Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Focus wheel adjustment?
822 10 2018-8-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ApexVS
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

LOVING my RoninS on the D850... question: is there any means of adjusting the sensitivity of the focus wheel? While it does work, I'm having to turn it a LOT to show appreciative focus change... I was hoping to be able to ramp up the amount of focal change per turn of the wheel?
thanks!
2018-8-21
Use props
alexkachkaev
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15253
Russian Federation

Yeah I'm SO interested, too!
2018-8-25
Use props
Jesaul
lvl.4
Netherlands

I agree. The same is for me.
I would like the sensitivity to be a parameter.
2018-8-27
Use props
Mabou2
First Officer
Flight distance : 247270
  • >>>
United States

From what I see, the focus wheel is not a one-to-one adjustment.  The faster you turn the wheel, the larger the focus move.  The slower you turn the wheel, the slower the adjustment.  This might not be true on all brands of cameras, but for my Panny Gh5s, it is true.
2018-9-4
Use props
RobGrange
New
Flight distance : 34368

I would like this feature too,

with the canons it is 1 2 1 at any speed, in my opinion, it should be like this to allow you to do accurate pull focuses, but its a few full rotations of the wheel to go form minimum distance to infinity and this doesn't make for easy smooth pulls.

as I see it it should have sensitivity from 1/4 turn to go full range on the lens through to the levels it is now.  the option for 121 and speed of movement to adjust sensitivity and  these should be in the 3 mode settings for ease of switching on a shoot and needless to say on all cameras
2018-11-29
Use props
djiuser_QsiiAsEMWBV8
lvl.1

Dji we would love to hear from you about this. The sensitivity on the focus wheel is way too sensitive. We would love an update or something.
2018-12-17
Use props
djiuser_QsiiAsEMWBV8
lvl.1

Dji we would love to hear from you about this. The sensitivity on the focus wheel is way too sensitive. We would love an update or something.
2018-12-17
Use props
kazcow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9047
United Kingdom

On my Z7 focus wheel is far too sensitive - OP says not sensitive enough on D850.. hmm we need an adjustment option please!
2018-12-18
Use props
Between2tides
lvl.2
United States

Has there been any new information on this. Mine is also far to sensitive making what looks to be a fantastic product difficult to use. DJI could you weigh in here? Thanks.
2-6 08:46
Use props
Lord Leonard
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2050

The Ronin smartphone app has 2 modes for the focus wheel.  Fast & Slow.  They are both pretty much useless while filming.  I normally adjust the wheel before I start recording as it's kind of hard to turn and It took about a full turn just to go 1mm on the lens.  This was on a Sony a6500 with the 18-105mm.  
2-6 14:20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 2

Between2tides Posted at 2-6 08:46
Has there been any new information on this. Mine is also far to sensitive making what looks to be a fantastic product difficult to use. DJI could you weigh in here? Thanks.

Hi there, sorry for the troubles with the Focus Wheel, may we verify you are referring to the speed of the Focus Wheel is too sensitive to control or the physical Focus Wheel's knob? Any chance to share us a short video of the issue and the serial number of the Focus Wheel? Thank you in advance.
2-12 02:10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules