Auto-pilot
762 3 2018-8-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ryan5973
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Anyone use Autopilot with the Inspire 2?

When you setup a focus strategy in waypoint mode and start the mission, the camera can be controlled.

But if you’re setting up waypoints by using the drone in manual flight, the camera stays focused in the same direction it was pointing at takeoff.

What setting do you use so the camera stays focused in the same direction as the drone heading in manual flight?

2018-8-21
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. May I know what camera are you using for your Inspire 2?
2018-8-22
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Ryan, that's counter-intuitive for what Autopilot does.  You need to take it out of P mode an fly it manually if you want control in your explanation.

In Autopilot, you program the focused area in its software upon the area with a Focus Point (or multiples of FP's) so it stares at that automatically as it flies.  There is a means to point the camera manually while flying in Autopilot mode but I don't like the manual drifting/jerking I get doing so.   They have videos online as to how to do it, or just ask them as they do respond to questions I have had.  It's complex though and takes a lot of sit-down and pre-programming time and you can test fly the mission before getting it up there too.

Good luck!
2018-8-22
Use props
Ryan5973
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2018-8-22 06:48
Ryan, that's counter-intuitive for what Autopilot does.  You need to take it out of P mode an fly it manually if you want control in your explanation.

In Autopilot, you program the focused area in its software upon the area with a Focus Point (or multiples of FP's) so it stares at that automatically as it flies.  There is a means to point the camera manually while flying in Autopilot mode but I don't like the manual drifting/jerking I get doing so.   They have videos online as to how to do it, or just ask them as they do respond to questions I have had.  It's complex though and takes a lot of sit-down and pre-programming time and you can test fly the mission before getting it up there too.

You're referring to setting up the focus mode for the camera that take effect after you execute a waypoint mission. I'm referring to controlling the camera when using the Aircraft location to set waypoints.  

https://autoflight.hangar.com/autopilot/flightschool#settings

"When connected to an aircraft, you can tap Use Aircraft Location or press the C2 button on the Remote Control to use the current aircraft location for various Mode Controls."

When using the drone to set waypoints, I had no control over the 360 degree camera. I resolved the problem yesterday when I disabled this setting. With this setting disabled, the camera will stay focused in the same direction the drone is flying;

"Yaw Enabled if Available
Toggle to allow Autopilot to set the gimbal yaw on aircraft types with 360-degree gimbal yaw capability. If this setting is off, Autopilot will rely on the aircraft yaw to frame shots."

2018-8-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules