Sent the remote control back to be told "it is water damaged" it will cost euro 140 to repair ! What !. This is impossible, it worked fine when I sent the Spark back the first time !. Now I am in a death loop with various DJI "service" people.. and now answer. Going on holiday shortly and... it looks like without the remote. People. Dont buy DJI products
2019-7-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Richardwalker Posted at 7-2 08:43
My terrible service experience continues.... Finally got the spark back and it worked- for a while. Then the GPS stopped working- I then sent everything back , the remote -everything. Shortly afterwards I got a brand new Spark, great, I thought..... but.... the remote control they sent back didnt work anymore.(I even wrote to DJI asking if it is the same one I sent back). I reported this on the same day that I got it. Okay. Sent the remote control back to be told "it is water damaged" it will cost euro 140 to repair ! What !. This is impossible, it worked fine when I sent the Spark back the first time !. Now I am in a death loop with various DJI "service" people.. and now answer. Going on holiday shortly and... it looks like without the remote. People. Dont buy DJI products

Hi Richardwalker, I have replied your post here: https://forum.dji.com/thread-192855-1-1.html
Please keep us updated in your own thread, we will keep following up, thank you.
2019-7-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules