Mavic Air - Marco Polo Advanced
1181 13 2018-8-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mBa_NH
lvl.1
United States

First off, my apologies if there is another thread here specifically for the Mavic Air (I found one for the Pro and Platnium, but not the Air.)   

Is anyone using this, the advanced (waterproof/larger) receiver?  (Living here in the White Mountains of NE, it is really hard to get above the forest )
Thank you for your input and insights!
mBa

2018-8-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Thank you for the inquiry. I would like to ask what exactly your query all about?  Please keep us posted.
2018-8-20
Use props
mBa_NH
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-20 14:12
Hi, Thank you for the inquiry. I would like to ask what exactly your query all about?  Please keep us posted.

Hello DJI Tony,
Thank you for your response.
I would like to know if anyone is using the Marco Polo (Advanced) on their Mavic Air.  From the other threads in the Mavic Pro forum, folks seemed to be finding it difficult to mount.  
Everyone in my flying club has them, but they are mounted on the Phantom's/Solo's/Wings etc ... which have a lot more real estate to attach it too.
mBa
2018-8-20
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

2018-8-20
Use props
OneDoesNotSimply
Second Officer
Flight distance : 662644 ft
United States

One problem is that the only good place for mounting on the Air is probably on the battery. If you mount it on top, you risk interfering with the GPS or the compass.
2018-8-20
Use props
mBa_NH
lvl.1
United States

OneDoesNotSimply Posted at 2018-8-20 14:25
One problem is that the only good place for mounting on the Air is probably on the battery. If you mount it on top, you risk interfering with the GPS or the compass.

Thank you for your insight, OneDoes!  
I really think that even with the non-waterproof receiver, (smaller) that it will be a challenge.  I can/could live with velcro and a zip tie on all of my batteries - but really wanted to know what others were using.
2018-8-20
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

OK, I'll admit I had to Google this one. So the "Marco Polo Advanced" is a tracker (originally developed for pets it appears) that you strap to your drone so if you lose it, you can track it down. You learn something new every day.
2018-8-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

mBa_NH Posted at 2018-8-20 14:23
Hello DJI Tony,
Thank you for your response.
I would like to know if anyone is using the Marco Polo (Advanced) on their Mavic Air.  From the other threads in the Mavic Pro forum, folks seemed to be finding it difficult to mount.  

Hi, sorry for the late response, unfortunately, we don't have any information about this accessory as we don't recommend any third party accessories to our drone and it may affect the performance of your drone. Thanks for your understanding.
2018-8-21
Use props
Alex Batalov
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Im using a gps gsm tracker, it’s attached with Velcro to the battery at the bottom, on my spark. All is good, no issues.

Safe Flying.
Alex.
2018-8-21
Use props
mBa_NH
lvl.1
United States

Paul_IA Posted at 2018-8-20 15:24
OK, I'll admit I had to Google this one. So the "Marco Polo Advanced" is a tracker (originally developed for pets it appears) that you strap to your drone so if you lose it, you can track it down. You learn something new every day.

My apologies Paul_IA!  (and everyone else here)  
I assumed, that folks knew what the Marco Polo was.  (I am rather dense at times - sorry)
Indeed it originally started out as a 'pet finder/tracker' but has since evolved for the UAV world.  What is special about it is ... there is no GPS or Cell data involved.  Which is awesome if you live in the densely forested mountain ranges of NH - where a cell signal is null and void.
http://eurekaproducts.com/rc-model-tracking-and-recovery/
2018-8-21
Use props
mBa_NH
lvl.1
United States

Alex Batalov Posted at 2018-8-21 12:58
Im using a gps gsm tracker, it’s attached with Velcro to the battery at the bottom, on my spark. All is good, no issues.

Safe Flying.

Thank you, Alex!  What brand/manufacturer are you using for your tracker?
I am thinking that this is really the (only) way to go, (velcro/zip ties on the bottom of the battery) but really wanted some confirmation of others.
2018-8-21
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

mBa_NH Posted at 2018-8-21 14:55
My apologies Paul_IA!  (and everyone else here)  
I assumed, that folks knew what the Marco Polo was.  (I am rather dense at times - sorry)
Indeed it originally started out as a 'pet finder/tracker' but has since evolved for the UAV world.  What is special about it is ... there is no GPS or Cell data involved.  Which is awesome if you live in the densely forested mountain ranges of NH - where a cell signal is null and void.

No problem at all. At first I was thinking of the "Marco!, Polo!" game and was trying to figure out how you did that with drones. LOL. I get your point as I used to fly RC aircraft and this was something that we used on them as well (though we used transceivers designed for falconry back then).

I wonder what adding weight to the Mavic does for flight performance? Would you have to be sure to center it or is the Mavic smart enough it really doesn't  care? Inquiring minds want to know.
2018-8-21
Use props
Alex Batalov
Second Officer

Spain

I’m using TK 102 that I bought on amazon for 20 euros and so far its working perfectly.
Safe Flying.
Alex.
2018-8-22
Use props
Alex Batalov
Second Officer

Spain

Also the added weight of 50 grams of the gps gsm tracker, has no impact on flying time.
Still same 10-12 minutes flying on my spark.
2018-8-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules