DJI Geo Zones self unlocking is broken remove it until it is fixed
1952 5 2018-8-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Joe Dawson
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1790384 ft
Canada

Currently you should be able to go into the DJI Go 4 App or on-line and unlock a yellow zone if you have approval to fly in that area.  However when you use both approval methods by providing a Credit Card or your Cell Phone number the system gives you an error and will not work.  It has been broken like this for more then a month now.  The current work around is to e-mail flysafe@dji.com with your controler number and the corridnates you want unlocked.  

I had to do that yesterday just so I can fly an an old airport that has been closed for over 30 years.  This is a location that is used mainly now by model airplane folks and has approval from everyone.   I wasn't aware the DJI software was broken and wasted the day due to this bug and lost hours of good flying.  I can only imagine how bad this is for comercial opperators.  

DJI you know it is broken... You don't really have a fix other then sending you an e-mail and you have no good clear method even for sending that e-mail.  

PLEASE DISABLE yellow zone unlocking until you have it fixed.  It has been over a month now so if you can't fix it obviously you have a major bug so disable it until you can figure it out.

2018-8-19
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi. We apologize for the inconvenience. Did you try to resend an email to flysafe@dji.com?
2018-8-19
Use props
Joe Dawson
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1790384 ft
Canada

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-19 08:57
Hi. We apologize for the inconvenience. Did you try to resend an email to ?

Yes I have a support ticket open (#1302487).  It is a known bug and everyone has to follow the red zone custom unlock process now to unlock yellow zones because yellow unlocks have been broken for quite a while.
2018-8-19
Use props
fansf498b5b6
lvl.1

United States

Self-unlock site seems to be down.
2019-3-29
Use props
djiuser_5a08A4OlUff8
New
United States

Unlock is on controller, will not update on Mavic Air. Will not fly.
2019-3-30
Use props
fans8c9bfbad
New
Guam

I have the same issue. I have the mavic air and I tried the desktop website, sending a token to my phone via DJI go 4 app and using a credit card via the app nothing worked. I’m only trying to fly in an authorization zone (blue zone). All my friends with the mavic air are flying in the same zone no problem and I think it’s because they haven’t updated their firmware.
2019-4-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules