Battery cell error
811 4 2018-8-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jean-Sébastien Faubert
New
Canada

Had my drone for one full year without opening the box. Open the box yesterday and start the whole process to make the drone fly. Whenever I was ready to fly, first message that pops up is « battery cell error ». And nothing wont happen. Wont let me start thw drone. Never saw my propellers turn once since I have that phantom 3 std.
Need help.. ps; this was a gift we cant find original receipt.
238386EF-86E3-47E6-BBEB-7CFA7B32BFCD.png
B8F90AF7-8F40-42F3-966F-CB1197F71070.jpeg
2018-8-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for the troubles you had.I f an Intelligent Battery has been stored for an extended period, but it has not been charged and discharged, its protection board cannot balance the battery’s cells sufficiently to avoid a significant voltage difference. When the voltage difference exceeds the safe threshold, the battery’s cells will become damaged.

To avoid this, we recommend that you discharge the battery to 40% to 65% of its total power and store it in a cool, dry space (at an ambient temperature of 22°C to 28°C) when it is going to be idle for more than 10 days. Check the battery’s power every three months and fully charge and discharge it at least once. Please perform routine maintenance to keep your battery healthy. Hope this helps. Thank you
2018-8-19
Use props
Jean-Sébastien Faubert
New
Canada

I would need to order a new battery then?
Kind of stupid knowing that the drones sitting on th shelfs at the store are no lt getting charged and discharged if that is an actual problem. That said, batteries are getting auto damaged while sitting at the stores..
2018-8-19
Use props
strongarm181
lvl.2
Flight distance : 229885 ft
United States

Jean-Sébastien Faubert Posted at 2018-8-19 06:06
I would need to order a new battery then?
Kind of stupid knowing that the drones sitting on th shelfs at the store are no lt getting charged and discharged if that is an actual problem. That said, batteries are getting auto damaged while sitting at the stores..

The Phantom batteries are not your normal batteries and require very specific care. Sounds like an unfortunate case of not knowing...if you had just purchased the AC and there was an issue then the return would be 100%.

Has the AC been activated? Have you contacted DJI support?
Definitely an interesting case if it was stored unopened for so long.
https://www.dji.com/support/product/phantom-3-standard

May need to purchase a new battery...
https://store.dji.com/product/ph ... gent-flight-battery

Let us know the outcome if you'd be so kind!
2018-8-19
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft

Do you have a shot of the battery menu of the Go app where the Voltage of each cell are visible?
2018-8-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules