Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Dji, We need a stable firmware for AC and Rc
123Next >
4255 81 2018-8-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ani
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1148 ft
India

In the latest release of firmwares for ac and rc,
Ac firmware: V 01.00.1000
Rc firmware: V 01.00.0600
There are many bugs repored in the forrum and I m also witnessing some of those.
Some of the reported bugs are mentioned below-
1- Bricked RC after OTA update.
2- Connectivity loss between RC AND AC.(Happening with me also)
3- Take off issues(Happening with me also)
4- Weak image transmission signal.
5- RC is truning on but no wifi visibility.
There are many more in the forum.
So my request to Dji is forward these reported bugs to your respective department and release a stable firmware as soon as possible because the Fun and Videography Need of Spark is now being compromised because of this latest firmware release and there is no direct fix for it.
2018-8-21
Use props
S.J
Captain
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

There are lot of issues concerning how the SPARK behaves with the latest firmware on both RC and SPARK.  My case is a jumping SPARK at low altitudes ! !  At altitudes above 4 meters , it is OK !!  I  dont use OTG cable on my Android Samsung Note 5 for the last one year as  the WiFi works fine. It so happened with the latest firmware updates SPARK is  giving trouble including  hard landing even Normal mode .
2018-8-21
Use props
Ani
Second Officer

S.J Posted at 2018-8-21 09:05
There are lot of issues concerning how the SPARK behaves with the latest firmware on both RC and SPARK.  My case is a jumping SPARK at low altitudes ! !  At altitudes above 4 meters , it is OK !!  I  dont use OTG cable on my Android Samsung Note 5 for the last one year as  the WiFi works fine. It so happened with the latest firmware updates SPARK is  giving trouble including  hard landing even Normal mode .

I am also facing this issue and its so annoying and scary to watch my spark hit the ground for 2-3 times while taking off.
2018-8-21
Use props
S.J
Captain
Kuwait

Ani Posted at 2018-8-21 09:08
I am also facing this issue and its so annoying and scary to watch my spark hit the ground for 2-3 times while taking off.

I am afraid the Gimbal may break !!  i normally land on Sand or beach sand...but this brings in lost of dust
2018-8-21
Use props
Ani
Second Officer

S.J Posted at 2018-8-21 09:09
I am afraid the Gimbal may break !!  i normally land on Sand or beach sand...but this brings in lost of dust

Yes and since then i stopped doing take off from hand.
Now Its not easy and fun to fly spark.
Lets hope Dji release a stable firmware.
Or atleast provide a soultion to downgrade the RC firmware.
Because till now we can only downgrade AC firmware.
And there are many issues caused because of the RC firmware
2018-8-21
Use props
Chuck101
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27815 ft
United States

I agree with all the above posts. 100%
I recently upgraded my Spark to 01.00.1000. Based on all the troubles I have seen here concerning this upgrade I will be downgrading back to 01.00.0900. I had no troubles there.
Fortunately I did not upgrade the RC.

It is extremely disappointing that DJI has had NOTHING official to say about all of these issues we are experiencing. Even the DJI Administartors here are unable to get DJI  to respond.
Does DJI tell the Admins to just pacify the complainers and keep shutup about any corporate issues? Are the admins under a gag order?
2018-8-21
Use props
Haggi
Captain
Flight distance : 2581785 ft
Norway

I have all the latest FW's and no issues at all.
Sorry for your troubles, guys!
2018-8-21
Use props
Joller79 DK
First Officer
Flight distance : 26447 ft
Denmark

The problem with no wifi out of rc, can not be fixed i think, it must be updated through djigo4/wifi, so unless they make dji assistant able to up/downgrade rc..the rc is bricked..worthless...

Jumping takeoff, some posted a workarround, try takeoff, directly on phone/device, with swipe gesture..

I also did update rc to newest, on my non supported huawei p10 lite, and no issue here...
2018-8-21
Use props
Haggi
Captain
Flight distance : 2581785 ft
Norway

I'm not tryin to arguing about the issues here. I'm just presenting my side.
I've had 30+ flights since Jul 19th, when the new FW was released.. and not a single issue. None whatsoever!

Sidenote: Have to admit I'm not on the latest GO 4 app.. but old 4.1.15 and Litchi.
2018-8-21
Use props
Joller79 DK
First Officer
Flight distance : 26447 ft
Denmark

Haggi Posted at 2018-8-21 10:46
I'm not tryin to arguing about the issues here. I'm just presenting my side.
I've had 30+ flights since Jul 19th, when the new FW was released.. and not a single issue. None whatsoever!

I have nothing to proof my statement, but i think it could be user error when upgrading rc... You have to reconnect once or twice during update process, could it be, that people see the statusbar stop, midways, and panic, then turn rc off, and then say there is no wifi...??
2018-8-21
Use props
Greg F
Captain
Flight distance : 944308 ft
Australia

Hopefully we get new updates soon with a few bug fixes.  
2018-8-21
Use props
S.J
Captain
Kuwait

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-8-21 09:18
Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're very sorry for the inconvenience that you have faced. Regarding that, I can forward this concern to our developer for them to know what could be the cause and rectify it. and again we're sincerely sorry for the inconvenience.

Notice SPARK jumping during landing ONLY
2018-8-21
Use props
Jos A
Captain
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Chuck101 Posted at 2018-8-21 09:26
I recently upgraded my Spark to 01.00.1000. Based on all the troubles I have seen here concerning this upgrade I will be downgrading back to 01.00.0900. I had no troubles there.

It's all in the plan, there are new drone's coming out....prove??? Look @ forum to the phantom 2 vision+,
they updated the app and sunddenly all wifi modules burn out in the phantom 2 vision + which caused black screen on FPV. Thousand people has it and there where no spare parts.
So everyone buy a new drone.
A good lesson for me , when Spark is flying well and everything is working, no new flightmodes is coming don't upgrade, stick to .0900 with DJI go4 version 4.1.15. Thats my opinion

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D370%26typeid%3D370
2018-8-21
Use props
Datree
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21371 ft
United States

Jos A Posted at 2018-8-21 23:13
It's all in the plan, there are new drone's coming out....prove??? Look @ forum to the phantom 2 vision+,
they updated the app and sunddenly all wifi modules burn out in the phantom 2 vision + which caused black screen on FPV. Thousand people has it and there where no spare parts.

ooooo eeee i love me a good conspiracy
2018-8-21
Use props
dudez7
Second Officer
Flight distance : 741778 ft
Singapore

After latest firmwares update, I too also encountered  similar jumping SPARK at low altitudes/hovering , as well hard landing.

Now (finger crossed) seems that everything back to normal after i did the IMU+Compass calibration ( https://youtu.be/kfxtxKd69f4 ) and reset the RC ( https://youtu.be/6V89DsN6m1k )

But I'm still no luck with RC stick calibration issue....

2018-8-22
Use props
djiuser_NuStSrDUH3OU
lvl.4
Flight distance : 237789 ft
United States

I have all latest fw on controller and spark and havnt had any problems using iphone 6s . sorry alot of you r having issues. Hope it gets resolved
2018-8-22
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
First Officer

Hungary

Jos A Posted at 2018-8-21 23:13
they updated the app and sunddenly all wifi modules burn out in the phantom 2 vision + which caused black screen on FPV. Thousand people has it and there where no spare parts.

I completely agree. There is no point in updating, if everything works well. My firmware: 00.0701 and Go app. 4.1.15. mod2 with Mavic flight modes.
2018-8-22
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5910961 ft
  • >>>
Mexico

For the disconnecting issue, I highly recommend and otg connection or a100% certainity, that there is NO bluetooth in 10 m radius
Since the RC update, mine ist 100% stabil (till now) with cable (android 7 and 8 devices with 4 or more GB Ram).
But has a lot connectivity issues in wifi mode which are somehow always because of a bluetooth in close distance
Seems that the RC is more bluetooth troubled since the otg update, as it was before.
Either the video goes or the app is just a video screen with no app display button functionality.
Tested/found on 4.1.15/4.2.21 ( not updated to 4.2.24 yet, any reviews?), But also on litchi.
And is solved,after app restart, if really no bluetooth around, anymore (bystanders checked?)
Since you will only have control about that in the middle of your backyard:
Use a cable.
2018-8-22
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

great suggestion
2018-8-22
Use props
S.J
Captain
Kuwait

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-8-22 06:55
Hi there, thank for the video that you've provided what I can see here it seems it's a cached video, may I clarify does the video came from the SD card or mobile device?

Mobile  device...  i had to compress the video to reduce the size of the video to upload it here !!
2018-8-23
Use props
wimherman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 208556 ft
Norway

There are lot of issues concerning how the SPARK behaves with the latest firmware on both RC and SPARK.  My case is a jumping SPARK at low altitudes ! !  At altitudes above 4 meters , it is OK !!  I  dont use OTG cable on my Android Samsung Note 5 for the last one year as  the WiFi works fine. It so happened with the latest firmware updates SPARK is  giving trouble including  hard landing even Normal mode .

Talk about hard landing.. I was on final, maybe 20cm above the landing surface, when my spark suddenly made a rough move rightbackwards.. crashing into some chairs..  First i thought it was the wind, but at that altitude the wind was gone. 2nd landing after that very wobbly.. So yes something going on inside..
2018-8-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Ani, we're sorry for the troubles and inconvenience. May I have some sample videos of the connectivity and take-off issues? If will be better to export the corresponding flight data, I'll forward to our engineers for analysis, thanks in advance!

2018-8-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

S.J Posted at 2018-8-21 20:57
SPARK BEING JUMPY

Notice SPARK jumping during landing ONLY

Hi S.J, we're sorry for the troubles. Could you refer to 24# and export the corresponding flight data? We'd like to check the exact status and try our best to figure this out.
2018-8-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Chuck101 Posted at 2018-8-21 09:26
I recently upgraded my Spark to 01.00.1000. Based on all the troubles I have seen here concerning this upgrade I will be downgrading back to 01.00.0900. I had no troubles there.

Chuck101, I understand your concerns and would like to help as well. We're still collecting the data to check the exact status, if you have the similar experience, please kindly provide us the issue video and corresponding flight data, I'll forward to our engineers for analysis, thanks so much!
2018-8-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

dudez7 Posted at 2018-8-22 01:35
After latest firmwares update, I too also encountered  similar jumping SPARK at low altitudes/hovering , as well hard landing.

Now (finger crossed) seems that everything back to normal after i did the IMU+Compass calibration ( https://youtu.be/kfxtxKd69f4 ) and reset the RC ( https://youtu.be/6V89DsN6m1k )

Hi dudez7, for the RC calibration issue, may I know which mobile device do you use and which step are you stuck with? We would like to have more details for better assistance, thanks so much!
2018-8-23
Use props
ssylca44
Captain
Flight distance : 434721 ft

Hi,
Personally, I have no issues with the latest firmware update. Hoping it remains that way!
2018-8-23
Use props
Wolferl
Captain
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

ssylca44 Posted at 2018-8-23 04:43
Hi,
Personally, I have no issues with the latest firmware update. Hoping it remains that way!

Yes, me too. Sparky flies nicely, no problems. Since I use an older app version (4.1.15), everything works nicely.
2018-8-23
Use props
S.J
Captain
Kuwait

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-23 03:36
Hi S.J, we're sorry for the troubles. Could you refer to 24# and export the corresponding flight data? We'd like to check the exact status and try our best to figure this out.

Hi Susan,

Please follow the web link below for the Flight data . i am unable to upload because the DJI online form is not accepting the telephone number !!

https://we.tl/t-KljsgV1uys

Also the attached the flight log below
http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/F14DBUDZACY3AKXQV9LH/

I am also attaching here the Airdata results for your review .

https://app.airdata.com/share/dTlYHv

Let me know what is the problem .
2018-8-23
Use props
Junior SBC
Captain
Flight distance : 476483 ft
Brazil

Hello friends

I use the following setting:

Firmware 01.00.1000
DJI Go 4.2.21
OTG

My smartphone:
Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime
Android 7.0
3GB RAM / 1GB free
32GB / 12GB free
Octacore
Because the wifi only works on the 2.4GHz frequency, so the need for OTG

Everything working perfectly well. All the updates I make are with DJI Assistant 2 running on a Windows 10 notebook and always first resetting to factory defaults and then upgrading to the latest firmware. The only exception was the update of the control, performed inside the DJI Go 4.
2018-8-23
Use props
S.J
Captain
Kuwait

Hi Susan,
Please refer to # 30 for flight data of a previous flight with similar jumping behaviour in the beach area.

Attached here another video of the jumping spark.  All calibrations, latest firmware and DJI GO4 app v4.2.24 ( Android )  

2018-8-23
Use props
djiuser_RpETiBIHbySh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 157995 ft

Datree Posted at 2018-8-21 23:28
ooooo eeee i love me a good conspiracy

Its not a conspiracy. Planned obsolescence is real. Considering we live ina consumer society imagine what would happen to dji if their drones were desgined to last 15-20 years. Or any manufacturer for that matter.
2018-8-24
Use props
djiuser_RpETiBIHbySh
lvl.1

You guys screwed up with this firmware update. Putting my spark on the shelves til i read about a solid working firmware release. Ideally I'd like a refund. Hmm. Still have a couple days on my best buy receipt... what to do...
2018-8-24
Use props
djiuser_RpETiBIHbySh
lvl.1

Haggi Posted at 2018-8-21 09:29
I have all the latest FW's and no issues at all.
Sorry for your troubles, guys!

Lucky. I noticed it when i was about to shoot some footage at a lake. Its not too late! You might get the same issues soon! Wait for it.
2018-8-24
Use props
Wolferl
Captain
Austria

S.J Posted at 2018-8-23 07:07
Also the attached the flight log below
http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/F14DBUDZACY3AKXQV9LH/

You definitely have a bad battery there.
More than 0.08 V cell difference, that's a lot! (Flight log @ 5min 6.7sec as an example)

Cheers,
Wolferl
2018-8-24
Use props
S.J
Captain
Kuwait

Wolferl Posted at 2018-8-24 05:55
You definitely have a bad battery there.
More than 0.08 V cell difference, that's a lot! (Flight log @ 5min 6.7sec as an example)

it flies extremely smooth in SPORTS mode. More than 2 km in total in one flight with a ambient temperature above 44 degree celsius where battery temperature goes above 75 ddegree celsius... SPARK works well in extreme environment !!:)
2018-8-24
Use props
INTERAVE
lvl.3
Flight distance : 21079 ft
United States

Just got back my Spark due to constant disconnect issues and an error that keeps telling me that I can only fly "30m and 100m respectively and not to fly beyond that range". DJI kindly replaced my drone with another one. I was very excited to get my drone back and in the air as you can imagine. Unfortunately, when I took off for the first time after receiving it back from DJI, it went up and down like crazy during take off. Once I was able to stabilize it, I got it up in the air and then all of a sudden strange things started to happen. First, I got an error that stated my "Downward Sensor is failing and that I should land immediately". Second, once I saw that error and tried to land, the Spark would not respond to my R/C. It just hovered there until finally it just went into RTH on it's own.  This was very scary since it was about 10 feet in the air and I felt helpless. Thirdly, that same error about not being able to fly "30m and 100m respectively and do not fly beyond that range" came back again! Ugh. I chatted with DJI Support on these issues and they advised me to downgrade the firmware. I will be doing this on the weekend in the hopes of correcting all these errors. Wish me luck.
2018-8-24
Use props
Wolferl
Captain
Austria

S.J Posted at 2018-8-24 06:31
it flies extremely smooth in SPORTS mode. More than 2 km in total in one flight with a ambient temperature above 44 degree celsius where battery temperature goes above 75 ddegree celsius... SPARK works well in extreme environment !!:)

Hi SJ,

That may be the explanation why the battery is on its way out. LiPo batteries do not like heat.
If I were you, I'd mark that battery and use that one only for short flights or practicing or so. If that cell #3 passes out, your bird falls off the sky.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2018-8-24
Use props
S.J
Captain
Japan

Wolferl Posted at 2018-8-24 06:38
Hi SJ,

That may be the explanation why the battery is on its way out. LiPo batteries do not like heat.

Battery is not on its way out.  i have still 11 minutes of flight time n SPORTS mode which has been consistent for nearly 1 year  !!  

2018-8-24
Use props
Datree
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21371 ft
United States

S.J Posted at 2018-8-23 11:37
Hi Susan,
Please refer to # 30 for flight data of a previous flight with similar jumping behaviour in the beach area.

Watching the video it seems like you just waxed them floors real goood! but i am curious if you try the same thing but put some kind of dark cloth or cardboard over your shiny floors see if it still bounces around.
2018-8-24
Use props
S.J
Captain
Japan

Datree Posted at 2018-8-24 08:17
Watching the video it seems like you just waxed them floors real goood! but i am curious if you try the same thing but put some kind of dark cloth or cardboard over your shiny floors see if it still bounces around.

It was working smoothly for 1 year until i upgraded to the latest firmware !!  maybe a coincidence
2018-8-24
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules