No tilt ??
1186 9 2018-8-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Brice J
lvl.1
France

Hi, I've been searching all the web without solution...

My phantom 3 4K works perfectly but the camera/gimball tilt (up-down) doesn't work.

It calibrates "perfectly", it's horizontal and in front of the horizon but I can't move the camera up or down neither with the remote controller or on the screen app.

The problem is the same in FPV or Follow mode and with differents settings of the gimball.

The only things I can do is face to the ground or face to the horizon when I click on "center".

Any idea ?

Thanks

2018-8-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Our apologies for the inconvenience. If it is convenient for you, kindly provide a short video showing the issue. You can upload it by using google-drive or Dropbox and provide the link here. May I know the current firmware version?
2018-8-22
Use props
Brice J
lvl.1
France

this is the problem :

https://drive.google.com/open?id ... wTiEuiZOjDxXxWwbc2O
2018-8-22
Use props
Brice J
lvl.1
France

2018-8-22
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I don't think your gimbal light is supposed to be red, is it?  I don't have a P3 4K but I have a couple P2 V+'s and the gimbal light is green after the boot up even with the controller off.  

Good luck
2018-8-22
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Brice J Posted at 2018-8-22 12:20
this is the problem :

https://drive.google.com/open?id=11OHi1YxxFPZ0QwTiEuiZOjDxXxWwbc2O

Aloha Brice,

When you calibrate the Remote Controller, be sure to move the wheel slowly and check to see if all the numbers from 1-100% are clearly shown.  Remember, it takes 5-10 seconds for the numbers to start to respond to the movement of the wheel and even the sticks.  Once you have started and all the numbers are displaying properly, and even with the sticks you can get a 45 degree read-out with two 100%, then press done and see how it works.

It takes a long time for the computer to start the initial calculations but after that it goes quite quickly.  The older P3 series Phantoms like my P3 Pro are particularly slow to start the calculations.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-8-23
Use props
Brice J
lvl.1
France

Mark The Droner Posted at 2018-8-22 17:09
I don't think your gimbal light is supposed to be red, is it?  I don't have a P3 4K but I have a couple P2 V+'s and the gimbal light is green after the boot up even with the controller off.  

Good luck

Thank you for your answer.

The light is red because there's no SD-Card. It's turn green as soon as you insert a card.

Brice

2018-8-23
Use props
Brice J
lvl.1
France

Cetacean Posted at 2018-8-23 01:02
Aloha Brice,

When you calibrate the Remote Controller, be sure to move the wheel slowly and check to see if all the numbers from 1-100% are clearly shown.  Remember, it takes 5-10 seconds for the numbers to start to respond to the movement of the wheel and even the sticks.  Once you have started and all the numbers are displaying properly, and even with the sticks you can get a 45 degree read-out with two 100%, then press done and see how it works.

Hi Cetacean !!

THANK YOU.
You found the (very simple) solution !!

I upgraded DJIgo and calibrate the tilt button and now it works.

I didn't see I could calibrate the remote for this button. I had calibrate the stick before but either I did'nt seen it either it was not possible in previous version of software. I think it was possible but I was a little confused... after all my research on the web... ;)

And I'm sorry for my english style : I'm not english speaker.
2018-8-23
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Brice J Posted at 2018-8-23 22:53
Hi Cetacean !!

THANK YOU.

Aloha Brice,

You are among friends.  I have certainly done the same thing.  The video you posted looked like that was the problem.

Fly safe and have fun!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-8-23
Use props
droneusername
lvl.1

United States

Mine did the same thing. After "playing" with my gimbal settings I had set the the speed  to minium and the buffer to the maximum, which made the wheel seem to not work. It did work but at such a slow rate it seemed to not respond.  These were the settings on the P3s. Are there similar settings on the 4k? I'm happy you resolved the issue and are back in the air and am just curious.  
2018-11-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules