No Wifi connection on P3S
609 2 2018-8-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djordan2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 79291 ft

Here is some information that might be beneficial to others. I have a friends P3Standard that I borrowed for testing purposes.  I wanted to test its range as compared to my P3S.  My friend lives 200 miles from me.  We flew that P3 at her location.  It connected to my device Properly. But when I relocated it to my location on the Mojave Desert, I could not get it to connect to  my device's wifi.   It asked for the Wifi password, which is 12341234.  I entered that, but it still would not connect.  I tried every trick in the book, including the RC unit Password reset procedure (Thumb wheel to the right, and toggled S2). I even deleted ("Forget)  the wifi connection on my device and then re-aquired.  I logged out of the Go app and logged back in.  I deleted the Go app and re-installed.  I searched the forum for other tricks.  I tried them all!  Nothing worked.  It just kept saying "Wrong Password". I know the Password had never been changed from the default.

I was not going to let this thing get the best of me.  So I tried one more thing.  I disconnected the battery in the RC unit and left it disconnected for about 30 minutes.   Then I plugged the battery back in, and tried to connect again.  This time it worked!!!  It took the 12341234 Password and I went flying...!

I feel so much better this morning.  I think I'll go out to breakfast.

2018-8-19
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Sometimes weird things happen and you have to do whatever it takes.   Good detective work!
2018-8-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and thank you for sharing some information, glad to hear that you're able to have it work If you have any question or concern feel free to reach us.
2018-8-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules