No battery detected as soon as it landed
583 8 2018-8-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Reds2tall55
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1159409 ft

So after I boxed up my p4 and sent back for repairs I decided to buy a brand new P4P V2.0 . So first flight ...Freaking awesome so happy. Second flight 20 mins later I was landing and as soon as I touched down I got a warning telling me “No battery detected “ I WAS JUST FLYING with said battery... What’s up with this...???
2018-8-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there. thank you for reaching out and sorry for some inconvenience Regarding your concern have you try to unmount/re-mount the battery until the No battery detected goes away? and also  Do not move the battery upward forcibly.
2018-8-19
Use props
Aerial-Image
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sounds like the jolt of landing activated the sensor that detects a properly fitted lipo, its where the catch is inside the body of the ac near the bottom clip, thats all....
2018-8-19
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1563980 ft

Its prob just the battery sensory under battery in drone compartment if you get that message again just push down on the battery slightly you will see it go away. Sometimes uthe bottom battery tab doesnt make full contact. U will be ok and wont crash just make sure it is fully latched in.
2018-8-19
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1563980 ft

Yea maybe vibrations from landing wiggled the battery a little in the compartent ....tge bottom tab had to have not had good contact for that to happen....sometimes in beginning of flight before takeoff my one battery will give me a "cannot takeoff" message so i just push down on battery slightly and it goes away. Also make sure its latched in correctly ....since it only happens with one of my batterys i figure this is a qc issue, like no battery is made exactly the same/put together the same. The trouble battery after looking closely doesnt have as big a bottom tab as my other batterys(slight but u can def see it) which is why it doesnt sometimes touch the battery sensor.
2018-8-19
Use props
Reds2tall55
lvl.4

Thanks to all who replied.. you all were right .. to some degree.. So removed the battery and charged it then installed it again and turned everything on to check for anymore updates and everything is good. Turned on my bird and no more battery detection warnings . I do think it was just a fit net issue . I’d like to say I don’t land hard but that landing was out of sight test landing in my front yard while I was around back. Thanks all of you. I swear if I could send each one of you some home cooked cakes or cookies or brownies I would do it just to show my appreciation for your help. Thanks again and have a wonderful day.
2018-8-19
Use props
Reds2tall55
lvl.4

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-8-19 07:32
Hi there. thank you for reaching out and sorry for some inconvenience Regarding your concern have you try to unmount/re-mount the battery until the No battery detected goes away? and also  Do not move the battery upward forcibly.

I did not know this bird was so picky about battery and mounting. Thanks
2018-8-19
Use props
P4P+_Brazil
lvl.4
Brazil

It seems that the tolerance of the sensor of P4Pv2.0 is a bit too low, there are users that had to apply a tape at the bottom of the batteries to prevent a false alarm.
2018-8-19
Use props
Reds2tall55
lvl.4
United States

$gambino$ Posted at 2018-8-19 08:08
Yea maybe vibrations from landing wiggled the battery a little in the compartent ....tge bottom tab had to have not had good contact for that to happen....sometimes in beginning of flight before takeoff my one battery will give me a "cannot takeoff" message so i just push down on battery slightly and it goes away. Also make sure its latched in correctly ....since it only happens with one of my batterys i figure this is a qc issue, like no battery is made exactly the same/put together the same. The trouble battery after looking closely doesnt have as big a bottom tab as my other batterys(slight but u can def see it) which is why it doesnt sometimes touch the battery sensor.

Thank you and that is what happened... This other battery i bought has got a little bit of a weaker bottom tab and does not push that switch down good enough. Added 1 paper match stick with the end cut off under the push button and walla it now has enough force to keep that switch in place when its installed.. Thank you so much..all of you !
2018-8-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules