Out of the box battery error P4 Adv - any ideas?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_fbVzD2zY749s
lvl.1
Flight distance : 85764 ft
New Zealand

Hi All

Unboxed my new P4 Adv, plugged in the battery to the charger and after 2 hours all I'm getting is LED 1 flashing together with the main green light. The instructions don't refer to that as a particular error status that I can see.

Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance.

Jeremy
2018-8-20
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

The battery is defective.   Send it back.
2018-8-20
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. We apologize for the inconvenience. Do you have an extra battery to check and see if it's the charger or the battery that has a problem?
2018-8-20
Use props
jimm00re
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1277503 ft

YES - P4A's new out of the box with defective a battery, is a thing.  I had read about the issue in product reviews on B&H and other sites before purchasing.  Knowing this I purchased mine with a additional battery.  I'm glad I did as even with good support and service it took a couple weeks to get the bad battery swapped with a new one.  The support folks here are awesome, but they are trying to determine whole drone or just battery replacement...  Just go with the battery.  
2018-8-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

jimm00re Posted at 2018-8-20 05:54
YES - P4A's new out of the box with defective a battery, is a thing.  I had read about the issue in product reviews on B&H and other sites before purchasing.  Knowing this I purchased mine with a additional battery.  I'm glad I did as even with good support and service it took a couple weeks to get the bad battery swapped with a new one.  The support folks here are awesome, but they are trying to determine whole drone or just battery replacement...  Just go with the battery.

Thanks for the response and again we're very sorry for some inconvenience regarding what happened. If you have any concern or question feel free to reach us back. Thanks!
2018-8-20
Use props
Dakar 67
lvl.1
Flight distance : 85764 ft
New Zealand

Thank you for the replies, I've gone back to the supplier and am seeking to replace the battery. Hadn't yet purchased a spare so couldn't isolate the charger being an issue, however it was charging the remote controller perfectly.
2018-8-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Dakar 67 Posted at 2018-8-20 16:18
Thank you for the replies, I've gone back to the supplier and am seeking to replace the battery. Hadn't yet purchased a spare so couldn't isolate the charger being an issue, however it was charging the remote controller perfectly.

Hi, I suggest you wait for the replacement battery so we can check. Please keep us posted. Thanks.
2018-8-21
Use props
SurveyingArcher
lvl.1

I got mine last year and have had the same problem, I have tried contacting support but no help, how do I get this fixed?
2018-9-23
Use props
Canyon Mike
lvl.2
United States

I had the same problem...bought mine from B&H...bohgt a second battery at Best Buy and it was fine...I sent it back, and they called to say it looked good to them, but were nice enough to send a new one out anyway.
2018-11-3
Use props
djiuser_WEhlob4rwJSE
lvl.1

Turkey

Yes. I've tried that many times. Tried holding the button down for up to 20 seconds and a few o ther things. Nothing works.
2018-12-10
Use props
djiuser_2dtWgxBXs1AE
lvl.2

Turkey

Yes. I've tried that many times. Tried holding the button down for up to 20 seconds and a few o ther things. Nothing works.
https://subwaysurfers.vip/ , https://psiphon.vip/ , https://hillclimbracing.vip/
2018-12-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules