Cannot Balance Sony a7iii + Zeiss 50mm 1.4
503 0 2018-8-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Z-Nation
New
Flight distance : 33 ft
United States

Just like the title says, I cannot balance my Sony A7iii & Zeiss 50mm 1.4 lens. I bought the DJI Counterweight set, but the mounting plate is not made correctly, and the quick release slips. I have to manually tighten the screw holding the lever arm. The lens is super heavy, but both the camera & lens fall under the 8lb limit. I have tilt arm extensions, but they cannot go lower than #2, due to the electronics cable becoming very tight at that point. I cannot get the Tilt Axis to balance properly. Once I get it set up the best I can, I check the app, and the power is usually around -1 to 2 at the most, since I have it balanced evenly. But when I try to tilt it, the power jumps to 25+ and the motor seems to die, and then the Ronin will not respond to panning movements...I am about to resest the Ronin to factory specs and try just the body of the camera to see if I have killed the tilt motor. I am out of ideas at this point. I have tried multiple weights, the original mounting plate, the longer plate + weights, etc....Can anyone help me please??? I have a project this weekend, and need to get it ready to shoot. Thank you!
2018-8-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules