Buying advice - Mavic 2 Pro
1269 16 2018-8-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
damienmc3
lvl.2

Germany

Hey experts,

I would like to press the ''order button'' on the 23rd of August when DJI is going to present the new Mavic 2 Pro...
My question is, what is in your opinion absolutely necessary to buy for a trip to Hong Kong? One more battery pack, more propellers, ...?

And an other important question, what is your experience about the delivery time to germany? My flight is on 7th of September, so it would be great to get that stuff before...

Thanks in advance and best regards

2018-8-19
Use props
DH_Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

There is no info release yet so hard to say. I would definitely go with fly more combo if there will be one. But according to experience from past I'm afraid you will be not able to get it until 7th September but maybe I'm wrong and DJI is better prepared this time.
2018-8-19
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

It's a good chance they won't make that sept 7 deadline. from my experience it going to take at least 30 days.
So many people are going to be trying to order.
2018-8-19
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
Italy

I’m sure there will be options for extra battery etc but as others have said I doubt that you would receive it for your Tavel date, let’s see what happens on Tuesday
2018-8-19
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

It will arive on 8th of September.
2018-8-19
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

Get the combo. If it's like the last combos they have offered for the other drones, it'll have spare batteries, props and a carry case.
2018-8-19
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

With the release of Mavic Air beginning of this year DJI has established a new standard in terms of shipment after release day from which they can't easily draw back in my opinion. Thus if things will be done as it has been for Macic Air, release will be on Thursday 23 August and shipments (if order was made in the DJI online store) will start on Monday 27. But all of this will be announced next Thursday. For your particular case it could work out, but there can't be a guarantee either. In any case I would recommend to order the "Fly More Combo" and I am sure it will be offered.
2018-8-19
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

After a month long delay and not knowing what caused it, I would be pretty questionable if I would want to invest on the M2 until others have flown it for some time.
2018-8-19
Use props
damienmc3
lvl.2

Germany

Thank you guys, for sharing you opinions and experiences!
2018-8-19
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Hong Kong

Wait for a month or more to see the review and comments from others. I never be the first guy. Watch carefully before you move. It’s expected to see different kind of problems on the first batch.
2018-8-20
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

If its anything like the Mavic Pro or Platinum release there's a lead time of 3-5 months from ordering to actually getting a device.  I'd say you have near no chance getting it by that date!
2018-8-20
Use props
Bill B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319245 ft
United States

We don't even know what is coming out and you are already set to order it? Strange, patience is a virtue, that few have now a days.first off I'd  wait to see what is announced, then give it 1/2 year to sort bugs out. Or you'll be the first to announce a flyaway on the 27th., or whatever day you get it, and wonder "what happened"
2018-8-20
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

As much as I want the Mavic pro 2 I will wait and see, what, if any issues arise on or from the first batches, in the meantime I pulled the trigger on a Ronin S. I can wait for the pro 2, maybe. I got an itchy trigger finger.
2018-8-20
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Hong Kong

Yeah! I am the first person crashed the MP2! I am the first! Wow!
2018-8-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

damienmc3 Posted at 2018-8-19 21:41
Thank you guys, for sharing you opinions and experiences!

Hi. Did you order the Mavic 2  Pro now? Please keep us posted once you receive your drone. Don't forget to watch the video tutorial and read manuals before you fly your drone. Thanks for choosing DJI. Have a great day.
2018-8-29
Use props
damienmc3
lvl.2

Germany

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-8-29 11:02
Hi. Did you order the Mavic 2  Pro now? Please keep us posted once you receive your drone. Don't forget to watch the video tutorial and read manuals before you fly your drone. Thanks for choosing DJI. Have a great day.

Hi Natalia,

thank you for your replay. Yes, I received my parcel from DJI today and also had a short flight... Great experience. Will practice more on the weekend.

cheers
2018-8-29
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

damienmc3 Posted at 2018-8-29 11:06
Hi Natalia,

thank you for your replay. Yes, I received my parcel from DJI today and also had a short flight... Great experience. Will practice more on the weekend.

Hi, that's great to hear! Please don't hesitate to contact us if you encounter any problem. Thank you and have a safe flight always.
2018-8-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules