Mavic Air not compatible with Android
15151 27 2018-8-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MavicAirNeuling
lvl.1

Hello,

I have my Mavic Air now for a week and have various connection issues.

Yesterday I was outside, my phone (LG G6) with Android was conncected to the controller but the phone displayed 'No connection to aircraft'. But it was possible to fly the drone with the RC without any problems. Just no picture on the phone, other informations or changing of settings.

I tried various things to fix this, restarting phone, RC, drone, reconnecting, unplugging and replugging, ... Sometimes for a short time the connection was there. At the end two batteries very half empty until the connection started to work again.

So I went today to the DJI Shop and told what happend yesterday. Then I tried to connect it there and had the same problemes. The employee told me that these are the problems with Android - there is no problem with Apple.

I really think about returning it if it doesn't work reliable with Android. The way it is now there is no fun.

2018-8-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, I do apologize for the inconvenience caused. However, LG G6 is not fully compatible with your Mavic Air. We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on our website to avoid any problem. For reference, please see attached image below. Should you have further concern, please let us know. Thank you.

2018-8-20
Use props
Grumpy D
First Officer
Flight distance : 18245 ft
United States

Yep, you only have two options. Return it or get a new phone. I know it SUX but it is what it is.
I feel your pain.
2018-8-20
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Sorry, but you are totally wrong and this shop has no clue at all it seems. How is your mobile device connected to the RC? I hope via cable! If not, please connect it via cable and switch off WiFi on your mobile device.   If you still have a connection problem use a different cable. You can even use the charging cable of your mobile device by plugging the Micro USB into the device and the USB A plug in the middle bottom port of your RC.
2018-8-20
Use props
MavicAirNeuling
lvl.1

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-8-20 12:46
Sorry, but you are totally wrong and this shop has no clue at all it seems. How is your mobile device connected to the RC? I hope via cable! If not, please connect it via cable and switch off WiFi on your mobile device.   If you still have a connection problem use a different cable. You can even use the charging cable of your mobile device by plugging the Micro USB into the device and the USB A plug in the middle bottom port of your RC.

It is connected via cable. And I have seen the difference beween RC to phone connection is not working (eg. unplugged cable or bad contact) and the thing that happens on my phone.
2018-8-20
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

MavicAirNeuling Posted at 2018-8-20 12:54
It is connected via cable. And I have seen the difference beween RC to phone connection is not working (eg. unplugged cable or bad contact) and the thing that happens on my phone.

Then I would tend to agree with DJI Natalia that it might be a compatibility issue with your LG mobile device. But please change the title of you opening post. Mavic Air is definitely compatible with Android (I am flying only with Android devices), just maybe not with your device.
2018-8-20
Use props
RLShky
lvl.1
Flight distance : 182562 ft
United States

If it’s not recognizing the connection, place your Android into usb debug mode. Should work then. Was the solution I’ve used and seen it work for others as well
2018-8-20
Use props
BKahuna
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7425909 ft
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-8-20 13:01
Then I would tend to agree with DJI Natalia that it might be a compatibility issue with your LG mobile device. But please change the title of you opening post. Mavic Air is definitely compatible with Android (I am flying only with Android devices), just maybe not with your device.

Wachtberger is right, Mavic is absolutely OK with Android.  The problem is that there is such a variety of Android devices that there are some that work better than others.  Apple is the only manufacturer of Apple devices and therefore there is less variation.

I use an LG V20 I bought new on Amazon for $350.
2018-8-20
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Works perfectly on Android.  Try a different USB cable for starters.
2018-8-20
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

After success with LG G4, LG is degrading slowly with their phones
2018-8-20
Use props
Adriano Araujo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 731565 ft
Brazil

Change to iOS
2018-8-21
Use props
GhostWolf010
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
Netherlands

What is your firmware and what version of app are you on? Sounds like the.400 and .21/22 problems. If your drone is on .400, and your app is on .21 or .22, try to rollback your firmware and app, there are a lot of posts here about how to do this.
2018-8-21
Use props
Kingram
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84085 ft
United States

Is your phone in Airplane mode ?
2018-8-21
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

I surprised this comment didn't draw any "back-lash" from the Android folks.
2018-8-21
Use props
Breezer74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20072 ft

United Kingdom

I actually bought a Note 4 as dedicated phone for using with my mavic air as it works so well.  No issue at all with android as long as the phone is powerful enough.
2018-8-21
Use props
WayneMHK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 694728 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-8-20 13:01
Then I would tend to agree with DJI Natalia that it might be a compatibility issue with your LG mobile device. But please change the title of you opening post. Mavic Air is definitely compatible with Android (I am flying only with Android devices), just maybe not with your device.

"But please change the title of you opening post."

Yeah, like all those "Fell out of the sky" posts that were clearly pilot error?  Probably not happening.
2018-8-21
Use props
STRIDE8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1382431 ft
United States

Tviscomi Posted at 2018-8-21 08:28

LOL stop stirring the pot
2018-8-21
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1883940 ft
United States

Tviscomi Posted at 2018-8-21 08:28

Not as much as when iOS had issues and someone joked about shoulda bought an android device!! A bunch of guys were actually upset. Lame! Joke is a joke
2018-8-21
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
United States

See post 22 w video. See conversations after
https://mavicpilots.com/threads/ ... rouble.41806/page-2
2018-8-21
Use props
MavicAirNeuling
lvl.1

miketmtpro Posted at 2018-8-21 21:01
See post 22 w video. See conversations after
https://mavicpilots.com/threads/lg-g6-connection-trouble.41806/page-2

@All Many thanks for your suggestions and your help.
I will try the suggestion the next time I go flying. Nevertheless this is really a dealbreaker for me and if it is not fixed by DJI soon I will return the drone.
2018-8-22
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
United States

MavicAirNeuling Posted at 2018-8-22 11:20
I will try the suggestion the next time I go flying. Nevertheless this is really a dealbreaker for me and if it is not fixed by DJI soon I will return the drone.

That sentiment has been repeated many times by users in our local drone club. They can't see having to buy $400-1000 devices to fly a drone on top of what they already paid, or have in their own late model mobile devices. I often hear, "wait so I have to spend another $800 to use a single app from this drone
mfg?"  To some, they'll spend the extra $, but to others it makes zero sense.

Most common sold devices should all be tested and optimized for. Yes, there are many devices in the Android world, but there are also very common ones which have power enough to plow through Go4 app.

I just got  a new Note 9 in, so we'll see how it does. Faster cpu, 8G ram, 512G mem, should work with most apps I would think.
2018-8-22
Use props
Amjad1983
lvl.4
Flight distance : 310489 ft
United Arab Emirates

aAndoid works properly with DJI Go
but you have to rule out other issues like : cable , connecting slots ,firmware update ...
Just try to use other android devices to compare
2018-8-22
Use props
Steve F
lvl.1
United States

MavicAirNeuling Posted at 2018-8-22 11:20

I would second what Kingram stated. Given your connection to the RC is wired, put your phone in airplane mode.  This will reduce interference by the phone from its Wi-Fi and cell RF front-end.  When first experiencing connection difficulties, I have found that my issues have gone away after doing this procedure at startup.  It may even help with the range, but I have yet to quantify it.
2018-8-23
Use props
roadapple
lvl.3
Flight distance : 973058 ft
United States

new app today crashed my fire.no video feed.
2018-8-26
Use props
djiuser_useAQR0LqmBy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Same problems here.

Worked great for 3 months on Android (HTC U11), now can't connect RC to my phone.

Have tried new cable, USB Debug mode, flight mode, turning off wifi/data, Uninstalling & Reinstalling the app.

The issue isn't with the app at all. The issue is with the connection from RC > Phone. When plugged in I just get a 'Slow Charging' warning which never appeared before. In DJI Go 4 it simply doesn't think my phone is connected. Changing the USB mode to Midi / MTP / PTP does nothing.

Spent the last 3 days reading hundreds of people with the exact same issues, and no reliable solution. All DJI say is 'buy a new phone'.
2018-8-28
Use props
fansf4cd5dd0
New
United States

djiuser_useAQR0LqmBy Posted at 2018-8-28 03:19
Same problems here.

Worked great for 3 months on Android (HTC U11), now can't connect RC to my phone.

I have tried everything you did and my LG still does not show view of camera. Frustrating
2019-4-15
Use props
Aerial-Image
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Its perfect with my Android, latest Go app and latest FW and its not even on that stupid DJI list either - its a Xperia XZ3, Plus also works perfect on my tablet and thats not on the list either Huawei M3 Mediapad (10.1") - Ha-ha!
2019-4-15
Use props
djiuser_KZ2GGARC9v63
New

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-8-20 12:43
Hi there, I do apologize for the inconvenience caused. However, LG G6 is not fully compatible with your Mavic Air. We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on our website to avoid any problem. For reference, please see attached image below. Should you have further concern, please let us know. Thank you.

[view_image]

I have a Nokia x100 it is a android 11 will work
2022-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules