Ronin s motor malfunction
1919 3 2018-8-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Blake.oliver
lvl.1

United States

Our ronin s is malfunctioning with a twitch. It worked fine to begin with but after about three weeks of use it can’t even move smoothly without it glitching.

It’s most noticeable when panning left and right the tilt motor seems to drift and then catch itself violently.

Occasionally it seems to lose power completely and the camera will shake violently up and down and then reengage and catch itself.

I have upgraded the firmware, done a system calibration and have done a joystick calibration (each done multiple times) and it still does not work correctly.

Attached are videos showing the problem.
2018-8-20
Use props
thestorybehind
New

Singapore

Hi guys,

Facing Ronin-S motor issues too.

Have already updated the firmware etc. When it's switched on, the machine will tilt up on it's own. When we double-tapped the button to reset it, it won't respond. It will only reset after we adjusted the joystick. The gimbal will also tilt non-stop, even after we have stop adjusting the joystick and it also can't be reseted. Have already sent repair request to DJI via email but hardly no reply.

Please help! Thanks!
2019-2-17
Use props
aaapoc
New
Canada

Hi all. I'm facing a similar issue to thestorybehind's, except it's panning non-stop 360 degrees. I have a feeling it's something to do with Control Settings' Channels section. The sliders from CH1-3 are locked and cannot be modified. CH1-2 are set to 0, but CH3 (for Pan) is locked to a value between 245-250, which I suspect is causing it to pan on its own non-stop. The joystick works, but it will continue to pan after I left go the joystick. Restore Gimbal Settings and System Calibration do nothing. I'm running the latest app and firmware versions.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
2019-7-5
Use props
aaapoc
New
Canada

aaapoc Posted at 7-5 06:10
Hi all. I'm facing a similar issue to thestorybehind's, except it's panning non-stop 360 degrees. I have a feeling it's something to do with Control Settings' Channels section. The sliders from CH1-3 are locked and cannot be modified. CH1-2 are set to 0, but CH3 (for Pan) is locked to a value between 245-250, which I suspect is causing it to pan on its own non-stop. The joystick works, but it will continue to pan after I left go the joystick. Restore Gimbal Settings and System Calibration do nothing. I'm running the latest app and firmware versions.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Update: got it working again, thanks to support's help. Joystick recalibration resolved it. Here was their instructions:

Press the trigger button 4 times and hold it on the 4th, the 3 LED lights will be solid green then eventually blinks, once it started to blink push and pull the joystick up down left right and circle around multiple times until the LED light turns normal. You may redo the process twice.
2019-7-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules