9791 50 2015-5-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Blade Strike has posted an installation guide on his blog.  This is an option to having an Inspire Tx.  Here is the link.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2422113

If you have any questions, please let us know and we will answer them.

Right now we do not know when they will be available and how much they will cost.  We will post that information when it is available.
2015-5-26
Use props
scott7161
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Thank you!

Scott
2015-5-26
Use props
lebed73
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2922999 ft
  • >>>
Germany

yes, looks very good, just need to change small piece at RC. now im using HDMI out for my glasses through Nvidia Shield tablet, but new option looks better.
2015-5-26
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

Nice work!  Thanks Blade!
2015-5-26
Use props
bactrimforte
lvl.2

Italy

Cool and detailed guide. Thank you!
2015-5-27
Use props
thiagofneves
lvl.1

Canada

Here is how I managed to get it working

2015-5-28
Use props
lebed73
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2922999 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

im using also Nvidea Sheld. no issues. works very good with HDMI output
2015-6-1
Use props
Kyokushin
Second Officer
Flight distance : 296381 ft
Poland

Where to buy this board? How high it cost?

I am interested in connecting Oculus Rift to Phantom 3.
2015-6-9
Use props
NorthernLoop
lvl.2
Flight distance : 300246 ft
United Kingdom

Picture

Please.....,
shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg
2015-6-10
Use props
Victor7k
lvl.2

Canada

Can a micro usb HDMI adapter work?
2015-6-10
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Victor7k Posted at 2015-6-10 20:02
Can a micro usb HDMI adapter work?

It can but I am not a fan of them.  I have two of them and the adaptors that I have are 3 way.  They can interfere with the USB connection.  I think it would be better to get a micro to HDMI cable and then a male-male connector.
2015-6-10
Use props
Gh0stxSinghx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 91812431 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice jobs! I ask for you DJI Phantom 3 HDMI out will cinemizer on DJI pilot same look srceen? can you on video youtube?

My CarlZeiss Cinemizer OLED and NVidia Shield Portable had Mini HDMI out for parrot bebop drone is great by look FreeFlight 3 srceen.
2015-6-17
Use props
Gh0stxSinghx
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

thiagofneves Posted at 2015-5-29 01:23
Here is how I managed to get it working

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgoOZHgAIpg

Nice, Nvidia shield tablet with phantom 3 will lag on screen or smooth screen? I will buy Nvidia and i sell my ipad mini 2.
2015-6-18
Use props
Jack57
lvl.3

Canada

Gh0stxSinghx Posted at 2015-6-19 08:47
Nice, Nvidia shield tablet with phantom 3 will lag on screen or smooth screen? I will buy Nvidia a ...

ewwww bebop avatar lol
2015-6-18
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

Gh0stxSinghx Posted at 2015-6-19 08:47
Nice, Nvidia shield tablet with phantom 3 will lag on screen or smooth screen? I will buy Nvidia a ...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/28172013 ... =STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
2015-6-18
Use props
gomezphotograph
lvl.1
Flight distance : 157671 ft
  • >>>
United States

Where do you buy the board?
2015-6-20
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

gomezphotograph Posted at 2015-6-20 20:37
Where do you buy the board?

It is not yet available it should be shortly.
2015-6-20
Use props
Gh0stxSinghx
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-6-20 21:48
It is not yet available it should be shortly.

Will cinemizer on srceen look DJI pilot app? I think buy which nivida or HDMI Board. before i buy ok. When available please post here.
2015-6-23
Use props
Gh0stxSinghx
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Jack57 Posted at 2015-6-19 08:51
ewwww bebop avatar lol

I love avater bebop drone and i am frist time here Dji, love Phantom 3 look as same bebop. Will change avater Phantom 3 soon
2015-6-23
Use props
Groundcontrol51
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1600909 ft
  • >>>
United States

Please let me know when available.
2015-6-23
Use props
pidetectives
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would have easily paid an extra $200 if dji  would have build the HDMI into the Phantom 3 like they did with the inspire instead of having to get an adapter/board that's probably going to cost about $200 but what's done is done.
2015-6-23
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

The price of the board has been announced $150.  It is not an adaptor board.  It is a replacement board with a HDMI encoder.  When done the back looks exactly like the Inspire Tx.
2015-6-23
Use props
uhayat
lvl.2
Flight distance : 191421 ft
Pakistan

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-6-24 05:40
The price of the board has been announced $150.  It is not an adaptor board.  It is a replacement bo ...

Thanks for the update. Would appreciate if you would provide a link from where we can buy it once available.
2015-6-23
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

When available, you'll be able to purchase it here:
http://store.dji.com/phantom-accessories/for-phantom-3

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)

2015-6-23
Use props
InspirelessAggi
lvl.4

United States

I'd wait to get it from a place where you can return it.   If it not working out of the box, you have to deal with horrid online sales.  24 hour delay in emails.   Weeks and weeks for a refund and you won't get an exchange for weeks upon weeks while they delay getting returns checked into their system.  Save yourself a lot of frustration and get it from a U.S. Dealer.  You've been warned
2015-6-28
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

InspirelessAggi Posted at 2015-6-29 00:08
I'd wait to get it from a place where you can return it.   If it not working out of the box, you hav ...

Use pay pal, if there is something wrong,  order another one.  open a dispute and send the other one back, with tracking,  fastest way,  I had to do that a year ago on something I received that was D.O.A from DJI
2015-6-28
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-6-24 05:40
The price of the board has been announced $150.  It is not an adaptor board.  It is a replacement bo ...

Hey Ed
Will they have to release new firmware at the same time to support the board, or will the current firmware support?
2015-6-28
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

Jack57 Posted at 2015-6-19 08:51
ewwww bebop avatar lol

bebop I thought I saw that crash on another thread, No wait that was a 3dr wasn't it , oh well whats the difference
2015-6-28
Use props
InspirelessAggi
lvl.4

United States

mtnmaddman Posted at 2015-6-29 01:32
Use pay pal, if there is something wrong,  order another one.  open a dispute and send the other o ...

Here's the caveat.    I payed for my inspire 1 with paypal.    On day 3 after receiving it, the wiring went out.  I sent it back to DJI on their return label.   It went back to Torrance CA.    Now it was received over two weeks ago.  The Monday after it was received, I called to ask them how long the refund would take.  The tech told me he has no idea as it hasn't been checked in.   So....I opened a paypal dispute.    It's in limbo right now because DJI won't answer the email sent by paypal.   MULTIPLE emails sent to them by paypal. They evidently need to verify receipt to process the claim.  (fraud I guess-  The tracking number isn't enough for them) The problem is that I sent the product to Torrance CA on their RMA and with their shipping label they sent me.  And because DJI hasn't updated their information with paypal, they have a Hong KONG return address for RMAs...  So paypal won't side in my favor because one, I didn't send it to hong kong and two, DJI won't confirm with paypal that it was indeed received.   

I spent an hour on the phone with paypal explaining that the the issue was that I sent it where the product originated and the return label they sent to me.  It was sent from Torrance.  and went back to Torrance.  But because paypal requires I sent it to an address in Hong Kong....I can't get anything done.   

I still don't have a refund from DJI.   They've had my inspire for 2 weeks 2 days.   They have told me by email last friday that it will take 8-10 days from the day it's checked in to receive the refund.  Business days.   Since there's no weekend CS, that means two weeks.    So I paid for my inspire.  It worked for 3 days and wiring went out.    It will be a month tomorrow since I paid for it, and I don't have an inspire, no refund.....

Just listen to me.  Don't use online sales for anything that you want or may need to return.   Use Amazon or local US dealer.  Please.  
2015-6-28
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

InspirelessAggi Posted at 2015-6-29 07:13
Here's the caveat.    I payed for my inspire 1 with paypal.    On day 3 after receiving it, the wir ...

That is good advise, Use amazon and a credit card double your protection,  Who knows how pay pal is going to act now that they are no longer a part of ebay any leverage there is gone,  My situation was exactly the same as yours, received from china sent to torrance on their dime, same situation as yours, would not answer me or pay pal, any way worked for me, ordered again, but I like your advice better, everyone should heed this, best advice for your protection.
2015-6-28
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

mtnmaddman Posted at 2015-6-29 01:34
Hey Ed
Will they have to release new firmware at the same time to support the board, or will the c ...

It is a variant of the current App and the current firmware.  My guess is by the time it is out it will be integrated.
2015-6-28
Use props
Gh0stxSinghx
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi,  Ordered last tues. not yet shipped. Why that Shipping Pending?
2015-7-16
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Gh0stxSinghx Posted at 2015-7-17 08:52
Hi,  Ordered last tues. not yet shipped. Why that Shipping Pending?

The DJI store currently shows the HDMI Output Module is ready to ship in "10-15 working days after payment is confirmed". If the same was showing when you purchased it lask week, then that explains why is has not shipped yet.

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
2015-7-16
Use props
Gh0stxSinghx
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have already paid by paypal on 13 july 2015.
2015-7-16
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Gh0stxSinghx Posted at 2015-7-17 09:05
I have already paid by paypal on 13 july 2015.

That's not out of the ordinary. DJI usually processes the payment shortly after completing the purchase in their store. That doesn't mean your package is going to ship out right away. The actual ship time should be close to whatever was displayed at the time you made your purchase.

www.PhantomHelp.com

2015-7-16
Use props
jhall651
lvl.3

United States

Other than hooking the HDMI up to FPV googles or a monitor what are the main benefits to doing this upgrade?
2015-7-16
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

jhall651 Posted at 2015-7-17 09:13
Other than hooking the HDMI up to FPV googles or a monitor what are the main benefits to doing this  ...

It gives you HDMI output.  If you do not need it then you do not need the upgrade.  A lot of guys have HD FPV goggles that require HDMI.  I use it for recording on my Atomos Ninja Blade.  
2015-7-16
Use props
Gh0stxSinghx
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-7-17 09:19
It gives you HDMI output.  If you do not need it then you do not need the upgrade.  A lot of guys  ...

Nice Atomos Ninja Blade!,   Atomos Ninja connected usb to RC?
2015-7-16
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Gh0stxSinghx Posted at 2015-7-17 09:24
Nice Atomos Ninja Blade!,   Atomos Ninja connected usb to RC?

No HDMI.  I get 720p.  I also have the OSD turned on so I can record everything.  It is useful in my job here.
2015-7-16
Use props
jhall651
lvl.3

United States

I see.  Sorry for a kind of off topic question but what is the best way to record the view of the pilot app?  I like it when I see people post videos of the actual pilot app view where you can see distance, alt, etc...
2015-7-16
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules