Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Another Filter Thread...
520 3 2018-8-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
strongarm181
lvl.3
Flight distance : 229885 ft
United States

Hi Friends,

After browsing the threads on filters, wanted to consolidate the avid users opinions (if possible) on this one as I'm having issues with the wonderful Florida Sun on the Gulf Coast.

Location-United States-Florida.
Aircraft-Phantom 4 Pro

I see three filters on DJI's store and it's pretty simple with their images on the ND4, 8 & 16 & the UV Filter...but do I need all 4?
I see a lot of love/hate of polarizers/circular polarizers...what is the deal with them?
What about the issues with non DJI filters (weight) and warranty claims, etc.?

I want to go by the book.
Sorry for the novice questions and thank you in advance
2018-8-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching us here again in DJI Forum. We do appreciate bringing this query to us. Neutral Density (ND) filters help control image exposure by reducing the light that enters the camera so that you can have more control of your depth of field and shutter speed. Polarizers or polarizing filters work in a similar way, but the difference is that they selectively let light waves of a certain polarization pass through. This effect helps create more vivid colors in an image, as well as manage glare and reflections from water surfaces. Both are regarded as some of the best filters for landscape and travel photography as they reduce the dynamic range in high-contrast images, thus enabling photographers to capture more realistic and dramatic sceneries. So its really depends on which style of photography or videography you are shooting. Should you have some concerns don't hesitate to reach us. We're here to help you. Thank you.
2018-8-19
Use props
Hellsgate
Captain
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

I sometimes use a combination of both polarizing and an nd filter at the same time.
Depending on the type of shot im trying to capture.
In these cases for the pol filter i use an adjustable one that can be rotated and the nd filters i use a thin film filter that sits between the pol and camera lens.
2018-8-19
Use props
strongarm181
lvl.3
Flight distance : 229885 ft
United States

Hellsgate Posted at 2018-8-19 04:29
I sometimes use a combination of both polarizing and an nd filter at the same time.
Depending on the type of shot im trying to capture.
In these cases for the pol filter i use an adjustable one that can be rotated and the nd filters i use a thin film filter that sits between the pol and camera lens.

Thank you!
2018-8-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules