Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Yaw motor balance is bad
12Next >
14094 45 2018-8-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nohchilife
lvl.3

I cannot get the yaw axis balanced correctly according to the app. the app keeps saying it's bad no matter what I do. Recently updated the Ronin-S with the latest firmware.

Screenshot_20180821-141252.jpg Screenshot_20180821-151208.jpg

2018-8-21
Use props
Nohchilife
lvl.3

Motor power value after tilting 45° on the gimbal.
1.jpg
1.jpg
2018-8-21
Use props
Nohchilife
lvl.3

NOW
1-Android app says:
2-ios app says:

2018-8-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Nohchilife, sorry to know the Pan axis cannot be balanced, may I know if you have tried Auto Tune and the system calibration?
2018-8-22
Use props
Nohchilife
lvl.3

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-8-22 02:22
Hi Nohchilife, sorry to know the Pan axis cannot be balanced, may I know if you have tried Auto Tune and the system calibration?

Yes i tried Auto tune, joystick calibration, system calibration.
2018-8-22
Use props
Nohchilife
lvl.3

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-8-22 02:22

Autocenter problem, and PAN re balance needed with ios app, and yaw - BAD with android app. it's the firmware problem?
2018-8-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Nohchilife Posted at 2018-8-22 21:13
Autocenter problem, and PAN re balance needed with ios app, and yaw - BAD with android app. it's the firmware problem?

Hi Nohchilife, after balancing the Ronin S, please try to tilt the grip 45 degrees to check the motor power value, it is normal if the value is within ±5. As for the reminder, our engineers will optimize this feature in the next update. Thanks for your understanding.
2018-8-23
Use props
Nohchilife
lvl.3

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-23 00:32
Hi Nohchilife, after balancing the Ronin S, please try to tilt the grip 45 degrees to check the motor power value, it is normal if the value is within ±5. As for the reminder, our engineers will optimize this feature in the next update. Thanks for your understanding.

Is It Normal?
2018-8-23
Use props
Nohchilife
lvl.3

did again autotune and now so +-, It is necessary each time if i turn on the gimbal to do auto tune again?

2018-8-23
Use props
Leigh Bloom
New
United Kingdom

I've just bought a Ronin S today and have spent all day trying to balance it.  I also keep getting the same message on my android App
Yaw: Bad
Roll: Excellet
Pitch: Excellet

Any help with balancing would be most welcome, as i have also spent the day watching many balancing videos on Youtube.

Thanks

Leigh

2018-8-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Nohchilife Posted at 2018-8-23 00:59
did again autotune and now so +-, It is necessary each time if i turn on the gimbal to do auto tune again?

[view_image]

This is normal, no worries. We'll release on our website as soon as the firmware update is ready.
power value.png
2018-8-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Leigh Bloom Posted at 2018-8-23 14:48
I've just bought a Ronin S today and have spent all day trying to balance it.  I also keep getting the same message on my android App
Yaw: Bad
Roll: Excellet

Hi Leigh, please refer to this tutorial video and try to balance the Ronin S, then check the power value as mentioned in 7#.

2018-8-24
Use props
Leigh Bloom
New
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-24 22:36
Hi Leigh, please refer to this tutorial video and try to balance the Ronin S, then check the power value as mentioned in 7#.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuJpoqiS-uE

Hi Susan,

Thanks for the video link, yes i have followed this video very carefully and have watched many other videos as well.  I get the camera balanced very well and i get     Yaw:Bad     every time.

Any help would be great thanks!
2018-8-29
Use props
RePit
lvl.1
Italy

Same problem here.
Got my Ronin S today, trying to balance a 5Dmk 4 with 35mm 1.4 (2.1kg).
Doing the balance I got bad- however I tried to get a test shot and it was ridiculus like a hand held.
I do autotune and than the bad remain the gimbal is super stable but the Motor is producing an incredible sound like it's on his limit forcing the balance so I reset all.
Waiting for a response.
Thanks
2018-8-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Leigh Bloom Posted at 2018-8-29 05:53
Hi Susan,

Thanks for the video link, yes i have followed this video very carefully and have watched many other videos as well.  I get the camera balanced very well and i get     Yaw:Bad     every time.

Sorry for the late response. The new Ronin S firmware has been released, you may update to this version and check whether it works now.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-164239-1-1.html
2018-8-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

RePit Posted at 2018-8-29 15:12
Same problem here.
Got my Ronin S today, trying to balance a 5Dmk 4 with 35mm 1.4 (2.1kg).
Doing the balance I got bad- however I tried to get a test shot and it was ridiculus like a hand held.

Hi RePit, please refer to 15# and keep us posted on the latest progress, thanks so much!
2018-8-31
Use props
Nohchilife
lvl.3

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-31 02:43
Sorry for the late response. The new Ronin S firmware has been released, you may update to this version and check whether it works now.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-164239-1-1.html

All Excellent now.
But Recentering still not fixed
2018-9-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Nohchilife Posted at 2018-9-4 12:50
All Excellent now.
But Recentering still not fixed

Hi Nohchilife, do you refer to the balance? If you changed the camera/lens or met other issues, it is recommended to do the auto tune to see whether it helps.
2018-9-6
Use props
djiuser_KA6FmPQcNEGF
lvl.1
United States

I HAVE ALSO
2018-9-17
Use props
djiuser_KA6FmPQcNEGF
lvl.1
United States

new firmware still yaw bad .. smh
2018-9-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_KA6FmPQcNEGF Posted at 2018-9-18 02:43
new firmware still yaw bad .. smh

Sorry for the late response. Just to verify, the issue remains after balancing the Ronin S, right? May I have the screenshot of the firmware and the motor power value?
2018-9-19
Use props
djiuser_KA6FmPQcNEGF
lvl.1
United States

2018-9-21
Use props
djiuser_KA6FmPQcNEGF
lvl.1
United States

https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... j/view?usp=drivesdktest yaw bad
2018-9-21
Use props
djiuser_KA6FmPQcNEGF
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-9-19 01:08
Sorry for the late response. Just to verify, the issue remains after balancing the Ronin S, right? May I have the screenshot of the firmware and the motor power value?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... j/view?usp=drivesdk
2018-9-21
Use props
BRAINVISION
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-9-19 01:08

as you can see in the video in the test correct 45 degree motor stays in place. i have newest current firmware. i have uploaded and downloaded. still same issue.. yaw motor bad... i have auto tune i have recalibrate joystick ... only get excellent 1 out ever 7 or 8 balance test.
2018-9-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

BRAINVISION Posted at 2018-9-21 13:46
as you can see in the video in the test correct 45 degree motor stays in place. i have newest current firmware. i have uploaded and downloaded. still same issue.. yaw motor bad... i have auto tune i have recalibrate joystick ... only get excellent 1 out ever 7 or 8 balance test.

Received with thanks! I'll forward to our engineers to check the exact status and will keep you updated on the latest progress.
2018-9-22
Use props
BRAINVISION
lvl.1
United States

ok.. thank you.. dont want to use if its broken
2018-9-22
Use props
BRAINVISION
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-9-22 00:43
Received with thanks! I'll forward to our engineers to check the exact status and will keep you updated on the latest progress.

any word need to use product to work and feed family .. if no good need to return..
2018-9-24
Use props
BRAINVISION
lvl.1
United States

BRAINVISION Posted at 2018-9-24 04:08
any word need to use product to work and feed family .. if no good need to return..

OK. THANK YOU.
2018-9-24
Use props
BRAINVISION
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-9-22 00:43
Received with thanks! I'll forward to our engineers to check the exact status and will keep you updated on the latest progress.

how long it take engineer to review...many day pass.. need to return product if problem not solved in next day or 2 ... need product that fully work..please update
2018-9-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

BRAINVISION Posted at 2018-9-26 05:27
how long it take engineer to review...many day pass.. need to return product if problem not solved in next day or 2 ... need product that fully work..please update

Sorry for keeping you waiting. I just got an update from our engineers that they need more data. Could you offer the screenshots of the Joint Angels when the gimbal is centering? We'd like to check whether it can be figured out remotely, thanks!
2018-9-27
Use props
BRAINVISION
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-9-27 04:22
Sorry for keeping you waiting. I just got an update from our engineers that they need more data. Could you offer the screenshots of the motor parameters when the gimbal is centering? We'd like to check whether it can be figured out remotely, thanks!

2018-9-28
Use props
BRAINVISION
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-9-27 04:22
Sorry for keeping you waiting. I just got an update from our engineers that they need more data. Could you offer the screenshots of the motor parameters when the gimbal is centering? We'd like to check whether it can be figured out remotely, thanks!

will file claim tomorrow if no solution ....
2018-9-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

BRAINVISION Posted at 2018-9-28 03:22
will file claim tomorrow if no solution ....

Sorry for the confusion, the parameter we mentioned here is the Joint Angle, you may update to the latest APP and refer to the below screenshot to confirm. If any value is more than 1, you may try to calibrate the Joint Angle to see whether it is this case.
A.png
2018-9-29
Use props
BRAINVISION
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-9-29 01:51
Sorry for the confusion, the parameter we mentioned here is the Joint Angle, you may update to the latest APP and refer to the below screenshot to confirm. If any value is more than 1, you may try to calibrate the Joint Angle to see whether it is this case.

Instructions on how to calibrate joint angle ?
2018-9-29
Use props
BRAINVISION
lvl.1
United States

BRAINVISION Posted at 2018-9-29 03:03
Instructions on how to calibrate joint angle ?

i have done reset joint angle goes to zero .. gimbal is complete CENTER when hitting button for recalibrate . then hit auto tune .. still BAD YAW... I THINK ITS DEFECTIVE
2018-9-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

BRAINVISION Posted at 2018-9-29 03:12
i have done reset joint angle goes to zero .. gimbal is complete CENTER when hitting button for recalibrate . then hit auto tune .. still BAD YAW... I THINK ITS DEFECTIVE

Thanks for the confirmation. Please kindly start a case and send it in from here: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index The designated team will take care once the package arrived.
2018-9-29
Use props
BRAINVISION
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-9-29 03:18
Thanks for the confirmation. Please kindly start a case and send it in from here: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index The designated team will take care once the package arrived.

CAS-2295928-C1R8S1i start case .. says to send in...will this cost me money for repair? and do i send every thing in box i received on day of purchase ....so not happy wait 4 months for product now wait longer for repair of non functional product.. the out come is constant autotune from yaw motor being bad..
2018-9-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

BRAINVISION Posted at 2018-9-29 05:41
CAS-2295928-C1R8S1i start case .. says to send in...will this cost me money for repair? and do i send every thing in box i received on day of purchase ....so not happy wait 4 months for product now wait longer for repair of non functional product.. the out come is constant autotune from yaw motor being bad..

The local team will do damage assessment once the package arrived and offer you a proper solution. We'll keep an eye on the status as well.
2018-9-30
Use props
BRAINVISION
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-9-30 03:05
The local team will do damage assessment once the package arrived and offer you a proper solution. We'll keep an eye on the status as well.

great thank you for support.. i hope to get fixed as best and fast as possible. not had good time with this product for money spent and wait time to get..now have to send off.. ALL ITEMS IN BOX that was received by DJI have been returned...
2018-9-30
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules