MULIPLE FAILURES!!!
1254 14 2018-8-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pete 456
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Started two weeks after purchase - repeated IMU failure, switch to back-up, followed by gimbal constantly failing to align horizon. Next on the list, even with precision landing "on" it lands upto 5m away, returns to home and starts descending within 0.5m of the landing position but then drifts and fails to correct and even after a short flight records the commencing take off position as being -15.0m! Now when it ascends in auto take-off can get significant drift with excellent GPS signal (19+) satelites locked in. Now won't even fly in a straight line unless using tap to fly option! Have tried re-setting through DJI assistant 2, no improvement. New faults occurring every time if flies..... First DJI product, I think it will also be my last.
2018-8-21
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

Based on your statements

please do IMU cal

please do Compass cal

Use a level on the surface you do the IMU cal on.......make sure you are LEVEL on 5 axis

Try to have your drone nice and cool when you do the IMU cal......not refridgerated....just cool.
2018-8-21
Use props
Pete 456
lvl.1
United Kingdom

rwynant V1 Posted at 2018-8-21 14:35
Based on your statements

please do IMU cal

All done multiple times, more failures occurring each week. Forgot to add, compass calibration required everytime
2018-8-21
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

Return and replace

That's all I got!!

Randy,  and good luck with the next one!!
2018-8-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Sounds like to many problems for a quick fix, I would create a case and have it shipped back, process should take about 10 working days.
Good luck.
2018-8-21
Use props
Kingram
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84085 ft
United States

Which Mavic do you have ? so it flew fine for two weeks ? if it was purchased at a store exchange it .
2018-8-21
Use props
Paul_IA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

If you've done all the calibration correctly and it still acts this way, you probably have no choice but to send it back for repair. I've seen a couple of threads here with similar behavior that turned out to be a bad IMU board. Only DJI will be able to tell you though.
2018-8-21
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would return it and get another one.  Good luck!
2018-8-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry to know that you're having an issue with our DJI Mavic Air. I would recommend restoring factory defaults and refresh the firmware of your aircraft using the DJI Assistant 2. After using the application, please re-calibrate the IMU and compass to see if there will be changes, however, if the issue will persist. Kindly contact our support or the reseller for possible replacement of the unit. Please see the link below for you to download the application. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/mavic-air/info#downloads
2018-8-21
Use props
Muchmore
lvl.4
Flight distance : 568714 ft
  • >>>
United States

If it's an Air you might bite the bullet like I did and use the DJI Care Refresh to get a new one. The "new" one came with .300 firmware and flys like new. I mean new new!
2018-8-21
Use props
Pete 456
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-21 16:26
Hi, sorry to know that you're having an issue with our DJI Mavic Air. I would recommend restoring factory defaults and refresh the firmware of your aircraft using the DJI Assistant 2. After using the application, please re-calibrate the IMU and compass to see if there will be changes, however, if the issue will persist. Kindly contact our support or the reseller for possible replacement of the unit. Please see the link below for you to download the application. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/mavic-air/info#downloads

Tony - this has all been done (stated in my post - you obviously didn't take the time to read it all) - it will be returned, though I have raised a case in support yesterday and heard nothing back
2018-8-22
Use props
Pete 456
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Pete 456 Posted at 2018-8-22 00:47
Tony - this has all been done (stated in my post - you obviously didn't take the time to read it all) - it will be returned, though I have raised a case in support yesterday and heard nothing back

Wow! My DJI experience just keeps getting better, go into After Sales Support, press on the Repair / Exchange Option and it goes nowhere, really classy - sort your ..... out DJI, not acceptable!!
2018-8-22
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Pete 456 Posted at 2018-8-22 00:56
Wow! My DJI experience just keeps getting better, go into After Sales Support, press on the Repair / Exchange Option and it goes nowhere, really classy - sort your ..... out DJI, not acceptable!!

https://repair.dji.com/repair/index
2018-8-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Pete 456 Posted at 2018-8-22 00:47

Hi, Thanks for the response. I would like to ensure that we have managed to exhaust the usage of DJI Assistance 2 as you've mentioned that you've done resetting, however, do you happen to have a case number? If you manage to contact our support and report this case you'll be receiving an email wherein your case number will be included. I would advise checking the spam folder and junk folder to make sure that we have read our folders. Thank you for the support.
2018-8-22
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Pete 456 Posted at 2018-8-22 00:56
Wow! My DJI experience just keeps getting better, go into After Sales Support, press on the Repair / Exchange Option and it goes nowhere, really classy - sort your ..... out DJI, not acceptable!!

Do try a different Web Browser.
2018-8-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules