Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Can I replace the glass for the downward sensor myself?
2447 4 2018-8-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans66281ef3
New
Sweden

Hi!

I almost crashed my Mavic Air the other day but it managed to find a safe place and I could fly it back to myself without any problem.
When I inspected the drone afterwards I found that the protective glass for one of the downward-sensors were broken.

You think it´s possible to change this myself?

Just talked to the support and he told me that the "backward and downward vision system" needed to be replaced. But when I look at pictures of that component the glass that is broken on my drone is not attached to that component. It looks more like the glass is attached to the shell itself. You can see the picture of my drone on this link: https://ibb.co/jrXSFz

Here is the component where you can see the white sensor which is under the damaged glass.

2018-8-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, sorry to see the glass of the downward-sensors was broken, it is recommended to send in the drone to DJI official repair center for repair service, our repair team will help to get it addressed, the warranty may be affected if you repair it by yourself, please start a ticket here: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index Thank you.
2018-8-21
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

The problem would probably be finding one.
2018-8-21
Use props
djiuser_8rLEZ5n6Bj0L
New

Algeria

Hello
Can you please tell me what did you do next because I have the same problem?
2020-7-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_8rLEZ5n6Bj0L Posted at 7-6 04:10
Hello
Can you please tell me what did you do next because I have the same problem?

Sorry to know you have the same issue, self-repair could void the warranty, it is recommended to contact your reseller for further assistance.
2020-7-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules