Third party app on phantom 4 pro+
6530 13 2018-8-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sophie111
lvl.1

I desperatly need to put a third party app (drone deploy) onto my phantom 4 pro plus help!
2018-8-18
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Sophie,

Not looking good.  But you can buy a P4 Pro remote controller that will work with your P4 Pro Phantom for $319.  In this case, you will have to provide a iOS or Android tablet to run the DJI GO 4 app and the Drone Deploy program and fly the Phantom.  On the up side, it will add long term flexibility to your flight system.

https://store.dji.com/product/phantom-4-pro-remote-controller

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-8-18
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. However, we do not highly recommend to use third-party apps for Phantom.
2018-8-19
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-19 06:49
Hello there. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. However, we do not highly recommend to use third-party apps for Phantom.

Why is it that the current DJI moderators give such poor advice?
Do any of them know anything about flying DJI drones?

DJI makes the SDK available and encourages the development of 3rd party apps to make the Phantom even more useful for a range of commercial applications.
2018-8-19
Use props
Alvaro L
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8832 ft
Spain

Welcome to the fantastic world of P4P+ /P4A+ disappointed customers !!!

BTW, It is possible to install 3rd app on the + controller but you won't find the answer in this forum. Long on going threads on other forums talk about this issue and some enthusiast nice people offer some solutions about it, while DJI mods sit idle repeating the same old standard copy/paste answers about it (not possible, not approved, not supported, not nothing !!!).
2018-8-19
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Alvaro L Posted at 2018-8-19 12:02
Welcome to the fantastic world of P4P+ disappointed customers !!!

BTW, It is possible to install 3rd app on the + controller but you won't find the answer in this forum. Long on going threads on other forums talk about this issue and offer some solutions, while DJI mods sit idle repeating the same old standard copy/paste answers about it (not possible, not approved, not supported, not nothing !!!).

BTW, It is possible to install 3rd app on the + controller
Some apps ... But it's not possible to run mapping apps such as the OP is asking about.
2018-8-19
Use props
Alvaro L
lvl.3
Spain

Yes it is possible, you can find a thread in another forum which talks about how to do it. But the real solution here would be that DJI Listened to Their P4P+/P4A+ Customers.

2018-8-19
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Alvaro L Posted at 2018-8-19 12:30
Yes it is possible, you can find a thread in another forum which talks about how to do it. But the real solution here would be that DJI Listened to Their P4P+/P4A+ Customers.

[view_image]

Pix4D and Litchi aren't DroneDeploy
2018-8-19
Use props
Alvaro L
lvl.3
Spain

Ok I just wanted to clarify that it is possible to run mapping apps on the plus controller, at least some of them. But again this is not the best outcome.
2018-8-19
Use props
sol.alowooja
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Alvaro L Posted at 2018-8-19 12:30

[view_image]

I also came across the above video on youtube, but it never mentioned any prerequisites to follow before installing the 3rd party Litchi Mapping app.

I use the Gimbal as opposed to and android / IOs, and its sort of challenging trying to get basic application installed.

are there any prerequisites to installing these 3rd party applications.
2019-5-3
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

sol.alowooja Posted at 5-3 12:41
I also came across the above video on youtube, but it never mentioned any prerequisites to follow before installing the 3rd party Litchi Mapping app.

I use the Gimbal as opposed to and android / IOs, and its sort of challenging trying to get basic application installed.

Litchi is not a mapping app.
2019-5-3
Use props
Alvaro L
lvl.3
Spain

sol.alowooja Posted at 5-3 12:41
I also came across the above video on youtube, but it never mentioned any prerequisites to follow before installing the 3rd party Litchi Mapping app.

yes, you have to install Amazon store on the screen and then install Litchi from Amazon store. Inter plug you back usb and micro usb connector and turn on the RC, there is a youtube video about it if you look for it.
2019-5-5
Use props
Alvaro L
lvl.3
Spain

Labroides Posted at 5-3 18:09
Litchi is not a mapping app.

And I say you don't have any frigging idea about mapping with a P4P, either plus or not plus, litchi or whatever. I can show you mapping works made with the P4A+ and litchi here:
https://sketchfab.com/AlvaroL

Please show me yours whichever way you made them.

2019-5-5
Use props
djiuser_O83iRmURQVNv
New

Sweden

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-19 06:49

but you do not support flight planning in your app so what are customers supposed to do?
Buy Yuneec or another aircraft I guess.
2021-7-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules