What is going on with this new firmware and my batteries
1939 10 2015-5-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hooks
lvl.3
Flight distance : 226450 ft
Canada

I have my replacement bird purchased from my dealer.  He said it was new and he checked and updated the firmware.

Everything works on the bird but whenever the new firmware is loaded to an sd card it gives me intermittent battery errors while trying to update them.  

First 2 batteries updated fine, then the third outright bricked...  oh my

getting ready to package the unit up to send it back to dealer when the mood strikes me to try again... feeling especially brave I guess

Another bricked battery, and now the two batteries that did update now give me connection errors...

DJI LA says to send it to them for repairs but that leaves me without it for nearly the entire summer.  I want to send it back to my dealer because it is clear to me that this bird he sent me is a lemon.

What should I do?  should I lose it for the summer to DJI, or fight with my dealer over it and leave it to him to solve the issues?  

Thanks

2015-5-26
Use props
thumpinhard
lvl.2

United States

tell the dealer to send in in to dji as a d.o.a. unit. if they are a good dealer they will be happy to and you should have a replacement unit in 2-3 weeks.  that is how mine was handled by drones made easy.
2015-5-26
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you have registered the Inspire 1 to you on the app... Then you might want to go to your dealer for help. It could be hard to trade it in, but you never know.

Rich
2015-5-26
Use props
Hooks
lvl.3
Canada

Got both bricked batteries up and running again  

The trick was to delete both log files off of the sd card,  the one in the root and the one in the hidden misc folder.
Slide the bricked battery back in with the sd card installed and bam battery updates firmware and comes back to life

I think I know how I pooched the batts in the first place too.  As I was updating the firmware in the remaining inventory of batteries, I turned on my second controller while the 6th battery was getting its update... Bam the battery just bricked.  I can sort of remember screwing around with one of my controllers when the other batteries bricked.  I think this is the main issue.

Tried to replicate the successful resurrection on this third broken battery and it failed.  The only difference this time is that I had run the two other bricked batts down a little by charging my remotes off of them first.  This is a time consuming process so I will update this thread again later.
2015-5-27
Use props
Hooks
lvl.3
Canada

Next up, I get a battery connection error on one of my succesfully updated batts...  App says to send to DJI for repairs... So I delete the app and reinstall.  Now it says everything is fine with the unit and the battery...

I hope it is not some intermittent thing, that would really ruin my night.
2015-5-27
Use props
Hooks
lvl.3
Canada

"Battery connection to center board has failed"  This is happening intermittently on all of my batteries...  Sometimes they fire up just fine, sometimes it grounds me with this error.  i will test further tomorrow.
2015-5-28
Use props
Hooks
lvl.3
Canada

It may even have something to do with the app, when I restart both the bird and the app it seems to clear up...
2015-5-28
Use props
zoc3
New

United States

Hooks Posted at 2015-5-28 16:03
It may even have something to do with the app, when I restart both the bird and the app it seems to  ...

Battery connection to the center board has failed. Here's what happened to me on a TB47. I plugged the fully charged TB47 battery into the Inspire 1 and it immediately turned on and started beeping, the gyro spun up and the tail light was flashing red. This all continued as the top of the battery began to get very warm. I had connection to the transmitter and the camera was functioning then the following appeared on the DJI application on my ipad "Battery connection to the center board has failed". I tried to upgrade the firmware but the text file kept coming up "failed". I removed the top of the battery and disconnected the cable in an attempt to reset the battery controller board. I left the cable off for about 5 minutes put it all back together but it did not help. It looks as though this is a factory return/exchange if you are experiencing this error on one of your batteries. There is an issue on the battery controller board.
2015-7-12
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

zoc3 Posted at 2015-7-13 02:09
Battery connection to the center board has failed. Here's what happened to me on a TB47. I plugged ...

Be careful everybody when you take the battery apart. When you put it back together you may pinch wires,  or the wires may have already been pinched during assembly.  I am trying to determine if this a real problem, random problem, or just my luck.  http://forum.dji.com/thread-23697-1-1.html
2015-7-12
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

Hooks check your wires and be careful when you reassemble http://forum.dji.com/thread-23697-1-1.html
2015-7-12
Use props
InspirelessAggi
lvl.4

United States

I had the connection to,main board error.   I landed mine and saw that smoke came from the inspire.   Forced me to send it in for refund.     I think it's more than just a quirk in the software.  I mean smoke. Something was getting too hot.
2015-7-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules