1305 10 2018-8-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJ-MA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 127713 ft
Netherlands

Hi all,
I recently got myself an MA, and am quite happy with it generally, smooth video and nice pictures etc. One issue does bother me a bit, I sometimes get a 'no signal' warning when in photo mode and the feed does gray out, but the controller/app are connected just fine and respond to input. If I select video mode, the connection comes back instantly, again selecting photo-mode after that does not produce the error. It happens both in the air (scary!) and stationary (not flying).  The first time it happened it freaked me out quite a bit, do others also experience this? (Newest firmware, most recent android version -.24).

Curious to learn if someone has a resolution for this.

best,
DJ
2018-8-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Our apologies for the inconvenience. Can you try to reset the camera to factory defaults? What mobile device, DJI Go 4 app and firmware version you are using? What is the model of your SD card? If it is convenient for you, kindly provide a short video showing the issue so that I can check it on my end. You can upload it by using google-drive or Dropbox and provide the link here.

2018-8-21
Use props
DJ-MA
lvl.4
Netherlands

Thanks. I've reset the camera settings and while it does not always happen, I still get the same error. Note that my error notification was different, it did not read 'RC signal lost' but 'No signal'. Are there camera options that can mess up the connection between phone/RC/AC? I PM'd you the video link.
2018-8-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

DJ-MA Posted at 2018-8-21 09:04
Thanks. I've reset the camera settings and while it does not always happen, I still get the same error. Note that my error notification was different, it did not read 'RC signal lost' but 'No signal'. Are there camera options that can mess up the connection between phone/RC/AC? I PM'd you the video link.

Hi there, I do apologize for the inconvenience caused. Can you please try to uninstall and reinstall your DJI Go 4 App? Also, may I know what mobile device are you using?
2018-8-21
Use props
DJ-MA
lvl.4
Netherlands

Removed and reinstalled DJI GO-4, does seem less frequent, but still happens. Meaning, when I cycle between photo/video mode for about 40 times, with 2 sec in between, I did see it twice report 'no signal'. As a phone I'm using a Huawei P10 (runs on Oreo), this is the only 'heavy' app I'm running on it.
2018-8-21
Use props
DronEnthusiast
lvl.2
Flight distance : 282589 ft

Mine does that to from time to time .. I am afraid of change video to photo cause of that when I am 300-500 meters away.. I thought it was the last update..
2018-8-21
Use props
DJ-MA
lvl.4
Netherlands

Thanks for chiming in DronEnthusiast. It does have the same effect on me, in that I worry about switching to photo mode in flight because I fear this 'No signal' and if not corrected quickly enough, an automatic RTH. I realized that the video illustrating this was not visible to all, so I added a still to show the problem, this might help others recognize either mine or their issue with this error. In this still it sits just stationary on my desk, phone/RC/AC less than one 1M apart. Pretty sure it is a bug of some sort, as it generally restores the feed by switching back to video, and the connection is clearly there (see pic).
2018-8-21
Use props
DJ-MA
lvl.4
Netherlands

It appears that I'm not alone with this error, nor is the problem new (see also: (useful discussion) and (not so useful as most think the RC/AC connection has been lost, but that is not the case). Just spend an entire battery on figuring this one out, and while I can induce this error reliably (5-10% of the photo/video mode switches) when my aspect ratio is photo 4:3, I have failed to see a single one when the aspect is 16:9. All the errors can be recovered from by switching to video and back photo-mode, it is good to know that pano/hdr are 4:3. So the switch between 16:9 and 4:3 seems to trigger this error, switching back to 16 and then to 4:3 seems to reset the camera somehow which most of the time is successful and allows for taking photos.
Hope that the DJI engineering team can fix this one little annoyance (and that these clues help doing so).
2018-8-22
Use props
DJ-MA
lvl.4
Netherlands

New app update (4.3) still has the issue of graying out video feed when switching to 4:3 aspect photo's from 16:9 video mode, but it no longer claims 'no signal' and both distance/proximity sensor feeds and radar are still showing live data. App internally cycling between video/photo mode when it detects the no-feed issue would make it perfect, but this already a major improvement. Thanks!
2018-8-24
Use props
DJ-MA
lvl.4
Netherlands

While I have no other issues with the newest app version/AC, the 'no signal => RTH' popped up again the other day. I had recorded a short video and wanted to shoot some HDR next, I kept seeing a grey video feed, even when cycling back and forth between video/photo mode. This time I've attempted to set the aspect ratio in the photo settings, and there I was presented with the 'no signal, RTH?' - after selecting 16:9 in photo-mode the video feed was back again.
Note that the signal between RC/AC was never lost and being a bit anxious about this issue/signal loss, I try to keep the AC close by when I switch modes. Would be great if this could be addressed in the next app update (because I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with the AC firmware). (Android 8 on Huawei P10, not sure if issue it also happens on iOS). Thankfully, I was able to shoot some nice pictures after 'correcting' this little hickup...
2018-9-16
Use props
DJ-MA
lvl.4
Netherlands

During my last travels, I had the opportunity to fly again, and make some very nice shots. However, the annoying bug resurfaced that didn't affect me during the last app versions. Problem; if I fly in video mode and stop recording and switch to photo mode, sometimes the AC-phone feed grays out and this then triggers the app to think it needs to issue a RTH, but the RC is still fully connected, and invariably, I can fly and land the craft safely. It did ruin my chances on completing this shot ... because once I landed the AC and rebooted it, the magic window was gone and the sun was already too high ... Phone (P10), and all software/firmware/app current.
Anyone else has this problem as well? I have no other issues with the AC ...
2019-8-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules