p4p v2.0 Lenovo Tablet Major issue - help please
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DougW
lvl.2

Good Morning.

I really hate starting my first post asking for help but this has really gotten me down. New quad pilot. This is my first "real" drone. Got the p4p v 2.0 and since my eye sight is not that good at my age I decided to purchase a tablet to compliment my bird. I purchased the Lenovo TAB4 8. Hooked all up and all seems to work excellent except the feed back to the tablet when in the air. It brings up DJI Go with no problem and connects to the quad and all looks great on the ground but when flying, the video back to the tablet is so blotchy and broken up it is totally unusable. The bird flying fine but like I said, with my eye sight I can't take it any further out than about 20 yards or I loose it in the sky. Kind of defeats the purpose of getting this particular quad.

Is there a known problem with this Lenovo tablet? If so, is there a fix or work around? Looking at running into town and getting a SAMSUNG Galaxy Tab A 7" 8GB Android 5.1 WiFi Tablet Black - Micro SD Card Slot - SM-T280NZKAXAR. Does anyone know if this new tablet would correct my problem?

Thanks in advance. I was off work yesterday and today and really wanted the bird in the air so if this will fix the problem I'll be on my way to get it.

2018-8-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please provide a short video showing the issue so that I can check it on my end? You can upload it by using google-drive or Dropbox and provide the link here.
2018-8-21
Use props
DougW
lvl.2

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-8-21 07:13
Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please provide a short video showing the issue so that I can check it on my end? You can upload it by using google-drive or Dropbox and provide the link here.

Hi Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I am not home at the moment. I haven't taken any photos or videos with the camera so I don't know if video taken from the bird is effected or not but my best guess is that the video would be fine, it is just the transmission of data from the drone to the tablet or the way the tablet processes the information. Tks again
2018-8-21
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Your tablet probably doesn't have enough processing power.  The GO4 has gotten pretty power hungry.
2018-8-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

DougW Posted at 2018-8-21 07:34
Hi Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I am not home at the moment. I haven't taken any photos or videos with the camera so I don't know if video taken from the bird is effected or not but my best guess is that the video would be fine, it is just the transmission of data from the drone to the tablet or the way the tablet processes the information. Tks again

No problem. Did you try to use a different USB cable? May I know what is the Android version of your  tablet? How did you position the antennas? Kindly check the video tutorial below.

2018-8-21
Use props
DougW
lvl.2

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-8-21 07:40
No problem. Did you try to use a different USB cable? May I know what is the Android version of your  tablet? How did you position the antennas? Kindly check the video tutorial below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7M9JtfVwQE

The cable is the one that came with the p4p and I have not tried another one yet. The tablet is a Lenovo Tab4 8 CPU Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 Display 1280*800 IPS - Memory LP DDR3 2 GB / 16 GB storage / Android Version 7.1.1 - hope this helps

Tks
2018-8-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

DougW Posted at 2018-8-21 07:53
The cable is the one that came with the p4p and I have not tried another one yet. The tablet is a Lenovo Tab4 8 CPU Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 Display 1280*800 IPS - Memory LP DDR3 2 GB / 16 GB storage / Android Version 7.1.1 - hope this helps

Tks

Hello there. Could you please try to use different device? Let's see if this will work. Thanks.
2018-8-21
Use props
DougW
lvl.2

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-8-21 09:00
Hello there. Could you please try to use different device? Let's see if this will work. Thanks.

Yes that's what the original post was about. I have one tablet that I know is not working with the P4P and listed another one I could purchase locally but I do not know if that one is known to work with the P4P. I already purchased one that does not work so a little gun shy on buying another.

I will purchase the tablet the next time I am in town and see if it works. Won't have a chance to test it again till next Monday

Tks all
2018-8-21
Use props
DougW
lvl.2

DougW Posted at 2018-8-21 12:18
Yes that's what the original post was about. I have one tablet that I know is not working with the P4P and listed another one I could purchase locally but I do not know if that one is known to work with the P4P. I already purchased one that does not work so a little gun shy on buying another.

I will purchase the tablet the next time I am in town and see if it works. Won't have a chance to test it again till next Monday

OK, new tablet, new problem. Purchased a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7.0 1280x800 TFT LCD / 1.3 Ghz Quad Core / 1.5 GB Ram + 8 GB ROM SM-T280

Downloaded Dji Go 4 / connected with quad no problem / all checked out good, good signal etc. / about 20 feet from quad. Hit launch and bird fires up and lifts to about 4 feet and then I get signal lost and have to drop back down to the ground. Did it four or five times. As soon as it lifts off I lose signal?? The antennas are in the correct position. Not sure if the issue from before (screen breakup) was corrected because I couldn't stay in the air long enough to test it. Thoughts ??
2018-8-21
Use props
DougW
lvl.2

DougW Posted at 2018-8-21 19:23
OK, new tablet, new problem. Purchased a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7.0 1280x800 TFT LCD / 1.3 Ghz Quad Core / 1.5 GB Ram + 8 GB ROM SM-T280

Downloaded Dji Go 4 / connected with quad no problem / all checked out good, good signal etc. / about 20 feet from quad. Hit launch and bird fires up and lifts to about 4 feet and then I get signal lost and have to drop back down to the ground. Did it four or five times. As soon as it lifts off I lose signal?? The antennas are in the correct position. Not sure if the issue from before (screen breakup) was corrected because I couldn't stay in the air long enough to test it. Thoughts ??

Also, what is the best tablet to use with the P4P V 2.0 and could my problems above be related to the USB transmission speed of the port? Really want this up and flying. Was my sons birthday yesterday (his birthday present) and we could only get 4 feet off the ground 8~(
2018-8-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules