Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
RONIN S - Arca Swiss plate please
4606 12 2018-8-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RemekTek Media
lvl.1
Flight distance : 46949 ft
Australia

Hi,

All my tripods and cameras use the Arca Swiss compatible plates and not Manfrotto. Can we PLEASE have that as an option, instead of needing to modify the S ourselves?

If anyone else supports this request, please comment below. Thanks.
2018-8-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft

Hi RemekTek, thanks for your suggestion, the Ronin-S Camera Mounting Plate is compatible with Manfrotto 501PL type at the moment instead of Arca Swiss compatible plates, your need will be forwarded to our engineers for consideration in the future development.
2018-8-20
Use props
pi1k
lvl.1

Hi everyone,

I'd like to second this wish!
See: I use a 1DX Mark II with a Peak Design clutch always attached to it.
The base of the clutch gets screwed in to the bottom of the camera and doubles as an arca swiss plate which is great for all my other tripods and mounting needs.
Except for the Ronin S.
I tried to solve this issue on my own, simply by mounting an Arca Swiss clamp on top of the Manfrotto plate but that doesn't really work.
Or... it does: I am able to quickly attach and releas my camera.
But there is no way I am able to balance it correctly because the camera and its center of gravity are very high in the end.

Of course there is the possibility that I just messed something up, but until now I couldn't get it to work...

In the end, it's not a dealbreaker but it would be SO much easier if there would be an option for an Arca Swiss plate for the Ronin!
2018-8-20
Use props
RemekTek Media
lvl.1
Flight distance : 46949 ft
Australia

I use 2 mirrorless Fujifilm bodies (X-H1 and X-PRO2) and 3 Sony camcorders, plus 3 action cameras. All use Arca Swiss plates  to connect to any one of my 13 tripods. I think you get the picture: please offer an Arca Swiss compatible mount for the Ronin S.

As soon as you do, I'll order a Ronin S. Thanks.
2018-8-20
Use props
diy-guy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11857 ft

I´ve had the same problem with having all my adapters Arca Swiss and wanted to change my Cameras on the Ronin without screwing the mounting plate from camera to camera. I mounted a Arca Swiss to the Mounting Plate of the Ronin S:
https://konkludenz.de/en/adapting-the-dji-ronin-s-to-arca-swiss/
2018-10-1
Use props
veggiedean
lvl.1
Flight distance : 105620 ft
United States

Yes, please make it acra swiss compatible.    The dove tail is really a bummer.   Makes a great gimbal average.
2018-11-16
Use props
WakingLife
lvl.2
United States

I’d also like this feature
2018-11-16
Use props
sky_makai
lvl.3
United States

+1 for an Arca-Swiss quick release option!  
I use and keep an Arca-Swiss type L-Bracket on my camera at all times.  So, if DJI were to make an Arca-Swiss quick release, it needs to work in both forward and sideways directions.  (see photo)

1-8 13:34
Use props
raphael_bellizzi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 532654 ft
Canada

Guys, Just add any clamp that you need over the Ronin S Plate and you'll never need to rebalance again.

My case I have many Manfrotto PL200 on tripods and grips and can easily take off the camera and put on those devices.

1-8 17:03
Use props
Tabor Photo
lvl.1

United States

We need this bad, as a professional photographer all I use is Arca Swiss.
3-23 04:13
Use props
rikk08
Captain
Flight distance : 2745236 ft
  • >>>
Malta

sky_makai Posted at 1-8 13:34
+1 for an Arca-Swiss quick release option!  
I use and keep an Arca-Swiss type L-Bracket on my camera at all times.  So, if DJI were to make an Arca-Swiss quick release, it needs to work in both forward and sideways directions.  (see photo)
                          [view_image]

got that same exact setup..with the lens also if that's a 24-70 G Master from what I can tell...how well were you able to balance the gimbal?
5-29 13:05
Use props
fans4e822e98
lvl.1
Belgium

raphael_bellizzi Posted at 1-8 17:03
Guys, Just add any clamp that you need over the Ronin S Plate and you'll never need to rebalance again.

My case I have many Manfrotto PL200 on tripods and grips and can easily take off the camera and put on those devices.

Great idea, but don't forget the Manfrotto quick release doesn't work on every baseplate. (It's going to low on the side)
6-29 08:14
Use props
vitanas.bubele
lvl.2
Flight distance : 60748 ft

Hi, I have Manfrotto 190cxpro4 and DJI Ronin-S. What model quick release adapter support?
9-22 06:52
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules