Image "Ghosting"
1684 10 2018-8-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jdawg80
lvl.1
United States

I just bought the Mavic Pro Platinum last month and have noticed that on all my flights that there seems to be some image distortion on the bottom left hand corner of the screen. Originally I had assumed it was due to the sun, however, after showing the video/images to my friend and brother-in-law who also own DJI drones they indicated that this isn't normal. The white lines seem to be there regardless of the direction/orientation of the drone/camera.  So my question is whether this is something that I can fix via some sort of setting or did I recieve a defective unit and thus should return it? Has anyone else experienced this issue? Any recomendations/thoughts would be greatly appreciated

Drone Ghosting Photo #1.jpg
Drone Ghosting Photo #2.jpg
Drone Ghosting Photo #3.jpg
2018-8-19
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Assuming you are flying without the protective gimbal cover, you might have a defective camera and need to contact DJI about it.  Hopefully an admin will chime in and point you in the right direction.
2018-8-19
Use props
Eagle_Eye
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4137720 ft
United States

That would be my 1st assumption ,gimbal cover.
2018-8-20
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

Ditto. Gimbal cover. The streak isn't in the same place in all the photos and seems to be relative to the sun being in front/side of the drone. If it's not the gimbal cover, take a shot with the sun at the back of the drone and see if you have the same streak.
2018-8-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, I do apologize for the inconvenience and trouble caused. Just to clarify, may I know if there's a cover attached to your gimbal? If yes, please kindly remove it. If the issue persists, please try to reset your micro SD Card. If this will not work, I highly recommend you send it in for repair for us to determine the problem. You may start up a case online: https://repair.dji.com. You can also contact our support team by dialing +1 (818) 235 0789 for further assistance. Thank you.
2018-8-20
Use props
Lamplighter55
Second Officer
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

That definitely looks like an internal reflection from the transparent gimbal cover. You can see that the reflection changes as the drone tilts to one side in flight - as the gimbal cover being attached to the drone 'moves' relative to the stabilised gimbal.
2018-8-20
Use props
Jdawg80
lvl.1
United States

Appreciate all the comments! I will try it with the gimbal cover off, but a friend who flew his with the gimbal cover on, didn't experience this issue. The streak continues to be present regardless of the direction the camera is pointing. I hope to fly it tomorrow without the cover and will report what I experience.
2018-8-20
Use props
saviour
Second Officer
Flight distance : 604203 ft
Germany

Wait what? You have to take off the gimbal cover before you fly. I mean, if you turn on your drone with the cover and the gimbal goes up and down you can break it!?
Or did I missunderstood this now?
2018-8-20
Use props
DJKOR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2035676 ft
United States

saviour Posted at 2018-8-20 21:47
Wait what? You have to take off the gimbal cover before you fly. I mean, if you turn on your drone with the cover and the gimbal goes up and down you can break it!?
Or did I missunderstood this now?

The Mavic Pro is not like the Mavic Air mate.
medium_7cfcf16d-c022-48cf-9dd3-2c4c70603776.jpg
2018-8-20
Use props
saviour
Second Officer
Flight distance : 604203 ft
Germany

DJKOR Posted at 2018-8-20 21:59
The Mavic Pro is not like the Mavic Air mate.
[view_image]

Oh sorry, I was thinking OP had an MA. My fault.
2018-8-20
Use props
Jdawg80
lvl.1
United States

Removing gimbal cover seemed to improve it. However, it wasn't as sunny when I flew it. Just seems odd as others I know have flown with the cover one as well and didn't seem to have the issue. So it appears to be solved for now. Thanks for the recommendations!
2018-8-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules