Mavic Pro IMUI calibration stuck.
46437 25 2018-8-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans84dd369b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 220 ft
United States

I am trying to calibrate the IMU.   But it is stuck on step 2 of 5.  Back light is rapid flashing green.  Need help.

2018-8-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. regarding your concern, I would recommend calibrating the IMU on an open space/field to make sure there will be no interference while calibrating the IMU.
2018-8-19
Use props
fans84dd369b
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-8-19 16:55
Hi there, thank you for reaching out. regarding your concern, I would recommend calibrating the IMU on an open space/field to make sure there will be no interference while calibrating the IMU.

Thank you for your reply.   I have tried it in an open field with no luck.   I have seen videos where it is done indoors.  When I have it indoors, I am warned that there is magnetic interference present.  So confusing.

Can you give me the significance of the blinking lights?  It is a solid color sometimes,  kinda like white.  Then it changes to blinking green.   Progress never advances passed the second of 5 dots.  Should it point North on the first go-around?   Emphasis in one video showed that it must be perfectly flat using a bubble level;  is this critical?

Thanks again,
Chuck
2018-8-20
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

2018-8-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

fans84dd369b Posted at 2018-8-20 02:21
Thank you for your reply.   I have tried it in an open field with no luck.   I have seen videos where it is done indoors.  When I have it indoors, I am warned that there is magnetic interference present.  So confusing.

Can you give me the significance of the blinking lights?  It is a solid color sometimes,  kinda like white.  Then it changes to blinking green.   Progress never advances passed the second of 5 dots.  Should it point North on the first go-around?   Emphasis in one video showed that it must be perfectly flat using a bubble level;  is this critical?

Thank you for the feedback, If you having the magnetic interference that could be the cause that's why the calibration won't complete. regarding with the blinking led indicator you can use this as your reference.
2018-8-20
Use props
fans84dd369b
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-8-20 07:12
Thank you for the feedback, If you having the magnetic interference that could be the cause that's why the calibration won't complete. regarding with the blinking led indicator you can use this as your reference.[view_image]

Unfortunately,  rapid green flashing light isn't listed.    Does the surface that the drone rests on have to be absolutely flat?

Thanks in advance,
Chuck
2018-8-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans84dd369b Posted at 2018-8-20 07:27
Unfortunately,  rapid green flashing light isn't listed.    Does the surface that the drone rests on have to be absolutely flat?

Thanks in advance,

Hi, Thanks for the response. I would recommend switching the aircraft into Wi-Fi mode and connect your phone directly to the aircraft via Wi-Fi then try to re-calibrate it again to see if the issue will persist. Thank you. Please keep us posted on the latest progress.
2018-8-20
Use props
fans84dd369b
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-20 14:32
Hi, Thanks for the response. I would recommend switching the aircraft into Wi-Fi mode and connect your phone directly to the aircraft via Wi-Fi then try to re-calibrate it again to see if the issue will persist. Thank you. Please keep us posted on the latest progress.

I don't know how to connect via wi-fi.   I plan to go to a remote field tomorrow and hopefully talk to an owner of a Mavic Pro and get his help.   Do you know what a flashing green light means at the stern of the aircraft while the IMU is being calibrated?   How long do I have to wait for the first step to be completed?  A short while, ten minutes?  The video  really doesn't say ---  it could be edited to shorten the the view time; when it really takes a lot of  time to calibrate.  How level must the flat surface be?  
2018-8-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans84dd369b Posted at 2018-8-20 15:24
I don't know how to connect via wi-fi.   I plan to go to a remote field tomorrow and hopefully talk to an owner of a Mavic Pro and get his help.   Do you know what a flashing green light means at the stern of the aircraft while the IMU is being calibrated?   How long do I have to wait for the first step to be completed?  A short while, ten minutes?  The video  really doesn't say ---  it could be edited to shorten the the view time; when it really takes a lot of  time to calibrate.  How level must the flat surface be?

Hi, Thanks for the response, normally, it wouldn't take to long during the IMU calibration as long as we follow the instruction on the screen. Probably the reason for the green light while calibrating is that the aircraft proceeding the IMU calibration. Regarding the phone and aircraft connection, you can switch the aircraft from RC into Wi-Fi then locate the Wi-Fi name on your mobile device if you're not aware of the password, that details will be included on the battery compartment as well. Please see the images below for your reference. Thank you for the support. Kindly keep us posted on the latest progress.

2018-8-21
Use props
Markos2k
New
Spain

Hello, I had same problem and Just finised to solve it.
I tried to connect by wifi and doesnt work for my case. I had stopped for the hole day and now by night with the temperature around 20 Celsius degrees, I follow this procedure.

I uninstalled the App from my mobile
Restarted my mobile
Installed again the DJI Application
And Follow the process to calibrate

And It worked
I hope this helps you
Marcos
2018-8-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Markos2k Posted at 2018-8-29 15:23
Hello, I had same problem and Just finised to solve it.
I tried to connect by wifi and doesnt work for my case. I had stopped for the hole day and now by night with the temperature around 20 Celsius degrees, I follow this procedure.

Hi, Thanks for sharing your idea and troubleshooting steps. Glad that you were able to solve the issue. Please let us know if you have other concerns. Thank you for the support.
2018-8-29
Use props
croop120
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6808 ft
Trinidad and Tobago

Hi, I think i may have figured it out. I have been having this issue for over a week. Anytime you try calibrating the IMU, the picture on the left of the calibration screen is supposed to prompt you when to change the drone orientation. But this does not happen, sometimes the picture is stuck and will not prompt you to turn the drone during the process. This is where the green light comes into play. The rapid green flashing light is the prompt to turn the drone. So anytime it flashes change the orientation. You can google the order of the Orientation for each step. Note: I actually start my IMU calibration with the drone on the side then the picture on the calibration screen may sometimes change to show the next orientation.  I then follow the prompts until completed. I hope this helps. Thank You.
2018-9-14
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>

Search the forum, there is a thread on this, basically the Go4 v3 pictures are incorrect for IMU calibration.
2018-9-15
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10321657 ft
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-8-20 07:12
Thank you for the feedback, If you having the magnetic interference that could be the cause that's why the calibration won't complete. regarding with the blinking led indicator you can use this as your reference.[view_image]

thanks for that info
2018-9-15
Use props
cellobride
lvl.1
Canada

this one got me too...
2019-5-11
Use props
cellobride
lvl.1
Canada

This one got me too...
2019-5-11
Use props
cellobride
lvl.1
Canada

This one got me too...
Pay close attention to the picture shown on the screen as it is calibrating...
It changes so quick - it took me 3 times to realize it...

When the green lights are flashing rapidly - it means it calibrated for that position and it now wants you to move it to the next position.
Look closely at the picture when to green lights are flashing - then look at the position of your drone.
2019-5-11
Use props
Matrixshopping
New

Guyana

Thanks it work for me
2019-8-8
Use props
djiuser_pR89aJgAdCF0
New

United States

Inherited a Mavic Pro and have had the exact issue mentioned in this forum thread. There are many misleading and ambiguous YT videos out there, in particular showing IMU calibration with drone arms extended.
I'd like to thank all on this thread for their help; I'm airborne for the first time this morning (since retiring a Parrot Beebop many years ago...) Goal is to eventually fly FPV with goggles. Again, thanks.
2020-7-19
Use props
icelotgmail.com
lvl.1

United States

Be careful with instruction on the monitor. You need to move the drone on the sides like shown.
2021-1-9
Use props
fansa0dde1b2
New

Australia

Thus one got me too, it’s definitely an active process. Must move drone into side and vertical as prompted. Fixed easily thank god. Hope thus helps
2021-4-18
Use props
user03ecbd88c7
New
Flight distance : 292283 ft
United States

Who ever said to remove and replace the DJI app after multiple failures.. THANK YOU - That let me restart the process and successfully calibrated the IMU.
2021-10-30
Use props
djiuser_TAKCXzNDvmSC
lvl.1
United States

I’m having the same issue, but it just locks up the app. I few it in Moab one day and everything was great. Charged all the batteries went out the next day, now I’m getting all of these errors and it won’t fly at all.
2021-11-6
Use props
Paul E Dude
New

United States

I havent used my drone in over a year. even got a new phone. Till I realized you had to put the drone on its side on the ground. not on its feet.  I just thought the diagram was looking from above
2023-7-4
Use props
SinghForceOne
lvl.1
Australia

Paul E Dude Posted at 2023-7-4 11:38
I havent used my drone in over a year. even got a new phone. Till I realized you had to put the drone on its side on the ground. not on its feet.  I just thought the diagram was looking from above

YES! this got me too! It's not quite clear from the picture. Very subtle repositioning movements between steps, so you really need to carefully inspect the position in relation to the screen picture. It would be good if DJI marked those pictured movement changes in red, so it's a bit more obvious. Glad it was a simple issue. Albeit user error.
3-8 22:58
Use props
BatCaveStudios
New

United States

Thanks for all the input here. Never watched one YouTube video and fixed my problem right away. Flashing green light then changing drone orientation to match screen. Easy indeed (but frustrating at first).
3-27 08:26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules