Lost Connection - Crashed
1009 6 2018-8-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Deere001
New
United States

While flying the Phantom4 it suddenly lost connection and crashed. We replaced the housing shell (top and bottom), as one of the arms was damaged. After it was put together, it would start up, but won't fly - - ESC error?. We took it to a repair shop and they are saying the GPS in the landing gear is damaged. We replaced the landing gear during the shell replacement, but figured maybe one of the wires isn't connected right.  Does this sound likely? They want $200 to repair - $65 diagnostic and $135 for repair.

Before I authorize repair, I wanted to see if others thought that diagnosis sounded likely. Thanks!
2018-8-20
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi. We apologize for what happened. However, we do not recommend self-repair. We highly suggest to send it to our repair facility to have a checkup and fix it for you.
2018-8-20
Use props
Deere001
New
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-20 09:59
Hi. We apologize for what happened. However, we do not recommend self-repair. We highly suggest to send it to our repair facility to have a checkup and fix it for you.

I see it's $130 service fee for Phantom Series. Do we pay for shipping both ways?
2018-8-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Deere001 Posted at 2018-8-20 11:17
I see it's $130 service fee for Phantom Series. Do we pay for shipping both ways?

Hi there. Shipping fee is covered by DJI. All you have to do it to print out the shipping label that we will send to your email and attach it to your package. Should you have further question, please let us know. Thank you.
2018-8-20
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

I think you better send it to Dji for repair.
I would not thrust repair shop which think the GPS is in the landing gear.
GPS is in top shell of the drone but the compass is in landing gear.
ESC is related to motors not GPS.
2018-8-20
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

G_Sig Posted at 2018-8-20 17:11
I think you better send it to Dji for repair.
I would not thrust repair shop which think the GPS is in the landing gear.
GPS is in top shell of the drone but the compass is in landing gear.

Listen to G_Sig
2018-8-20
Use props
TuxMan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 189728 ft
United States

Crashed mine and had similar issues.  Sent it into DJI and they were quick to repair.  It was about $300 but well worth it.  I suggest sending it in.
2018-10-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules