Poor video quality Mavic PRO
6045 7 2018-8-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alexmbraMav
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475220 ft
Portugal

Finally, I managed to find time to starting editing the videos of our last travel holidays. But, for my surprise, almost all videos with Mavic Pro doesn't look that great. After looking at the videos, I've lost interest in improving video editing.
So, I manage to just finish the video. Applied the neat video smooth effect on some parts to remove all the noise, and added some lut to it... Anyway,  ust look at the drone parts. Does anyone have an idea of why it came out like that, full of noise?

2018-8-20
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Thank you for sharing. Did you use the full resolution footage from the SD card? If yes, you might wish to check your camera settings. And which editing software did you use?
2018-8-20
Use props
alexmbraMav
lvl.4
Portugal

Yes, I did use the full resolution. Software was Premiere. But looking at the videos before importing them into premiere, I can see a big amount of noise on several videos.
2018-8-20
Use props
Paul_IA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

Others have more experience with this than me, but the settings look off to me. Do you remember what you used for the video setup (ISO, shutter speed, style, etc.)?
2018-8-20
Use props
alexmbraMav
lvl.4
Portugal

Auto for everything.  
Almost all videos that I recorded on that trip, sucks. Some of them with lots of noise, and others without focus.
2018-8-20
Use props
Mittens
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1906 ft
United States

I have the same problem.. I posed a thread and no responses.  video from my spark and mavic pro look the same other then the mavic is 3 axix stable...
2018-8-20
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1883940 ft
United States

I find just like any dslr you have to adjust settings for the scene, time of day, etc. Sharpness amounts at times can be too heavy or too soft. That depends on the scene. What I do is shoot many clips of the same scenes. Each have variances to those settings. Maybe +1 or -1 or even for sharpness. MP sharpness by default is higher than other DJI drones. Shoot the same scene at +1, 0, -1. In darker scenes I have preferred the -1 setting to soften things up more, and other times I can go as high as +2 when I want building detail.

Another consideration is use of ND filters, especially where you had the sun in the background, all foreground subjects tend to get darker. That's fine if that is the intent, but in most cases you want the subjects not as darkened. You can look at the histogram and see where certain details need some correction. You probably can't fix the shot as if were a reshoot, but some improvements can happen. Over sharpness tends to happen when shadows are dominant. ND filters can really help bring back the washed out skies.

This video and others in the channel are decent.
2018-8-20
Use props
alexmbraMav
lvl.4
Portugal

"What I do is shoot many clips of the same scenes. Each have variances to those settings. Maybe +1 or -1 or even for sharpness."

That is a great advice! I will start to do that as well. Thank you.
2018-8-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules