Charging - With a powwerbank
4180 39 2018-8-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Atlas_Aus
Second Officer

Thailand

Hey All,

When I bought my drone they through in a powerbank which was nice.

However being a noob I can't figure out how to charge the batteries with it...

I have the multiple charger that came in the kit but it appears to be hard wired so I have no clue

2018-8-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do appreciate bringing this query to us. For us to be able to help you with this, I'd like to know the Mavic series you own? We're here to help you with this. Thank you.
2018-8-20
Use props
Amjad1983
lvl.4
Flight distance : 310489 ft
United Arab Emirates

I am planning to buy power bank too instead of extra batteries
Just i need your experience is it worthy or not ?
Is charging through power bank is  fast  like wall charger or not ?
2018-8-20
Use props
Maveriksam
lvl.4
Flight distance : 417500 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Atlas_Aus

This is what Tony, one of the admin said to me in another post

"Hi, unfortunately, we're not recommending using third-party accessories with our product and this may affect the performance of your batteries."
2018-8-20
Use props
saviour
Second Officer
Flight distance : 604203 ft

You can't charge the Mavic Air with a power bank.
2018-8-20
Use props
Gigi Rock
lvl.2
Flight distance : 77392 ft
Romania

As mentioned, no charging via USB Power banks, but there is a dedicated powerbank that charges 3 batteries at once:
https://forum.dji.com/thread-160916-1-1.html
The powerbank can be used to charge the remote.
2018-8-20
Use props
Atlas_Aus
Second Officer

Thailand

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-8-20 06:14
Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do appreciate bringing this query to us. For us to be able to help you with this, I'd like to know the Mavic series you own? We're here to help you with this. Thank you.

Hi,

It is the mavic air and I got the combo kit here in Thailand.
2018-8-20
Use props
Atlas_Aus
Second Officer

Thailand

Amjad1983 Posted at 2018-8-20 06:32
I am planning to buy power bank too instead of extra batteries
Just i need your experience is it worthy or not ?
Is charging through power bank is  fast  like wall charger or not ?

Hey mate,

No idea.. BUT... On the way today I plugged my phone into it and by the time we got to where we needed it was nearly fully charged which I thought was quick, mind you it was not empty.
2018-8-20
Use props
Atlas_Aus
Second Officer

Thailand

Maveriksam Posted at 2018-8-20 06:42
Hi Atlas_Aus

This is what Tony, one of the admin said to me in another post

Howdy,

Yeh, sounds like a standard company line to me.... But I have no idea to be honest
2018-8-20
Use props
Atlas_Aus
Second Officer

Thailand

Gigi Rock Posted at 2018-8-20 07:51
As mentioned, no charging via USB Power banks, but there is a dedicated powerbank that charges 3 batteries at once:
https://forum.dji.com/thread-160916-1-1.html
The powerbank can be used to charge the remote.

Howdy,

Thanks for this. Exactly what I am looking for... Now will I be able to get one.. That is the question
2018-8-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Atlas_Aus Posted at 2018-8-20 07:55
Hi,

It is the mavic air and I got the combo kit here in Thailand.

Hi, thanks for the response. may we have the accessory or the power bank that you've mentioned for further information?
2018-8-20
Use props
Atlas_Aus
Second Officer

Thailand

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-20 12:04
Hi, thanks for the response. may we have the accessory or the power bank that you've mentioned for further information?

Hi Tony,

Something like this ;

Charger
2018-8-20
Use props
DJKOR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2035676 ft
Australia

Atlas_Aus Posted at 2018-8-20 20:38
Hi Tony,

Something like this ;

Did you get that specific one or the three battery model:

https://www.amazon.com/Smatree-C ... ously/dp/B0781755L1

The one you linked is the Mavic Pro only model.

Shame the Mavic Air version doesn't come like the Pro version because the size of it is the only thing stopping me from wanting to get one.
2018-8-20
Use props
Atlas_Aus
Second Officer

Thailand

DJKOR Posted at 2018-8-20 21:03
Did you get that specific one or the three battery model:

https://www.amazon.com/Smatree-C ... ously/dp/B0781755L1

Mate,

I have not bought one yet.

But on the link it says : Smatree 158Wh Charging Station for DJI Mavic Air, Extending Your Fly Time in the Field (Charge up to 5-8 Mavic Air Batteries, Charge 3 Mavic Air Batteries Simultaneously)

So I am assuming they do mean Mavic Air, not pro
2018-8-21
Use props
Ridg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 232306 ft
United Kingdom

Atlas_Aus Posted at 2018-8-21 01:37
Mate,

I have not bought one yet.

the SMATree one is for the Mavic Air.

There's a number of thread on here regarding charging in the feild ranging from battery packs with plug outputs to the device linked above.

Long and short is the MA does not support charging over USB (probably never will) (only the spark does currently) but there are solutions.
2018-8-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Atlas_Aus Posted at 2018-8-20 20:38
Hi Tony,

Something like this ;

Hi, sorry that this accessory is not included on our package here in DJI. We have a power bank adaptor and battery charging hub only if you purchase a Mavic Pro Flymore combo. Hope you can get the most explanation on this accessory from our valued customers. Thank you for the support.
2018-8-21
Use props
Atlas_Aus
Second Officer

Thailand

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-21 09:14
Hi, sorry that this accessory is not included on our package here in DJI. We have a power bank adaptor and battery charging hub only if you purchase a Mavic Pro Flymore combo. Hope you can get the most explanation on this accessory from our valued customers. Thank you for the support.

Hi Tony,

I did buy the flymore combo
2018-8-21
Use props
GurryAzzy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5835643 ft
South Korea

There is a power bank that can charge a mechanical air outside.
It's made in Korea.
This is a link.
https://blog.naver.com/openingdream/221228405053

2018-8-22
Use props
Atlas_Aus
Second Officer

Thailand

GurryAzzy Posted at 2018-8-22 04:55
There is a power bank that can charge a mechanical air outside.
It's made in Korea.
This is a link.

Hey,

Thanks for the info... Can't read it but I get the idea
2018-8-22
Use props
samgawthorpdji
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Are you not able to charge the batteries in the Hun from a powerbank then? Why is this not possible?
2018-8-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Atlas_Aus Posted at 2018-8-21 23:56
Hi Tony,

Hi Atlas, Thanks for the updates. Please see the link below for your reference of our package in flymore combo Mavic Air.

https://store.dji.com/product/mavic-air?vid=39101
2018-8-22
Use props
Atlas_Aus
Second Officer

Thailand

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-22 08:57
Hi Atlas, Thanks for the updates. Please see the link below for your reference of our package in flymore combo Mavic Air.

https://store.dji.com/product/mavic-air?vid=39101

Mate,

As above, I have already bought the fly more bundle
2018-8-23
Use props
Atlas_Aus
Second Officer

Thailand

samgawthorpdji Posted at 2018-8-22 06:32
Are you not able to charge the batteries in the Hun from a powerbank then? Why is this not possible?

Hey,

Do you mean HUB ?

I can charge via the hub but it must be mains power, not from a powerbank, sadly..
2018-8-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Atlas_Aus Posted at 2018-8-21 23:56
Hi Tony,

Hi, Thanks for the response, I mean the accessory that you provided is not included on our package if you bought the flymore combo in DJI. Thank you for the support.
2018-8-23
Use props
samgawthorpdji
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Yes I do mean the hub but from a powerbank. I have tried to connect my charge hub to a powerbank (an Ankor one I take on the bank when fishing) and when I tested it, the batteries started to flash as if they are charging. Is this not good for the batteries then?
2018-8-27
Use props
DJKOR
lvl.4
Australia

There appears to be a bit of confusion going on in this tread I think.

Edit: Looks like I confused myself as well. I thought Atlas_Aus purchased a Fly More Kit from a seller who threw in a Smartree battery pack and he was having issues charging his batteries with it. I am now understanding it as that he got the Fly More Kit and was trying to charge the battery with the DJI Battery to Power Bank Adapter.

For both samgawthorpdji and Atlas_Aus, there is no solution I am aware of that allows a powerbank (referring to a battery pack that has a USB power output to typically charge a mobile phone) to charge a Mavic Air battery.

There are two items though available that have some form of relation to all this. The first is a battery pack specifically built to charge Mavic Air batteries. It would look like this:
20180523095159_1709.jpg

This is not sold by DJI and is not part of the Fly More Combo. As such, any troubleshooting or issues should be taken up with Smartee who make it.

As for the other product, there is this:

https://store.dji.com/product/ma ... -power-bank-adapter

Screen Shot 2018-08-28 at 11.20.59 am.png

Now this is a DJI product however it is not for charging the Mavic Air battery. This is so you can use a charged Mavic Air battery to charge other devices that require USB power. Feeding power into it from a powerbank is not going to charge your Mavic Air battery.

2018-8-27
Use props
samgawthorpdji
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJKOR Posted at 2018-8-27 17:22
There appears to be a bit of confusion going on in this tread I think.

Edit: Looks like I confused myself as well. I thought Atlas_Aus purchased a Fly More Kit from a seller who threw in a Smartree battery pack and he was having issues charging his batteries with it. I am now understanding it as that he got the Fly More Kit and was trying to charge the battery with the DJI Battery to Power Bank Adapter.

I don't get how my batteries flashed as if they were charging when I connected my powerbank then! Strange! Going to ask some of the people who make films for fishing tackle companies then as they often use drones and are on the bank for days or longer using powerbank and travel batteries. I always assumed they were recharfing with powerbank etc
2018-8-27
Use props
eried
Second Officer
Flight distance : 661362 ft
Norway

samgawthorpdji Posted at 2018-8-22 06:32

You CAN use a powerbank with an integrated inverter: https://forum.dji.com/thread-162850-1-1.html
2018-8-27
Use props
samgawthorpdji
lvl.3
United Kingdom

eried Posted at 2018-8-27 22:30
You CAN use a powerbank with an integrated inverter: https://forum.dji.com/thread-162850-1-1.html

I just tried eith usb to usb and it started flashing as if it was charging. No inverters or dji specific or recommended device.
2018-8-28
Use props
DJKOR
lvl.4
Australia

samgawthorpdji Posted at 2018-8-28 00:05
I just tried eith usb to usb and it started flashing as if it was charging. No inverters or dji specific or recommended device.

Just don't try that one again. There is a good chance there is protection circuity (or simple diode protection) built into the DJI Battery to USB adapter but I wouldn't rely on it.

As for the powerbank with the integrated inverter, which a solution to the issue of not being able to charge on the go, it unfortunately does not eliminate the need to have the mains charger with you as well. Depending on what you are after, this may or may not suit your needs.
2018-8-28
Use props
larryc43230
Second Officer
Flight distance : 664534 ft

How about this gadget?

Anbee 25000mAh Power Bank for DJI Mavic Pro/Platinum/Mavic Air/Spark/Tello, Outdoor Portable Battery Charger

Larry
*** Edited to correct the bad link.
2018-8-28
Use props
eried
Second Officer
Flight distance : 661362 ft
Denmark

DJKOR Posted at 2018-8-28 00:22
Just don't try that one again. There is a good chance there is protection circuity (or simple diode protection) built into the DJI Battery to USB adapter but I wouldn't rely on it.

As for the powerbank with the integrated inverter, which a solution to the issue of not being able to charge on the go, it unfortunately does not eliminate the need to have the mains charger with you as well. Depending on what you are after, this may or may not suit your needs.

As a companion for my powerbank I have a small solar panel that takes like 5 hours to recharge the powerbank again, so it is a complete loop.

Not suitable for some cases, like going for an afternoon,, but ok for camping and trekking
2018-8-28
Use props
samgawthorpdji
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJKOR Posted at 2018-8-28 00:22
Just don't try that one again. There is a good chance there is protection circuity (or simple diode protection) built into the DJI Battery to USB adapter but I wouldn't rely on it.

As for the powerbank with the integrated inverter, which a solution to the issue of not being able to charge on the go, it unfortunately does not eliminate the need to have the mains charger with you as well. Depending on what you are after, this may or may not suit your needs.

Man that sucks! The powerbank can charge gopros, cameras, radio and my laptop but not the drone. Going to be weighed down with so many batteries!
2018-8-28
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Atlas_Aus Posted at 2018-8-21 01:37
Mate,

I have not bought one yet.

In your original post you said that the seller 'through (sic-threw)' in a charger.... Now you say you have not bought one yet.  Provide a photo of the one that was thrown in, please.
2018-8-28
Use props
DJKOR
lvl.4
Australia

larryc43230 Posted at 2018-8-28 02:52
How about this gadget?

Anbee 25000mAh Power Bank for DJI Mavic Pro/Platinum/Mavic Air/Spark/Tello, Outdoor Portable Battery Charger

Now THAT is what I've been wanting. Thank you. I just hope it's got good power regulation.
2018-8-28
Use props
Atlas_Aus
Second Officer

Thailand

DJKOR Posted at 2018-8-27 17:22
There appears to be a bit of confusion going on in this tread I think.

Damn,

I found that little adapter today and thought AHA, that will work... But alas you have dashed my hopes

The other one looks the goods though, will save up and see what I can find when I have a trip back to Aus.
2018-8-28
Use props
Atlas_Aus
Second Officer

Thailand

larryc43230 Posted at 2018-8-28 02:52
How about this gadget?

Excellent, hopefully they have them in Aus otherwise the postage will kill me

They have just opened up a dispatch place over home... ;)
2018-8-28
Use props
Atlas_Aus
Second Officer

Thailand

WebParrot Posted at 2018-8-28 04:37
In your original post you said that the seller 'through (sic-threw)' in a charger.... Now you say you have not bought one yet.  Provide a photo of the one that was thrown in, please.

Will do.

It was not a charger, just a powerbank.. Which appears useless if I can't charge my batteries with it...

It's like getting a new car and they throw in a set of racks that fits a different car.. Waste of time
2018-8-28
Use props
LordoftheFlies
lvl.3

Did it work...
2018-8-28
Use props
samgawthorpdji
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Atlas_Aus Posted at 2018-8-28 09:19
Will do.

It was not a charger, just a powerbank.. Which appears useless if I can't charge my batteries with it...

Speaking to a number of full time anglers who often spend week long sessions at lakes abroard making films for the companies they work for (all on YouTube) they often use usb charge powerbanks and have yet to encounter any issues with their batteries. Still reading comments on here makes me hesitant tho and sadly that powerbank included above doesn't seem available in the UK, least not on amazon
2018-8-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules