Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Air VR Feature Request
376 0 2018-8-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aenghus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41260 ft
United States

After a few months of flying my Mavic Air, primarily to create 360° VR panoramas, I have a few ideas, or requests for features. I've been making VR panoramas since 1998, and I am excited to now be able to incorportate aerial POVs into the mix of existing ground-level VR. For example, here's one I did last month in Ireland:
https://voicesfromthedawn.com/city-and-the-paps/

Feature requests:

1. I understand that the limitation on upward movement of the gimbal in the pano mode effectively avoids the props in the image. But for those stitching their pano files manually (e.g. w/PTGui) it is possible to mask out any evidence of the props, AND having a bit more upward angle would make it easier to shoot lower altitutude panos and avoid getting the tops of the trees cropped out of the stitch. Can we please have a toggle to shoot the pano with full upward gimbal tilt?

2. It would be amazing if the Air had the capability to shoot VR, AND in the process create 3 HDR images (or use the "AEB" mode) to allow the user to stitch together HDR panoramas. This (HDR pano stitching) feature is built into PTGui Pro.

3. I wonder if the drone can be made to rotate around the lens' "nodal point" rather than rotate around the center of the drone? It may be that the nodal point as the center of rotation would allow more accurate stitching.
4. I've discovered that any stick movement that occurs prior to the message indicated that the pano has been stitched will cancel the stitching, and all individual images will also be lost. Perhaps there should be an on-screen warning visible until the pano completion: "Any control input will cancel the panorama."

Thanks for creating a wonderful new camera for the VR photographer!

2018-8-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules