Burning sensations
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>

I received my CrystalSky Ultra Bright monitor from DJI repair facility CA yesterday. It died on me mid-flight with Cendence RC and Matrice 200, glad we have this magic RTH button handy. Anyway, as I was bench-testing the performance of CS, all of the sudden I start smelling a smoke. I shut the system down immediately and tried to locate the source of burning odour. Found nothing, but had to jump off my panties instead. Literally ... No, I didn't poop myself, smart asses!

Lesson learned ... Never, ever put your vaping device in a pocket next to a car keys!
2018-8-19
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

had to jump off my panties instead

Glad it didn't explode in your pocket! and hopefully you get the CS figured out.
2018-8-19
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>

Lucas775 Posted at 2018-8-19 21:56
had to jump off my panties instead

Glad it didn't explode in your pocket! and hopefully you get the CS figured out.

Oh, forgot to mention ... Yes, CS Ultra seems to work fine.
2018-8-19
Use props
Highasakite
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1423930 ft
United States

Now that's funny! Don't forget to lock that thing or you may end up on one of those "FAIL" videos Ken.
2018-8-20
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2018-8-19 22:42
Oh, forgot to mention ... Yes, CS Ultra seems to work fine.

Hi. Good thing no one got hurt and it's good to know that the CrystalSky is working fine. Please let us know if you need any help.
2018-8-20
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi Matthew
I had to read this twice      finally got it!     Are you back from your summer travels? We just got some relief from the forest fire smoke. unfortunately the summer is almost over.     

Thanks for sharing

Rich
2018-8-20
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-8-20 06:46
Hi Matthew
I had to read this twice      finally got it!     Are you back from your summer travels? We just got some relief from the forest fire smoke. unfortunately the summer is almost over.     

Yes, I'm back home, Rich. It was a disappointment, again due to overwhelming wildfire smoke. I'm afraid clear summer sky in this part of the world is a thing of the past ...
2018-8-20
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2018-8-20 09:47
Yes, I'm back home, Rich. It was a disappointment, again due to overwhelming wildfire smoke. I'm afraid clear summer sky in this part of the world is a thing of the past ...

Mathew

I am hoping that we can have the forests managed again with fire lanes and select tree cutting like in the 1980s. I would rather see the trees cut responsibility this way we can have clear sky's in the summer again.  Letting the forest burn down every year to make the environmental folks happy is not working for me.

Have a good one!

Rich
2018-8-20
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

o gees, ouch
2018-8-21
Use props