Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gimbal facing the side, how to center again?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
/Aerosul/ 4
lvl.1

Good Afternoon, I changed the Yaw engine and now the Gimbal is turned aside. How do I align the gimbal again? Drone.jpg
2018-8-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. for that one you may I ask have you try to calibrate the gimbal camera?
You can use this setting if the gimbal suddenly changes direction or position. Please check the instructions below.

1. Open DJI Go 4 app.
2. Enter Camera view.
3. Go to settings (3 dots on the top right).
4. Look for Gimbal Settings.
5. Tap on Advanced Settings.
6. Tap on Centering the Camera.
2018-8-20
Use props
/Aerosul/ 4
lvl.1
Brazil

Thanks for listening! I can not find that option.

2018-8-20
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

/Aerosul/ 4 Posted at 2018-8-20 12:59

[view_image]

Aloha Aerosul,

When my P4 or P4 Pro does that, I just restart it and it works properly.  It just happened to my friend an hour ago and it fixed itself with a restart of the aircraft.  Yesterday, I flew up the mountain and into a cloud and it started raining on my lens.  Then my gimbal gave out and dangled.  It tried to straighten out but I flew home anyway.  On the way home, it was almost normal.  Then I did a restart at home and it was normal again.  I flew another battery and it remained normal.

I remember reading once (I am looking for where it was) that if the Phantoms get wet, the gimbal can give out (and it will return to normal when it dries out).  We get real humid weather here on the Windward side of Oahu in Hawai'i and lately I have been having gimbal problems.  I never had gimbal problems before but I never flew in as humid and wet weather as I do these days (I am getting desperate).  As long as it returns to normal, I am a happy guy!

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-8-20
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

[view_image]

Hi. Did you try to calibrate the gimbal?
2018-8-21
Use props
/Aerosul/ 4
lvl.1

Cetacean Posted at 2018-8-20 21:39
Aloha Aerosul,

When my P4 or P4 Pro does that, I just restart it and it works properly.  It just happened to my friend an hour ago and it fixed itself with a restart of the aircraft.  Yesterday, I flew up the mountain and into a cloud and it started raining on my lens.  Then my gimbal gave out and dangled.  It tried to straighten out but I flew home anyway.  On the way home, it was almost normal.  Then I did a restart at home and it was normal again.  I flew another battery and it remained normal.

Hi! Good afternoon. I tried it here! But I still have the same problem. Still thank you for the tip.
2018-8-21
Use props
/Aerosul/ 4
lvl.1

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-21 01:52
Hi. Did you try to calibrate the gimbal?

Yes I tried more stayed the same way.
2018-8-21
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

/Aerosul/ 4 Posted at 2018-8-21 12:52
Hi! Good afternoon. I tried it here! But I still have the same problem. Still thank you for the tip.

Aloha Aerosul,

Mahalo for the information!  It turns out that you and Jimmy have very different problems.  Your problem is as indicated, a slowly rotational YAW of the Phantom.  Jimmy's problem, as indicated by his video, is his YAW is askew to the left as he flies.  His video does not indicate an active rotational problem like yours.  The bottom video he posted of someone else's problem is like your problem.  

Still problems, different, but both need work.  In your case, have you been able to read the manual yet?  Also, DJI Grace put out a DJI GO 4 online manual that is really helpful;

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=118397

Look in this section below and set the settings to default;

https://forum.dji.com/thread-118653-1-1.html

Go down to Main Controller Settings: - the setting is there.

Note the YAW Movement Limit in "Sensitivity" also referenced as "Yaw Point End:".  Move this slider and see if it affects your rotation problem.  See, if you move the slider all the way to the right "250", does it speed up the rotation?  This can be important.

BTW, all these settings will be important after you have solved your rotation problem.  Making smooth videos is the mark of a skilled operator and these and a few other options are your tools.

Hope this helps!  Let me know how it goes.

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-8-21
Use props
DJI User23311
New
Flight distance : 368225 ft
Brazil

Same problem on mavic mini 3 pro after changing gimbal. I've have made everything. Calibrations, updates, everything and still the same, looking to right. Please help me, my work depends on it
20230825_214640.jpg
20230825_214640.jpg
2023-8-25
Use props
djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 474537 ft
United States

[view_image]
2023-8-26
Use props
djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 474537 ft
United States

DJI User23311 Posted at 8-25 17:01
Same problem on mavic mini 3 pro after changing gimbal. I've have made everything. Calibrations, updates, everything and still the same, looking to right. Please help me, my work depends on it[Image]

Why do you feel the need to bring back a 5 year old thread? If your camera is not center you need to use calibrate on the fly app. It should be under control. Use either auto or manual calibrate gimbal.
2023-8-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

DJI User23311 Posted at 8-25 17:01
Same problem on mavic mini 3 pro after changing gimbal. I've have made everything. Calibrations, updates, everything and still the same, looking to right. Please help me, my work depends on it

Hello there. Sorry about the inconvenience. Are you getting an error message from your screen?
2023-8-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules